Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Pairs LP Saturday, November 21, 13:30 Eastern Time

I've finally enjoyed a D/D LP straight through! Totally channelling Jamie and David in that program, but still!

Custom Title
    Watching Dube and Davison, I'm always really frightened for them. The size differential causes their lifts to be extremely precarious. If they are even slightly out of alignment I can imagine disaster.

Their lifts while they cover a lot of ice- Davison's feet always seem to be working so hard to keep balanced- they flick up in a scary way that always makes me feel that he's about to lose his footing. And that throw triple twist lift the force of her coming down and his slight build that looks like he would not be able to absorb her impact if she didn't land exactly so.

But yet they seem to get through ok- but I don't feel confident watching them skate.

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    109.03....I don't think that's enough to win the tie breaker for the GPF if they finish third
    You're right; magic number's 116+. Unless M/T or S/S bomb (I hope it doesn't happen; I've had enough bad skate for today), they're out.

Custom Title
    Costume problem for M/T, called by ref. 3 minutes to fix. Pants strap was loose.

Ah, crap. Costume malfuction, his pants strap came off. Program stopped. 2 point deduction.

Custom Title
    D&D - much better than at TEB for me, lots more conviction and attack. Obviously some glitches but there was an "overall" flow instead of that in and out thing they do.

I usually feel secure with Bryce in lifts, although Jessica can come down heavy. She also came out of a ds heavily (setting her free foot down heavily) in the lp at TEB. Not this time. Her flow from the exit of an element or sequence into the beginning of the next was so much better here IMO. Something happened with the back half of the final spin - don't know what but I was like - okay, what happened there? Bryce seemed to be mentioning it in KissNCry but I couldn't get what he was saying.

only in skating does one see that [costume malfunction] cause everything to stop lol

Quote Originally Posted by missysays View Post
    Watching Dube and Davison, I'm always really frightened for them. The size differential causes their lifts to be extremely precarious. If they are even slightly out of alignment I can imagine disaster.

Their lifts while they cover a lot of ice- Davison's feet always seem to be working so hard to keep balanced- they flick up in a scary way that always makes me feel that he's about to lose his footing. And that throw triple twist lift the force of her coming down and his slight build that looks like he would not be able to absorb her impact if she didn't land exactly so.
    You are talking as if she is like 50 pounds overweight for crying out loud!! She is 5'2 and at most 110 pounds. He is 5'10.

That was the best triple twist I have seem them do. The also have some of the best lifts in the world, and Bryce is known for his great footwork, FYI.

M/T were very good! They could have self destroyed (as they usually did) in the end, but didn't. Two clean FS in a row. They just might be becoming contenders...
    Last edited by beep_beep; 11-21-2009 at 02:43 PM. Reason: bad grammar

Got Radio Canada to work on FF the second try. I'm not loving M/T's program and the Love Story-Cinema Paradiso-Love Story mix was jarring. The pair spin seemed to go on forever. They can do better than this.

Couldn't Skate Canada have sprung for another chair in the K&C?

Custom Title
    I think had it been singles, they would've let it go. Anyway, mostly clean skate that should easily surpass D/D (the deduction should be counteracted by the "wow" factor of overcoming pause). D/D were cleaner here than at TEB, but the mistakes here were more costly (the singling of the axel, for example). It's worth mentioning that D/D's TES are behind the other two Canadian teams.

119.91 for M/T

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Warm-Up Group 2

5 Anabelle LANGLOIS / Cody HAY CAN 4 55.52

LP Grand Canyon Suite
    Good speed.
    Two footed landing on 3S and 3t2t
    Two footed 3flip throw
    3S throw good
    Start of spin on second foot off, regrouped
    Strong lifts
    Lots of features on death spiral to end
    This has the promise of a very good program.

Score 104.43 into 1st

6 Jessica DUBE / Bryce DAVISON CAN 3 57.90
    LP The way we were

Stunning looking people in amazingly boring mushroom colored costumes, hers with a cowl neckline skating to treacle.
    Triple twist crashy
    2A + 2A seq. Off, and did he single one of them. Yes on replay.
    3S she has 2 hands down, he stumbles
    Spins OK
    3 flip throw OK
    3 loop throw 2 hands down
    Not a great outing
    Skated with power, though

Score: 109.03

7 Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maxim TRANKOV RUS 2 65.80

LP Love Story
    More treacle.
    Pink and gray this time. And she has on opaque white tights And his pants are way baggy double

Great triple twist
    nice 2a's
    nice 3toe 2toe combos
    good lift! Pretty air position.

His pant strap broke 3 minutes to repair
    They restart
    spiral OK a little slow
    Both throws good-3S landing pitches a bit onto the toe, but she stands it
    Spins off
    Very neat pair spin variation entry
    2 lifts late in the program for the bonus

Score 119.91 into 1st

Custom Title
    Dube/Davison were held up by PCS (surprise, surprise). I would have put them behind L/H. Shame about the stop for M/T but it didnt affect them much which says a lot about how they've progressed in terms of dealing with competition nerves. Yay for them.

ON a shallow note, how much will it cost for the hosts to buy 2 more chairs for the coach to sit with their pupils at the kiss & cry ???

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Couldn't Skate Canada have sprung for another chair in the K&C?
    You'd think so, with HomeSense as a sponsor, wouldn't you?

Medalist
    Wow Excellent!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast