Pairs LP Saturday, November 21, 13:30 Eastern Time | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Pairs LP Saturday, November 21, 13:30 Eastern Time

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to the medalists.

Aliona/Robin - their FP was breathtaking and I love their Out of Africa Music.
IMO This program connects them in a way their other programs did not, they were awesome.

Maria and Max- If they continue to skate like they did today they will be on the podium in Vancouver. Just beautiful skating today from them.

I was pleased with the way Caydee and Jeremy skated.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Pairs is shaping up to be an awsome event.
GPF can't come soon enough...
It really is. I mean, we have been complaining for such a long time about bad quality among the pairs - but just look at them now! There are S/Z and S/S. P/T and M/T had a super season so far. K/S didn't look bad either. This time all the couples at the GPF could basically win the GPF, of course only if S/Z and S/S have an off day.

amateur

Final Flight
possibly for CoP judging... but certainly not in skating...

Well I meant a 10 for a program component under CoP... Not referring to those cheesy pro competitions back in the 90's, and I know also plenty of 6.0's were handed out back in the day under that system....

So, is this 10 a first, as far as anyone here knows?

Last edited:

gold12345

Medalist
I really like Savchenko & Szolkowy's LP a lot better than their old one. And they absolutely deserved to win, of course. (Love Story does not fit well with M/T). But that score of 132 is too high considering they both did single axels. I realize Shen & Zhao are getting the same sort of score inflation when they are the clear cut winner, but why can't scores just be more accurate?

Savchenko/Szolkowy:

3T+3T: GOE from -1 to +2

3twist: GOE from -1 to +2

Second lift: GOE from 0 to +3

Third lift: GOE from 0 to +3

I don't care if they are the definite winners, why are the scores so all over the place?

Dube/Davison:

3twist: GOE from -2 to +1

Death spiral: GOE from -1 to +2

Second lift: GOE from -1 to +2

Denney/Barrett:

3twist: GOE from -3 to 0

I just don't understand. I almost always agree with the placements of the pairs, but the protocols sometimes have some wacky things going on.

I just don't understand. I almost always agree with the placements of the pairs, but the protocols sometimes have some wacky things going on.
Yet some posters never say anything until they see the protocols. Much of the scoring in CoP is still by opinion: GoEs and almost the entire PC scores. That's life. But don't defray from your own opinions. You have that right.

yqs100

On the Ice
So, who's on the GPF?

S/S
S/Z
M/T
K/S
P/T
Z/Z ??

(Just guessing... I'm not keeping tab)

Yes,,,the order is as below according to their scores

1.S/Z
2.P/T
3.M/T
4.S/S
5.K/S
6.Z/Z

Hmmmmmm poor D/D,,they got a better chance to break the final but they didnt make it,,,thats such a pity.....wish them good luck in the olymnpics

yqs100

On the Ice
for me, s/s's new LP is not really "new",,,,,,,

compared to "you'll never walk alone" most elements are the same,,just added some dancing elements and changed the costume,,,thats all...........Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... I expected the music could be more drama........but most part of the program is under the main theme.........Zzzzzzzzzzz

gold12345

Medalist
Yet some posters never say anything until they see the protocols. Much of the scoring in CoP is still by opinion: GoEs and almost the entire PC scores. That's life. But don't defray from your own opinions. You have that right.

Yes, much of scoring is by opinion, and some judges are stricter than others. But when a team gets a -2 and a +2 for the same element (S/S's twist in the short program), maybe it should be better established what exactly constitutes a good element and what constitutes a bad one.

B

bingbing

I am so excited to see a season with so many competitive skaters at good state.
First,congratulations to S/S.
But how could a judge give a 10 to a program with apparent mistakes and little speed?Since this system began,so many classic progarms have been created,but we have never saw a perfect mark.Why?That`s just radiculous!

hongligl

Final Flight
I love S/S's new LP! This is the first time that I ever really like their program. Although it is really not that new from technical point of view, the mood is really better and I like the ending choreography. It's so much better to have something after the 3Sth than an abrupt ending with it. The costume is pretty too. Can't wait the great showdown in GPF! This is going to be very exciting!

btw, execution should not be 10 when a team made mistakes. But I'm used to S/S getting high PCS with multiple mistakes, so not too suprised when they skated relatively clean:) although that's ridiculous.

Last edited:

moon119

Spectator
Just watched S/S's lp on youtube, is it just me or they were skating really slow? I remember people were criticizing S/Z's lp were slow, to me, S/Z were much faster than this.

SusieH

On the Ice
Just saw S/S's new LP. Loved it. absolutely loved it! :love: My eyes were literary hooked on the screen. Definitely a winning program for them. I love S/Z too and enojyed their long program a lot, but I think S/S's LP program has more of the "it" factor. I'm in a dilemma now. Who should I cheer for? :think: Anyway, that's a happy dilemma, I should say. The GPF and the Olympics are gonna be exciting!

Never think it would happen, but I'm genuinely more excited about the pairs event than the ladies event at this moment. All thanks to S/Z and S/S (and to a lesser degree, other awesome-looking teams)!

ETA: Love that S/S have a throw jump planned almost at the end of the program. They did it with last year's LP too. That should be difficult to carry out. Good for them!

Last edited:

gold12345

Medalist
It's so much better to have something after the 3Sth than an abrupt ending with it.

btw, execution should not be 10 when a team made mistakes. But I'm used to S/S getting high PCS with multiple mistakes, so not too suprised when they skated relatively clean:) although that's ridiculous.

I agree on both points!

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
Thus far, I've only seen S/S and M/T's LPs.

I am so glad M/T were able to keep their composure despite the wardrobe problem!:yes: The crowd was really supportive. It's great that they are having such a good season! They really ought to get rid of whoever does their costumes. This is the second time in the past two years they had to disrupt their freeskate to fix wardrobe problems.

S/S: Overall, the choreography was pretty much the same as 'You'll never walk alone'. The new music and costumes really made the program better though. It is great to see a clean skate from them.

Hopefully more videos will be uploaded on Youtube and I'll get to see how the other pairs did. I was thrilled to hear that L/H performed so well! They have always been my favourite Canadian pairs team. Annabelle has so much spark and watching them skate always makes me happy!:agree: