Mira Leung ??? | Golden Skate

Mira Leung ???

chania36

On the Ice
I would like to know what is happening with her, did not see her on the Grand prix circuit this year. She was the no.2 in Canada so where is she ???

amateur

Final Flight
Mira only finished 6th at last year's Nationals, and so is not on the National Team (top 5 get that honour), and she didn't have a high enough SB score last year to warrant an invite to the grand prix.

She just recently competed in a BC Regional qualifying competition (someone correct me if that's not what the comp is called) and finished second behind Kathryn Kang, the girl who came in 5th at last year's Nationals ahead of her. 1 more Sectional competition to qualify for Nationals. I have not seen her skate this season, but by reports, breaking back into the top 4-5 at nationals does not seem terribly likely for her (unless it is a compete splatfest, which, hey, has certainly been known to happen...). I'm hoping she makes something of that new SP she had last season though (assuming she's kept it), that one was actually kinda cool.

I think there is another thread on Mira's recent result somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look for it to link to it.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mira did BC Sectionals and finished 2nd to Kathryn Kang, so her next competition should be the Senior Challenge 12/2-6 in Mississauga ON.