Pairs LP Saturday, November 21, 13:30 Eastern Time | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Pairs LP Saturday, November 21, 13:30 Eastern Time

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
they skated very well, and to think the program is only 5 weeks old gives a lot of hope.

How do you know that. I mean, they could have trained two programmes all the off season. Just curious?

I like this programme though. A bit to romantic music for me, but it suits them and the performance is :love:

life684

Final Flight
Protocols are up. Serious wackiness in S/S's PCS, esp. in the LP. Someone gave them a 10 on P&E. I really liked it, but a ten? :unsure:

with he singling the axel, or did both of them do single axel. Got 10.0 wasn't required, they could have saved it for the Olympics :).

Anyways that 10 was discarded as it was the highest score.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I suppose there will be a 2A at some point - I find it funny, that they both singled the Axel, at least it looked in synch and didn't result in negative GOE.

The 10 is a bit wacky though, the same judge also gave them 9.75s.

I love it that they killed some of those standard transitions, like "grab your leg before the death spiral" - everyone is doing those these days, I loved S/S transition into the death spiral here (not the death spiral though).

skfan

Final Flight
S&S have never been so super wow before.

I still find Pairs,in general, somewhat too acrobatic for my taste, but given what is presented, there are only two teams to acknowledge as the finest this year, and ready to take on the Olys. I will not be upset at the judge's decision for either team.

as long as they actually skate to their potential in the olys. otherwise...

anyway, i wonder which two pairs you mean--shen zhao and S&S, perhaps? to me M&T deserve to be in the discussion, and other pairs too might take advantage of the favorites' errors.

life684

Final Flight
How do you know that. I mean, they could have trained two programmes all the off season. Just curious?

I like this programme though. A bit to romantic music for me, but it suits them and the performance is :love:

if they did train two programs taht could explain was the LP at TEB was such a mess.;)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
D/D's final spin didn't count. Even if they got level four with the highest marks of the competition (on that elemetn), the gap would've been too large for them to make-up for the GPF.

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
thank you for putting into words--that something special about robin (aside from his good looks :biggrin: and aliona too of course. takes two to make a pair.

:) the other thing Robin projects is intelligence - I don't know what that has to do with the skating, exactly, but Grinkov had it as well, and it contributes to the sense of calm assurance on the ice. There's also a lovely harmony between the two of them - they're not angsting it up or soaping it up, but there's a very nice "goes without saying" element to their work together.

life684

Final Flight
A 10 from one judge and a 7.75 from another. oh, the subjectivity of figure skating!

D/D got 7.00 from the same judge for execution/performance, 7.00 for Lagois and Hay, interestingly only 5.75 for M/T

oleada

Record Breaker
D/D got 7.00 from the same judge for execution/performance, 7.00 for Lagois and Hay, interestingly only 5.75 for M/T

It wasn't the same judge who gave S/S the 10, but the judge you mention also gave Moore-Towers and Moskovich higher PCS scores than Mukhortova/Trankov. Gee, I wonder where that judge is from.

skfan

Final Flight
:) the other thing Robin projects is intelligence - I don't know what that has to do with the skating, exactly, but Grinkov had it as well, and it contributes to the sense of calm assurance on the ice. There's also a lovely harmony between the two of them - they're not angsting it up or soaping it up, but there's a very nice "goes without saying" element to their work together.

you're right. i'm sitting here with a big grin, i'm in the glow of a new love :p by that i mean S&S, not robin by himself ;)

no matter what the judges do in the ladies, men, dance i won't get in a snit now. i've got my love to keep me warm. :laugh:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
It wasn't the same judge who gave S/S the 10, but the judge you mention also gave Moore-Towers and Moskovich higher PCS scores than Mukhortova/Trankov. Gee, I wonder where that judge is from.

The Republic of Antarctica, clearly. Those scores are actually hilarious, though. Funny seeing that judge give Denney/Barret higher scores than Mt/M though. Doesn't make sense.

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
you're right. i'm sitting here with a big grin, i'm in the glow of a new love :p by that i mean S&S, not robin by himself ;)

no matter what the judges do in the ladies, men, dance i won't get in a snit now. i've got my love to keep me warm. :laugh:

I'm sitting here like a married or engaged person who is suddenly wildly infatuated with the wrong person.

S&Z fan, I am. But S&S in this comp were just beautiful. What am I going to do?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker

Are you challenging them to prove you wrong :D?

skfan

Final Flight
Are you challenging them to prove you wrong :D?

no!!!! don't quote me! what if i want to go back and delete my stupid rambling in the heat of the moment? :cool:

yeah, i suspected i was asking for trouble, saying that... if i do go back on my word and get in a snit, i'll post my snit on YNKF or MKF, other places where i spew my venom :rofl:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Let me know and I will disavow any knowledge. I'm like the CIA that way. All knowledge of wrong doing erased. Just call me the ISU.

.... okay, sorry, I had to get that dig in there. Even if it was cheap and poorly written.

life684

Final Flight
No i was rather thinking about the judge who gave them 7.75 for performance execution to S/S.
interesting so many errors are summing up mostly to give the wright placement (mostly), but their can be exceptions like lepisto.

skfan

Final Flight
I'm sitting here like a married or engaged person who is suddenly wildly infatuated with the wrong person.

S&Z fan, I am. But S&S in this comp were just beautiful. What am I going to do?

i know! i was all for shen/zhao until now.

ummm.... i think you just hope that both pairs skate their best and have no regrets about having put it all out there? and maybe if they both skate their best, there is a clear difference between them and you won't get mad if the judges don't make their decisions controversial?

anyway, i was not engaged. i'm just... checking out photos on e-harmony. i can fanwhore as many pairs as i like :rofl: