Ladies Free Program 19:00 pm Eastern Time Saturday, November 21 | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Ladies Free Program 19:00 pm Eastern Time Saturday, November 21

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Congratulation!
She got the highest PCS 62.88 in her figure skating history.
I mean she played the best LP.
I really appreciate Joannie ROCHETTE for watching her BEST LP.

Heh

The standings
1. Kim (30)
2. Ando (30)
3. Rochette (26)
4. Leonova (24)
5. Wagner (24)
6. Suzuki (22)
---
7. Flatt (22)
8. Czisny (22)
9. Asada (20)

janetfan

Match Penalty
Thanks for the protocals. I think both Joannie and Laura have very good jumps, on the right edge. I enjoyed Joannie's performance dispite the mistakes. Alissa didn't let her mistakes affect her too much. Mirai was quite good but i agree, she skates like she is thinking all about the jumps and does not interprite the music.

I wonder if Mirai was told to not worry about performing tonight - and was told to rotate her jumps.

She is typically much more animated than she was tonight

Oh, rats...Alissa in fourth.

Lepisto gets silver? Hope I get the chance to see her performance.

And Mirai held up. But poor Caroline.

krenseby

Final Flight
Oh, rats...Alissa in fourth.

Lepisto gets silver? Hope I get the chance to see her performance.

And Mirai held up. But poor Caroline.

Hehe, Caroline can now officially be inducted into the club of B-skaters. She is no longer a contender for the U.S. podium and may not even make top 5 at U.S. Nationals.

However, congratulations to both Mirai and Alissa. Mirai now has a real shot of winning the U.S. Nationals and going to Vancouver and Alissa might join her there as a silver medalist if she can somehow beat Wagner. The chances of her doing that are not that great, but heck at least she has a shot.

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
I wonder if Mirai was told to not worry about performing tonight - and was told to rotate her jumps.

The music is wrong for Mirai. Yes, I get that she is going for a mature direction but at 16, Carmen is not the right piece of music. For Christ' sake, she's still just a young lady. The music from Raymonda would have been more appropriate.

bmcc102

Rinkside
You need to stop spouting off mis-information, please.

Tara had wonderful rotation in her jumps. Nothing she did at 1998 Olympics would have been downgraded.

Thank you. It's complete crap when people claim Tara underrotated, when the truth is the opposite. A flutz and a small axel don't equal underrotation.

...And Tara's hardly the first or last skater to have edge changing issues on a triple jump, as we've seen at every single competition this season and the last two.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Originally Posted by janetfan

This sounds plausible. As I remember, Mirai looked quite crashed by all the UR marks on her jumps at CoC after what looked like a clearn, strong program she had skated.

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
Heh? :scratch:

I do hope the poster you're quoting meant best LP in terms of composition. If so, yes, I do agree. Samson and Delilah is probably the best LP that Joannie has had; though Firebird and Aranjuez would also contend. If she's talking about performance, no, not at all.

cornell08

Final Flight
Thank you. It's complete crap when people claim Tara underrotated, when the truth is the opposite. A flutz and a small axel don't equal underrotation.

...And Tara's hardly the first or last skater to have edge changing issues on a triple jump, as we've seen at every single competition this season and the last two.

Did you not watch her Nagano freeskate? =/

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Hehe, Caroline can now officially be inducted into the club of B-skaters. She is no longer a contender for the U.S. podium and may not even make top 5 at U.S. Nationals.

I don't think that is funny at all.

cornell08

Final Flight
This sounds plausible. As I remember, Mirai looked quite crashed by all the UR marks on her jumps at CoC after what looked like a clearn, strong program she had skated.

....she fell once and had shaky-UR jumps on most jumping passes.

beep_beep

Medalist
I do hope the poster you're quoting meant best LP in terms of composition. If so, yes, I do agree. Samson and Delilah is probably the best LP that Joannie has had; though Firebird and Aranjuez would also contend. If she's talking about performance, no, not at all.
You said it very well.