JOUBERT talks about YAGUDIN | Golden Skate

JOUBERT talks about YAGUDIN

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
Thanks for the link to the interview. I can't wait to see this young man reach his full potential. I think this year will be very important for him.

Nan

gracefulswan

On the Ice
he's a talent... but one gripe... he needs to try and distance himself from the yagudin-like style and develop a unique joubert-like one..... he can do it. it's maddening when one skater practically worships another and then tries too hard to emulate him.

one of the things i adore in plush is that he has his own unique style and isn't trying to hide behind anybody's shadow.. as if he needed to anyway

it's not hard to wonder why he prefers yags so much... his style is more modern and he often uses movie soundtracks much like yags did... also both i wouldn't call very classical and traditional. so that's understandable.

curious

Final Flight
Brian's adulation for Yag's style of skating is getting ridiculous not to mention fake. He wants to become as popular as Yags,and of course,wants Yags fans to become Brian's fans,that's what all this worshipping is really about. :D

Germanice

On the Ice
curious said:
Brian's adulation for Yag's style of skating is getting ridiculous not to mention fake. He wants to become as popular as Yags,and of course,wants Yags fans to become Brian's fans,that's what all this worshipping is really about. :D
So you think Yags isn't worth any "real" worship? I disagree! ;)

But seriously, if it's actually Brian's intention to make Yags' fans become his fans he's definetly on a wrong track. I'm a "typical" Yagugin fan, but I prefer skaters with a very own personality and style (like Yags ... and Plush, even though I still have my problems with his choreography). As long I can't say this about Brian, sorry! :(

I've already mentioned this on another board: Only Yagudin skates like Yagudin!

Anke

Interesting that Joubert thought Yagudin's style was more "masculine" than Plushenko's.

Mathman

OK but what is Joubert's definition of 'masculine style'?

I would put Yagudin's style as 'heroic' Plushenko's style as 'playful'; Abt's style as lyrical, and all three as masculine.

For Joubert, I am waiting for a discernible style. Just my take on the topic.

Joe

curious

Final Flight
anke,I 'm not saying yags doesn't deserve adulation just that brian's so called admiration for yag's skating is not real.