Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies Free Program 19:00 pm Eastern Time Saturday, November 21

Down With It
    i like laura. i find her more alluring than kira korpi as eye candy. in terms of jump technique and posture, as a skater, also.
    Kiira is nice eye candy but it just DOES NOT translate to the ice. I find her a rather bleh performer actually. She doesn't have enough on-ice personality IMHO or any standout moves or style. Just looks.

As for Laura, it was just that one program (the freeskate) that made me take notice. I mean, I've seen her before and I never really cared much for her. Or, maybe it was because everyone else before her was so BOOORING!!

poykio is the 3rd prettiest and so doesn't stand a chance to make the finnish oly team, since so far it's been a beauty pageant, though she should receive extra points for her very tasteful short program dress
    I watched Susanna at SA and she was completely BLEH. Easily the least engaging as far as the Finnish women are concerned. Then again, she was really off that night.

so glad i didn't skip my dinner date to watch the ladiezzzzzz.
    yeah, you didn't miss much. I usually despise the moniker "ladiezzzz" (they're the most watchable and exciting discipline to me by a MILE) but in the case of tonight, until Lepisto it was quite accurate. At least Nagasu saved the night (for me) Alyssa did fine too.

Custom Title
    And in terms of Proud to be Canadian Score, I think one could also make the argument of Prettiness Compensation Score to justify Kiira Korpi and Laura Lepisto's podium finishes this GP season

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    And in terms of Proud to be Canadian Score, I think one could also make the argument of Prettiness Compensation Score to justify Kiira Korpi and Laura Lepisto's podium finishes this GP season
    probably. Particularly in Kiira's case...not sure why Lepisto got 102 though. She made too many mistakes
    Last edited by R.D.; 11-22-2009 at 12:00 AM.

Custom Title
    ^^ that's all I'm saying. She is very pretty though, but she should grow out her eyebrows and maybe eat some more...I was afraid she was going to break when she fell. Kiira is even prettier than her though so I wonder who will get to go to the olympics . Does finland have one spot or two? I think the judges just get REALLY excited when the European ladies stay on their feet, because often time they don't, and go crazy with the scores. heh

Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post
    1 more lepisto fan. about time you noticed the bewitching laura

i like laura. i find her more alluring than kira korpi as eye candy. in terms of jump technique and posture, as a skater, also. poykio is the 3rd prettiest and so doesn't stand a chance to make the finnish oly team, since so far it's been a beauty pageant, though she should receive extra points for her very tasteful short program dress

so glad i didn't skip my dinner date to watch the ladiezzzzzz.
    Physical beauty has nothing to do with placement but beauty on the ice such as line, carrige, speed etc.Does not sound very nice to remark that Pöyko is third prettiest.

Joannie was in a class by herself even with the mistakes, so mature and expressive, such difficult choreography. Yu Na, Mikki, and Mao Asada, are such strong skaters so Joannie will have to perhaps hold back the expression just a little and focus on the jumps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEpXfugukE

Backstage after comp. with Mirai and Caroline and short interview of Mira with David P.

take off the oven mitts
    hey i used the for the post remarking poykio is the 3rd prettiest--so i wasn't being 100% serious. just making fun of the judging and its propensity to hold up pretty european women, a trend you'd find difficult to dispute.

anyway, i disagree kira is prettier than laura--once you see them in motion, laura wins by a mile. and R.D. you should check out laura on youtube at the japan open. that's when i first noticed her.

the judging is a joke, but i won't make a snit because i'm experiencing S/S 'out of africa' afterglow at the moment.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    I wonder if that won't come with age though. She's still 16 right?
    I never understand this line of thinking. It's like saying a 10 year old kid has time to become an artist. Not all kids are ever going to be artistic. Not all skaters are ever going to be subtle and sophisticated.

Which is not to say it can't happen. If Rachael already has the seeds of an artist, then yeah, she has time to develop. I did see those seeds in her two years ago, but not now. Where did they go? Maybe with all her schoolwork she doesn't have time to focus on presentation on top of making sure she masters the technical part.

hey i used the for the post remarking poykio is the 3rd prettiest--so i wasn't being 100% serious. just making fun of the judging and its propensity to hold up pretty european women, a trend you'd find difficult to dispute.

anyway, i disagree kira is prettier than laura--once you see them in motion, laura wins by a mile. and R.D. you should check out laura on youtube at the japan open. that's when i first noticed her.

the judging is a joke, but i won't make a snit because i'm experiencing S/S 'out of africa' afterglow at the moment.
    That's ok. Yes in motion Laura does look the nicest skater out of the Finnish. I still prefer Joannie's skating though.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEpXfugukE

Backstage after comp. with Mirai and Caroline and short interview of Mira with David P.
    still something about caroline that i love is when she talks, i dont know why but the way she expains everything is funny for me

hope with this competition she understand she has a lot of work to do

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    I didn't get to see this one live ... but sounds like it was disappointing all around. Glad Alissa hung onto to silver but it's still a disappointment. Sounds like she could have won, if she had just skated her best. What needs to happen for to her to finally do that???
    So, I take it she didn't qualify for the final? Still, she's entering Nationals on a relative high note. Hate to say it but maybe it's a good thing she is not going to finals _ at least she doesn't have a chance to bomb before nationals.
    Mirai ... people's posts are confirming that Carmen is TOTALLY wrong for her. So frustrating!! But I'll have to see her program before I say anything else.

Feel so sorry for Caroline ...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by koongpa View Post
    People who say it's CoP being the evil of this sport should realize national favoritism is the bigger enemy. Lacoste and Phaneuf did not deserve higher PCS than Mirai.
    Couldn't agree more.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Akiko was so screwed over. Thank GOD she is going to the GPF at least.

Hopefully in the setting of the GPF, where there is no first group and second group, she will be given more credit.

Down With It
    anyway, i disagree kira is prettier than laura--once you see them in motion, laura wins by a mile.
    Beauty is subjective, I'll leave it at that.

IMHO, Kiira wins the off-ice looks contest...but Laura is the better skater.

YMMV.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscariot View Post
    still something about caroline that i love is when she talks, i dont know why but the way she expains everything is funny for me

hope with this competition she understand she has a lot of work to do
    Oh my god!! That was so sweet the way Caroline gave Mirai a hug after the whole thing and told her she did well!! Sniff.
    Mirai seems like she is so hard on herself... She struggling to find her herself and her motivation. I just find it very touching and refreshing the way she is so open with the world about her internatl struggles.

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast