Thread: Ilia Photos from Scott's Show

Tripping on the Podium

Ilia Photos from Scott's Show

Laurie's terrific photos from Scott's show. Totally Ilia-centric (of course with Katia too as they did a duet). There are three pages of photos - links to other pages are at the bottom of the pages.

http://kuliks-krew.com/photos/Clevel...2009%201.shtml

Enjoy!

Nancy

PS Please note that Laurie Asseo's photos are copyrighted; they may not be used publicly or for distribution in any form without her permission. Thanks.

Custom Title Charlotte Elizabeth's Avatar
    Katia looks great! It seems they're enjoying themselves!

Custom Title
    Thanks so much! Between these and the photos posted of Katia, I'm totally able to face the work day.

I was impressed by Kulik as an amateur, of course, and glad he won the OGM, but it wasn't until he turned pro that I really came to love his skating. He's retained his sterling jump technique but has branched out into all sorts of styles and techniques. He's followed the master, Browning, in terms of footwork, and he's learned how to be a generous, dependable partner, which is unusual for a singles skater--lifts on blades ain't easy! He's a splendid presence on the ice--majestic, jazzy, or impassioned as the moment requires--a real danseur noble. And with Katia, what chemistry. That "Casi un Bolero" they did years ago for Stars on Ice remains a landmark example of how skating can be an art and can convey deep emotion. To me, it's right up there with the duet of Gene Kelly and Leslie Caron near the end of An American in Paris.

Here's a link to "Casi":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpDZf82KYhA
    Last edited by Olympia; 12-02-2009 at 11:27 AM.

Custom Title
    Will this event be televised? Ilia and Katia both look fabulous and happy. I guess this will put to rest the rampant rumors regarding the state of their marriage.

I belive Ilia is the only one to do an Arabian Cartwheel in skating today. Of course it is not permitted in FS competitions, but he does it in shows and no one else does them.

My god, he looks like a refugee from " A Clockwork Orange." Change the orange to red and put on some Beethoven!