results | Golden Skate

results

Amy

Spectator
Michael weiss ousted by Takeshi

to look at the men's results -- click on that link and then click on free skate and they just posted the results.. Takeshi knocked michael weiss from top!!! yay.....i can't stand michael weiss!! haha

Amy

Spectator
sorry to burst your bubble..lol but that's just from last night the short program standings...i'm not sure how it's going to mesh out with takeshi winning the long but that's not the complete results.... ;) i hope michael weiss doesn't win though--but hey it's a personal thing i just think the guy has an ego bigger than he can fit into the door and that is such a turn-off

Amy

Spectator
just look at the date at the bottom of the post and you'll see the results are from last night's short program

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think they didn't update the update thing as it has the FS placements as well as the over all placements

Amy

Spectator
yeah it's confusing...you'd think they'd have quicker and better results postings but as far as i know that one that shows takeshi over michael is the long program results so like i said i don't know how the overall standings will be.. ??

SkateCynic

Rinkside
It's official. Mike wins!!!! :)

Pl. Name Nation Total Score SP FS
1 Michael WEISS USA 206.94 1 2
2 Takeshi HONDA JPN 199.27 4 1
3 Min ZHANG CHN 190.77 2 5
4 Andrejs VLASCENKO GER 188.54 3 4
5 Scott SMITH USA 182.92 7 3
6 Vakhtang MURVANIDZE GEO 173.29 6 6
7 Trifun ZIVANOVIC SCG 170.62 5 8
8 Stanislav TIMCHENKO RUS 161.37 11 7
9 Stefan LINDEMANN GER 160.95 10 10
10 Ivan DINEV BUL 153.86 12 9
11 Sergei DAVYDOV BLR 150.04 8 11
12 Ryan JAHNKE USA 147.49 9 12

Amy

Spectator
i press reload and i still have the results from yesterday..hmm well anyway congrats!!! to Takeshi!! from 4 to 2 That's awesome!!! way to go!!!!

Amy

Spectator
lol yeah i don't think his ego can fit in a big ole hummer he'll have to find something bigger!!! heh

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I prefer to avoid ragging on a competitor based on personal dislike, especially when I don't know them on a personal basis. I am glad to see that Mike won--I like his SKATING very much, although I do wish he'd get a choreographer whose last name is also not Weiss. :D

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
RealtorGal said:
I prefer to avoid ragging on a competitor based on personal dislike

...but the hummer thing was so d$#! funny! I can't help myself ... pull something like that, and I can't seem to take 'em seriously ...

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Congratulations to Mike for his Skate America win!!!

As I already posted on FSU, let´s hope that he and his people will make the needed changes in choreography and his skating, to get his scores on some areas higher next time. Compared to Honda in short programme (and freeskate) Mike was lower in too many areas, in my opinion.

Marjaana

Olderbear

Rinkside
Mike wins Mens...YUCK!

Where is Timothy Goebel when you need him? Mike wins with a sloppy performance and now his head will only get bigger...

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Congratulations, Mike!!!

Olderbear said:
Where is Timothy Goebel when you need him? Mike wins with a sloppy performance and now his head will only get bigger...

A sloppy performance? It was mentioned on FSU that Mike got a standing ovation for his freeskate.

And IF a skater wins with a sloppy performance, it only tells that some other skaters were more sloppy in some part of the competition, LOL. The future will tell how Mike fares in his next GP competition.

Marjaana

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
RGal ITA. Also I find that when I do that it comes back to bite me on the a** in the form my favorite falling or having a poor performance in some way. LOL:D

Piel