Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Practice Reports

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by figurejennah View Post
    I think so... I read that weight gain/loss does affect the jumps and speed.....
    Even Mao/Yuna/Miki gain weight slightly during the off season. (In fact, I remember people calling Yuna "Chubby" during one of her ice shows.... ouch).

And I hate to says this.... to perfectly young and beautiful ladies....
    but Rachael and Ashley should consider losing weight... just a little bit...? cough.
    Did you not see Ashley when she made her debut at 2008 Nationals? She has lost weight since then and is in a lot better shape now.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by nevergonnadance View Post
    It's not Morozov hate, it's using Morozov to validate Yuna's sex appeal. Oh Yuna is so hot that the ladies man who has been with all the hot women of figure skating is staring at Yuna. Bad Morozov.

But really wanting him to be staring at her because Yuna is so so so so hot now. That's what the comments are about - wanting her - or thinking - she's so hot she gets ladies men hot for her...
    Yeah sure. And I don't see it at all...

of course, YMMV.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinga View Post
    Why there is so much Morosov hate here??
    He's brought it on himself. Check this blog:

http://jp.europeonice.com/?eid=385

What's written in English is what Morosov actually said. There were many people at TEB to witness this as it happened in the lobby of the Novotel. Miki herself was there and saw and heard it, too. If you care about your reputation, you shouldn't pick up bar fights at the official competition hotel and you shouldn't show yourself with your female student sitting at a hotel bar at night.

Custom Title
    Seems this thread has wandered off topic a bit. So - to help get it back on track - has anyone seen the men's practice(s)?

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nevergonnadance View Post
    It's not Morozov hate, it's using Morozov to validate Yuna's sex appeal. Oh Yuna is so hot that the ladies man who has been with all the hot women of figure skating is staring at Yuna. Bad Morozov.

But really wanting him to be staring at her because Yuna is so so so so hot now. That's what the comments are about - wanting her - or thinking - she's so hot she gets ladies men hot for her. That's why I'm saying - she's cute, but come on.
    And miki isn't cute? If our suspisions of morozov's gaze are in any way true he is a fool not to look at miki that way. I mean she looks hot in black pants!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
    He's brought it on himself. Check this blog:

http://jp.europeonice.com/?eid=385

What's written in English is what Morosov actually said. There were many people at TEB to witness this as it happened in the lobby of the Novotel. Miki herself was there and saw and heard it, too. If you care about your reputation, you shouldn't pick up bar fights at the official competition hotel and you shouldn't show yourself with your female student sitting at a hotel bar at night.
    Why was he @ TEB?

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    Why was he @ TEB?
    Because of his student Nobunari.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    Why was he @ TEB?
    He was there to coach Oda and Fernandez. The real question was, why was Miki there?

To contribute something useful to the topic . Here are some practice reports from twitter.com/FSOnline:

Johnny Weir has been performing well in practices. Angela Maxwell told us she skated with Weir before they left for Japan and he was solid. about 4 hours ago from web

Evan Lysacek missed the first jump in his short program run through but was otherwise good in practice. He wore - surprise - all black.

Jeremy Abbott had a couple falls in practice on things like spins and footwork but was mostly good on jumps. Landed some triple-triples.

Ashley Wagner has landed a few triple-triple combination in practice at the GPF. She also had a freak fall on a spin but nailed it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
    He was there to coach Oda and Fernandez. The real question was, why was Miki there?
    The real point is, that is Miki's business.

ashley get the triple-triple combination back? what kind of combination?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Yeah sure. And I don't see it at all...

of course, YMMV.

What don't you see - the smoking hot sex appeal or the claims of some of her fans that she's turned into a major siren?

I've just seen a lot of - don't like ubers but I guess it's a good short cut - suddenly promoting that Yuna is hot and sexy. And to me, claiming that Morosov was staring at her lustfully is really just another angle to come at the claim that Yuna is some sexy beauty now. And while I think she's attractive and cute, I'm not seeing the basis for the insistence that she's become ultra hot.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Guy View Post
    That's a dirty man's irresistible instinct to stare at a cute girl.:banging: It's not something Morozov can control. Maybe you can, but very few can do it.
    Not when there are cuter women in the place, which is something I don't think some Yuna fans acknowledge. That's my point. Morosov has better stuff to stare at, even in that rink. She ain't all that in the cute department as far as his tastes have gone. What is there to stare at with her, exactly? I guess my point is she hardly has the kind of looks where a man wouldn't be able to control his reaction.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrlmy View Post
    Well, I think Yuna and Miki have naturally smaller frame than Joannie or Ashley. They would need extra body fat to look "healthy", and you can't possibly say either Joannie or Ashley is carrying around more body fat than the other two. Especially Yuna, being considerably taller than the aforementioned ladies, looks more elongated sorta like Czisny.
    Skating is so funny in that these "tall/elongated" girls are 5'4 and the amazons like Carolina are 5'6 . It's like munchkin land! Anyways I heard Ashley was practicing 3lz-3lo, the same combination that Miki has been nailing in practices. If both girls do it the competition should be very exciting!

I don't think in this case Nicolai is looking at Yu-na lustfully. I think its more of a "fall, fall" type of thing...And as for Nicolai, I've never heard reports that he's particularly discerning when it comes to women..
    Last edited by bekalc; 12-03-2009 at 05:04 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    I don't think in this case Nicolai is looking at Yu-na lustfully. I think its more of a "fall, fall" type of thing...And as for Nicolai, I've never heard reports that he's particularly discerning when it comes to women..
    Why are we even assuming that he's looking at Yuna?

Judging from the fact that he has to turn his head slightly on top of have his eyes in that directly, I'd say that he's more likely to be staring down the photographer who's about to (or just did) take a pic of Miki.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast