Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Thread: Ladies Free Program 19:00 pm Eastern Time Saturday, November 21

Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    why on Earth would you predict that?

Why? the same as R.D.'s reason. How often has she ever delivered two *nearly* clean programs, esp. under pressures?

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Why? the same as R.D.'s reason. How often has she ever delivered two *nearly* clean programs, esp. under pressures?
    Sigh. I was trying to be ironic. :sheesh:

Custom Title
    Yeah, I mean I think the last time Alissa delivered two very good programs was at Skate Canada in 2005.....as much as I like her spins and spirals, it seems like her skating keeps getting slower, which makes her programs kind of boring. From what I can tell she does not skate that much faster than Caroline...If she delivers 2 good programs at Nats, then sure she should go as she'd have earned it. I don't want to see her do a repeat of last year though and do a 3 triple long program to win the title, as I don't think that's really fair given her speed and the height of her jumps, unless of course everyone else does worse. Rachael got 5th at worlds and those weren't even great performances for her. If it were to be Alissa and Mirai to go to worlds my fear is that they would finish poorly and fail to give the US that third spot again, but this is all speculation. Rachael and Ashley is a safer bet, although a Mirai or Alissa at the top of their game could do better. I'd personally pick Mirai over Alissa at this point though, unless Mirai's jumping regresses between now and nationals. I understand if people think Alissa's a better bet though

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Yeah, I mean I think the last time Alissa delivered two very good programs was at Skate Canada in 2005.....as much as I like her spins and spirals, it seems like her skating keeps getting slower, which makes her programs kind of boring. From what I can tell she does not skate that much faster than Caroline...If she delivers 2 good programs at Nats, then sure she should go as she'd have earned it. I don't want to see her do a repeat of last year though and do a 3 triple long program to win the title, as I don't think that's really fair given her speed and the height of her jumps, unless of course everyone else does worse. Rachael got 5th at worlds and those weren't even great performances for her. If it were to be Alissa and Mirai to go to worlds my fear is that they would finish poorly and fail to give the US that third spot again, but this is all speculation. Rachael and Ashley is a safer bet, although a Mirai or Alissa at the top of their game could do better. I'd personally pick Mirai over Alissa at this point though, unless Mirai's jumping regresses between now and nationals. I understand if people think Alissa's a better bet though
    If you don't mind, I'm trying to be in denial about this.
    Last edited by Layfan; 11-24-2009 at 01:49 PM.

Custom Title
    Yeah....on the upside she's prettier than ever and still has amazing flexibility, lines, spirals, spins, and expression. Plus she seems really sweet. That's a whole lot going for her , however it just might not transfer over to her potential olympics performances. There's still hope though, she's one of the best the US has right now

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39