Mid-Season Report: U.S. Ladies, R.D. Style | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Mid-Season Report: U.S. Ladies, R.D. Style

Trewyn

Medalist
If I recall Ashley had an even bigger problem and got dinged on 2A's all season long. I think she would be wise to fix up her 2A problems before worrying so much about 3x3's.

I'm sure that she's fixed that by now. We've seen her do plenty of clean 2A's too; so I'm sure it was a minor problem on the jump. If she consistently lands her 3-3 in the practices leading up to Nats, why shouldn't she do it there? If she can match Rachael Flatt's jump layout she can beat her overall thanks to her PCS (I think... unless Rachael suddenly receives a ton of extra USFSA-darling points).

But Ashley incapability of scoring high in the SP worries me; though it might not be a problem at Nats per se. I don't understand why it's been such a problem this season; she scored a respectable 61+ at NHK last year (with a flutz); I think it's more a problem of not getting the levels and GOE on non-jump elements that's been holding her down.

R.D.

Record Breaker
If I recall Ashley had an even bigger problem and got dinged on 2A's all season long. I think she would be wise to fix up her 2A problems before worrying so much about 3x3's.

But how can we infer from that short tweet that she is "worrying so much about 3x3's"? She just said she was working on them. How do we know she isn't also working on the other stuff (or even spent the majority of her session on them) and didn't say anything about it?

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
How can we infer from that short tweet that she is "worrying so much about 3x3's"? She just said she was working on them. How do we know she isn't also working on the other stuff (or even spent the majority of her session on them) and didn't say anything about it?

ITA. Most skaters practice 3-3s but don't do them in competition - Mirai, Joannie, Alissa, Alena. It's a skill they are working toward and I think if they were in a position where they could win they might try a 3-3 in competition.

silverlake22

Record Breaker

silverlake22

Record Breaker
IIRC, both of the Rocketboom videos were filmed earlier this autumn at the Chicago media summit prior to the start of the GP series.

Oh ok, I wonder if there are Rocketboom videos of Alissa, Caroline and Ashley? Rachael and Mirai had pretty good GP seasons though, even though neither went to the final.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Oh ok, I wonder if there are Rocketboom videos of Alissa, Caroline and Ashley? Rachael and Mirai had pretty good GP seasons though, even though neither went to the final.

I looked and those were the only two I could find. They have some of Olympians in other sports too. Doesn't mean they may not be lurking out there though