Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Practice Reports, Trip Reports, Com Reports, Articles

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

Practice Reports, Trip Reports, Com Reports, Articles

Are you at Skate Canada? Tell us about it

What have you seen? We all want to know!!

Rinkside
    here's a VERY short article on how Akiko Suzuki and Joannie Rochette look in practice:

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/figure-ska...id=rssnews1130

Custom Title
    What a lovely description of both Suzuki and Rochette in that article. If everyone skates well, it should be some impressive competition!

By the way, I just love Akiko's costume. That little schoolgirl shirt over her dress--it's not unglamorous, it's anti-glamorous. She looks as if she just picked up a shirt to throw over her outfit because she was cold. After all the spangles and clingies and whatnot on everyone else's attire, it's a breath of fresh air.

Several words from a friend who watched the men's practice:

Chan looks strong, Takahashi looks shaky, Abbott landed some quads and 3As...

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    V&M weren't at their FD practice, I heard.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I wonder if chan regrets talking big in the early summer about having a quad in Vancouver. With this injury I seriously doubt that he will even be training them come february. After all, like he said he won't need it to win. He will need all his triple Axels however, and that is what he will have to focus on.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I wonder if chan regrets talking big in the early summer about having a quad in Vancouver. With this injury I seriously doubt that he will even be training them come february. After all, like he said he won't need it to win. He will need all his triple Axels however, and that is what he will have to focus on.
    Well, he's apparently back to 100% and in an interview with CBC about a month ago, he stated that his plan is to keep training it and leave it in the program, despite the injury setback:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...-talkscbc.html

btw, here's a clip of him landing his quad in warm-up at Liberty (he fell on it in the competition though):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wru0zU20ZwE

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    What a lovely description of both Suzuki and Rochette in that article. If everyone skates well, it should be some impressive competition!

By the way, I just love Akiko's costume. That little schoolgirl shirt over her dress--it's not unglamorous, it's anti-glamorous. She looks as if she just picked up a shirt to throw over her outfit because she was cold. After all the spangles and clingies and whatnot on everyone else's attire, it's a breath of fresh air.
    ITA about Akiko's costume.

Go, Patrick and Daisuke!!! How about a tie for gold? And go, Donner and Blitzen... oops, I mean Joannie, Alissa, Akiko and Caroline!

I have too many reindeer in this fight.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    ITA about Akiko's costume.

Go, Patrick and Daisuke!!! How about a tie for gold? And go, Donner and Blitzen... oops, I mean Joannie, Alissa, Akiko and Caroline!

I have too many reindeer in this fight.
    >giggle<

I'm with you, Silver. I want 'em all to wow us--Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, the whole bunch. How wide do they make podiums? Can they all fit on the top step?

At least I hope they all do spectacular skates...for their own satisfaction as well as ours.

Custom Title
    There's a Dutch article in one of the main Belgian newspapers stating Kevin is doing really well and has returned to his Pirates of the Caribbean program! Yay! He is coached by Yuri Bureiko.. Did we know that already? Anyway, GO KEVIN!!! I really hope he medals here. That would be such a major upset! *waves the Belgian flag*

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Hmm we don't know. Chan has landed quads, see Liberty warm up. It's a definite posibility that he might land one in Vancouver. We'll see later in the Men's FS.

I do think he needs a quad to win though ... don't forget there's the consistent quad-king Plushy, who could pwn everyone in terms of TES jumps wise. Maybe 3As can get him to the podium, but I don't see him winning without a quad.

Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post
    Hmm we don't know. Chan has landed quads, see Liberty warm up. It's a definite posibility that he might land one in Vancouver. We'll see later in the Men's FS.

I do think he needs a quad to win though ... don't forget there's the consistent quad-king Plushy, who could pwn everyone in terms of TES jumps wise. Maybe 3As can get him to the podium, but I don't see him winning without a quad.
    I feel that Dai and Chan may do better without a quad. Even if they land them in practices, doing it in the comp can be too risky. As a side not, Nobu who's not here may also do fine without a quad, but his consistency may be better than those two skaters and may be too good not to try at the Olympics.

ETA: Dai and Akiko seem to be struggling with the smaller rink size.
    Last edited by Bennett; 11-20-2009 at 09:28 AM.

Rinkside
    I've read in an article that Chan won't try his quad this weekeend cause he didn't have much time to practise it in the last weeks due to his injury. He concentrated his effort on his 3A's.

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    ETA: Dai and Akiko seem to be struggling with the smaller rink size.
    Maybe the smaller rink size will make Caroline seem faster

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCOSurfer View Post
    Maybe the smaller rink size will make Caroline seem faster

That was good..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast