Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GPF Ladies Analysis Blog Post

On the Ice

GPF Ladies Analysis Blog Post

Here is a blog post that I recently did analyzing the prospects of the six qualifiers in the ladies event for the Grand Prix Final. Enjoy!

http://videoreplayartistry.blogspot....s-preview.html

Rinkside
    Nice article! I enjoyed reading all of your thoughts on the competitors. I didn't know Suzuki had been battling with anorexia. Keep it up!

Custom Title
    I enjoyed reading your analysis, you write very well for a 16-year-old.

Based on the way skaters in the other disciplines seem to be withdrawing from the GPF left, right and centre, do you think any of the current finalists will withdraw?

Custom Title
    That's a really helpful, meticulous analysis. You call attention to important details like extension, jump consistency, interpretive style, and competitive history. I fear you're right about Ashley, though for the sake of American skating, I sure hope you're wrong. I don't see anyone of strength and authority in the American lineup this year...unless Sasha shows up and stays calm. I know that's an unrealistic hope. But when I go onto YouTube and watch Sasha skate at any age, I see a refinement and strength that no one else in the States has, except Alissa when she can stay on her feet.

I do hope Rochette tries her triple-triple here, as you suggest. Of all the women except for Leonova, the stakes are lowest for her here, because she doesn't have to worry that Canada will send someone else instead of her to the Olympics if she doesn't do well. She's easily her country's flagship skater, as Leonova is currently for Russia. So she should take this opportunity to try the jump combo out in competition.

To me, Ando often looks like a deer in the headlights. Whenever I watch her, except for the year she won Worlds, I hear the announcer saying that she's having an off night. So whenever she's doing this fabulous work she's known for, it's rarely while I'm watching. I like her and hope for the best, but there's a fragility about her that always unsettles me. Maybe, as you point out, it's the pressure she's under when she's the Great Hope of Japan.

I love Suzuki: what charm and vivacity! The same is true for Leonova, for many of the same reasons. But for quality and elevated interpretation, my vote's with Kim all the way in this group.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    I enjoyed reading your analysis, you write very well for a 16-year-old.

Based on the way skaters in the other disciplines seem to be withdrawing from the GPF left, right and centre, do you think any of the current finalists will withdraw?
    Thank you. No, I don't think anyone will be withdrawing unless if a true "injury" is to take place. It's an ideal competition for everyone involved. For Kim, she has an opportunity to get her confidence back prior to the Olympics and doesn't have to compete at her country's national championship, so she will have ample time to rest. For Ando and Suzuki, there's an Olympic ticket that could be earned. Leonova has a great opportunity to challenge for a European title and this competition should help her in that endeavor, and Wagner will want to take advantage of being the lone American representative in this field. It's also a nice opportunity for Rochette to try that 3/3.

Custom Title

Great!

Thank you. Great analysis.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LKR View Post
    Here is a blog post that I recently did analyzing the prospects of the six qualifiers in the ladies event for the Grand Prix Final. Enjoy!

very interesting read! I think you were a little harsh on yu-na though

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by berrycute View Post
    very interesting read! I think you were a little harsh on yu-na though
    How so?

Down With It
    I agree with the predictions, although if Suzuki has the so-so performance she had at SC she could move down to 5th, or even 6th if Wagner does the unexpected.

I do hope there are surprises in store and this is not something that could have been determined on paper and the medals sent to the winners by express mail...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LKR View Post

Thank you for such a thoughtful analysis. Very insightful and well written. Hope you are planning on doing this for the other events?

Tripping on the Podium
    I really enjoyed your through analysis.
    Kepp good work.

You know I always like reading your analyses, but I hope, for this time, you're wrong about Ashley because I <3 her skating.
    Other than that, another good post.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by luvsasha View Post
    ... but I hope, for this time, you're wrong about Ashley...
    Same here, same here.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by luvsasha View Post
    You know I always like reading your analyses, but I hope, for this time, you're wrong about Ashley because I <3 her skating.
    Other than that, another good post.
    I hope I'm wrong too!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast