Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies Free Program 19:00 pm Eastern Time Saturday, November 21

Custom Title
    wow, not the best night in ladies skating. Mirai should have been in third..... I think Mirai deserved to win the FP personally, she was the only one who didn't fall or double most of her jumps. This is almost sad. I think Laura beat Mirai just because she's pretty....same reason Kiira Korpi got silver in China. This is NOT a beauty pageant people!

Quote Originally Posted by yelyoh View Post
    mirai got the best tech score anyway. laura was lucky to land on the podium. in both skates her pcs were inflated.
    I thought Joannie won, Mirai was second and Alissa third

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by dgel View Post
    Hmm - pot, kettle, black?

Okay. CoP is perfect. Happy now?

Custom Title
    Zhang has a lot of work to do, She gained quite some weight and height too, that certainly causes her a lot of trouble on the jumps.
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    If this event told us anything [re. US Nats], though, it's that Czisny is still on the map. Telling that she had one of her usual performances and still got triple digits is something Nagasu, Zhang and Wagner should be very concerned about...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I thought Joannie won, Mirai was second and Alissa third
    That would be just the FS alone.

Protocol is out?

Jjoannie seemed more expressive in this performance. Shame she was not on the jumps tonight but her presentation was wonderful. Hope she skates better at olympics when she won't be the clear favourite. I missed the first group of skaters. Shame Cynthia fell apart , heartbreaking for her. She will have to be better if she hopes to make the olympic team. Love her when she is on.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestMoon View Post
    That would be just the FS alone.
    yes, I did mean just tonight

Custom Title
    Mirai is skating to Carmen and she looks as though any music could be playing in the background. She has alot more musicality then this program shows.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Mirai got the highest TES!!!
    (Why so low PCS?)
    Mirai never really let go in this program. As an audience member, I got the feeling that she was only thinking about the technical stuff. She never really smiled the whole program; she didn't look into the music at all.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ANW View Post
    Zhang has a lot of work to do, She gained quite some weight and height too, that certainly causes her a lot of trouble on the jumps.
    Weight and height is the least of Zhang's problems. It certainly highlighted her poor skating skills and URs. If she had the skills down cold first, getting through her growth spurt was be less troublesome.

Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    Jjoannie seemed more expressive in this performance. Shame she was not on the jumps tonight but her presentation was wonderful. Hope she skates better at olympics when she won't be the clear favourite. I missed the first group of skaters. Shame Cynthia fell apart , heartbreaking for her. She will have to be better if she hopes to make the olympic team. Love her when she is on.
    sometimes blank triples are atleast equal to expressive doubles. More CoP unreliabilty.
    boo

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    You know what I meant. If she skates like that in Vancouver she won't medal. Joannie was expressive and good to watch - but she made as many mistakes as Mirai
    Heh. Her combined score is the season's third highest. And the top two are both Kim. Maybe they should just not award silver and bronze?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    If this event told us anything [re. US Nats], though, it's that Czisny is still on the map. Telling that she had one of her usual performances and still got triple digits is something Nagasu, Zhang and Wagner should be very concerned about...
    Yeah, I think after this we can say Caroline is out. Mirai and Ashley have a shot, but I think it will be Rachael and Alissa. Also I think it's a blessing in disguise that Alissa didn't win here and go to the GPF, all that pressure before the Olympics will not help here peak at nationals, plus if she went and placed near the bottom that would not help her confidence. We'll see how Ashley does at GPF, but I think at this point Rachael and Alissa have the edge over her

Quote Originally Posted by nevergonnadance View Post
    You want CoP overhauled only for ladies?
    Yeah, I think so. Ladies figure skating is on its way down the toilet. I don't know if the CoP is specifically to blame, but we can't go on like this.

The CoP does seem to be working OK for the men, though. Mainly because they are capable of fully rotating their jumps.

Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast