Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brian Joubert out of the GPF

Brian Joubert out of the GPF

Or so it would appear based on this (in French, Google translation here); it's a foot injury that might keep him out of French nationals as well. According to the report, it's similar to what happened in 2007 (spiking the blade into his foot). Back then, he won Worlds a few weeks later... hopefully he'll have good results this season, too. Get well soon, Brian!

Tomas Verner was the first alternate, IIRC.

ETA: moderators - the "apparently" should be taken out of the thread title as it's been confirmed by the FFSG.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 11-26-2009 at 06:45 AM.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Sorry to hear that.

Wishing Brian a speedy recovery.

Custom Title
    Oh that is sad, i was hoping for him to have good competition, and win the whole thing. Hopefully he will recover in time for Nationals and Europeans.
    Last edited by life684; 11-26-2009 at 04:36 AM.

Custom Title
    For europeans, sure but for french nats it´s difficult :(
    Poor Brian

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calica View Post
    For europeans, sure but for french nats it´s difficult :(
    Poor Brian
    OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    As happy as I am for Tomas, this is just so so so annoying and unsettling to hear! I am so not happy today..
    Last edited by schiele; 11-26-2009 at 04:39 AM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    oh no, I m really sorry B, honestly. It sucks in Olympic season to get distracted by injuries. That is serious? I was hoping for a grand battle in gpf, without jouby now it will be a quadless final.. But at least now he rests and he comes back for the big competitions!
    Dont be sad B.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    oh no, I m really sorry B, honestly. It sucks in Olympic season to get distracted by injuries. That is serious? I was hoping for a grand battle in gpf, without jouby now it will be a quadless final.. But at least now he rests and he comes back for the big competitions!
    Dont be sad B.
    You're so nice! I'm hoping it'll turn out okay - just like in 2007 except with an Olympic gold!

It won't be quadless, Tomas will do a quad. Please Tomas?

Another withdrawal, darn. Wishing Brian a quick recovery and I hope his injury heals soon and it does not affect his Olympic dreams. On the bright side Tomas will be there. YAY!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    You're so nice! I'm hoping it'll turn out okay - just like in 2007 except with an Olympic gold!

It won't be quadless, Tomas will do a quad. Please Tomas?
    Abbott did a quad to get to the finals, fwiw.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Abbott did a quad to get to the finals, fwiw.
    Yes, and Takahashi also had a quad planned in his Skate Canada LP, but as we know, he tripled it. I'm pretty sure Oda will go for one too in the LP. If anyone goes quadless, I would think it will be Weir and maybe Lysacek too.

Everything I have read about Brian's injury so far sounds really bad. And not in "miss-GPF-bad", more like "going-to-miss-the-Olympics-bad".

This story (Google translation) is somewhat more encouraging than the TV report. Laurent Depouilly explained what happened and said Brian is in better spirits than he was initially.

Brian's surgery is scheduled for about half an hour from now - so send good thoughts his way! I'm holding on to the hope that this will be like in 2007 .

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    ?Medusa?
    They said they will do the surgery today, why is it so bad for him to miss Olympics? In 2007 how much time it took him to come back? I really hope this is not the case and I really mean it, I would feel awful if he missed euros and Olys. These things for a top athlete suck. Is it so serious rehab after? I must have not understood how big is the injury. Maybe they exaggerate in reports so far.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    ?Medusa?
    They said they will do the surgery today, why is it so bad for him to miss Olympics? In 2007 how much time it took him to come back? I really hope this is not the case and I really mean it, I would feel awful if he missed euros and Olys. These things for a top athlete suck. Is it so serious rehab after? I must have not understood how big is the injury. Maybe they exaggerate in reports so far.
    Of course they have to wait how the surgery goes etc. - but to me it sounds really bad, worse than in 2007. I would love to know what tendons are separated. The bone is injured too, how deep must the cut be!? It just sounds bad.

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Oh man .. his injury sounds really terrible!

All the best to Joubert; I hope he recovers quickly! Get well soon!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast