Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Pairs LP Saturday, November 21, 13:30 Eastern Time

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    A 10 from one judge and a 7.75 from another. oh, the subjectivity of figure skating!

D/D got 7.00 from the same judge for execution/performance, 7.00 for Lagois and Hay, interestingly only 5.75 for M/T

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    D/D got 7.00 from the same judge for execution/performance, 7.00 for Lagois and Hay, interestingly only 5.75 for M/T
    It wasn't the same judge who gave S/S the 10, but the judge you mention also gave Moore-Towers and Moskovich higher PCS scores than Mukhortova/Trankov. Gee, I wonder where that judge is from.

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by nevergonnadance View Post
    the other thing Robin projects is intelligence - I don't know what that has to do with the skating, exactly, but Grinkov had it as well, and it contributes to the sense of calm assurance on the ice. There's also a lovely harmony between the two of them - they're not angsting it up or soaping it up, but there's a very nice "goes without saying" element to their work together.
    you're right. i'm sitting here with a big grin, i'm in the glow of a new love by that i mean S&S, not robin by himself

no matter what the judges do in the ladies, men, dance i won't get in a snit now. i've got my love to keep me warm.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    It wasn't the same judge who gave S/S the 10, but the judge you mention also gave Moore-Towers and Moskovich higher PCS scores than Mukhortova/Trankov. Gee, I wonder where that judge is from.
    The Republic of Antarctica, clearly. Those scores are actually hilarious, though. Funny seeing that judge give Denney/Barret higher scores than Mt/M though. Doesn't make sense.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post
    you're right. i'm sitting here with a big grin, i'm in the glow of a new love by that i mean S&S, not robin by himself

no matter what the judges do in the ladies, men, dance i won't get in a snit now. i've got my love to keep me warm.
    I'm sitting here like a married or engaged person who is suddenly wildly infatuated with the wrong person.

S&Z fan, I am. But S&S in this comp were just beautiful. What am I going to do?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post

Are you challenging them to prove you wrong :D?

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Are you challenging them to prove you wrong :D?
    no!!!! don't quote me! what if i want to go back and delete my stupid rambling in the heat of the moment?

yeah, i suspected i was asking for trouble, saying that... if i do go back on my word and get in a snit, i'll post my snit on YNKF or MKF, other places where i spew my venom

Custom Title
    Let me know and I will disavow any knowledge. I'm like the CIA that way. All knowledge of wrong doing erased. Just call me the ISU.

.... okay, sorry, I had to get that dig in there. Even if it was cheap and poorly written.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    No i was rather thinking about the judge who gave them 7.75 for performance execution to S/S.
    interesting so many errors are summing up mostly to give the wright placement (mostly), but their can be exceptions like lepisto.

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by nevergonnadance View Post
    I'm sitting here like a married or engaged person who is suddenly wildly infatuated with the wrong person.

S&Z fan, I am. But S&S in this comp were just beautiful. What am I going to do?
    i know! i was all for shen/zhao until now.

ummm.... i think you just hope that both pairs skate their best and have no regrets about having put it all out there? and maybe if they both skate their best, there is a clear difference between them and you won't get mad if the judges don't make their decisions controversial?

anyway, i was not engaged. i'm just... checking out photos on e-harmony. i can fanwhore as many pairs as i like

Congrats to the medalists.

Aliona/Robin - their FP was breathtaking and I love their Out of Africa Music.
    IMO This program connects them in a way their other programs did not, they were awesome.

Maria and Max- If they continue to skate like they did today they will be on the podium in Vancouver. Just beautiful skating today from them.

I was pleased with the way Caydee and Jeremy skated.

Custom Title
    Is this the first time a 10 has been given out? (in any discipline)

Pairs is shaping up to be an awsome event.
    GPF can't come soon enough...

Quote Originally Posted by beep_beep View Post
    Pairs is shaping up to be an awsome event.
    GPF can't come soon enough...
    It really is. I mean, we have been complaining for such a long time about bad quality among the pairs - but just look at them now! There are S/Z and S/S. P/T and M/T had a super season so far. K/S didn't look bad either. This time all the couples at the GPF could basically win the GPF, of course only if S/Z and S/S have an off day.

Quote Originally Posted by amateur View Post
    Is this the first time a 10 has been given out? (in any discipline)
    possibly for CoP judging... but certainly not in skating...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast