Ladies Free Program 19:00 pm Eastern Time Saturday, November 21 | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Ladies Free Program 19:00 pm Eastern Time Saturday, November 21

bmcc102

Rinkside
She was a pre-rotater.

Tara's lutz and flip were not even slightly prerotated. Watch any of them in slow motion-- her toe pick was so straight into the ice, it was perfect rotation. (Compare these jumps to Michelle's and you'll be surprised that Tara got much more rotation in the air.)

As for the loop, salchow, and toe loop, she prerotated no more than any other skater on these jumps; those jumps have prerotation no matter what, to some degree. If you are referring to her her "toe axel," she corrected this issue before the 96-97 season.

beep_beep

Medalist
Tara's lutz and flip were not even slightly prerotated. Watch any of them in slow motion-- her toe pick was so straight into the ice, it was perfect rotation. (Compare these jumps to Michelle's and you'll be surprised that Tara got much more rotation in the air.)

As for the loop, salchow, and toe loop, she prerotated no more than any other skater on these jumps; those jumps have prerotation no matter what, to some degree. If you are referring to her her "toe axel," she corrected this issue before the 96-97 season.
Ok, back to the 21st century, Skate Canada 2009

Kissx3

Final Flight
Alissa gets great PCs. The judges want to reward her but she needs to nail those triples.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Joannie Rochette

3Lz-2T-2Lo - bit slow but landed
3F - stepout
3Lo - hand down
FSSp
SpSq
2Lz
3T + 3S seq - nice
2A-2T
CCoSp
2S
CiSt
FSSp

Not her best but enough for gold...

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Joannie is going to win but she's not going to score more than 200. No meltdown, though. I say 118.

I like Joannie but I don't like the idea of her winning with all those doubled jumps and stumbles.

But then Alissa with her two falls?

This is not a good choice.

Well, congrats to Mirai on her medal!!!

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
Yes, Joannie brought the bun back! :rock:

Rough start so far. 2A-2t is a good change but she needs to change her 3t-half-3sal to a salchow-toe combo. She's not getting anything for it!

bmcc102

Rinkside
Ok, back to the 21st century, Skate Canada 2009

I agree, but it just burns my butt when people make ignorant comments.

This comp. has been very disappointing, both in skating performances and judging.

Methinks it's time to OVERHAUL COP for ladies skating.

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
I agree, but it just burns my butt when people make ignorant comments.

This comp. has been very disappointing, both in skating performances and judging.

Methinks it's time to OVERHAUL COP for ladies skating.

You want CoP overhauled only for ladies?