Practice Reports | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Well actually when I look at that photo Miki looks skinnier than Yu-na. Or am I just delusional?

They are both really skinny. Yuna is standing in front of a black board which makes her legs blend into the surroundings so it's hard to see. Yu Na maybe is a little too thin though, she's about 5'4.5" and weighs 105 pounds and only has 10% body fat according to this article http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2009/11/18/2009111800636.html . Is 10% body fat at all healthy for a 19 year old female? Seems maybe a little too low. Miki is 5'4" and 110 pounds so a little sturdier but still really thin considering she's all muscle, as is Yuna. Is it really that important to be so thin in figure skating? Joannie and Ashley look healthy (still no fat but a lot of muscle) and they are still really good...

figurejennah

On the Ice
Is it really that important to be so thin in figure skating? Joannie and Ashley look healthy (still no fat but a lot of muscle) and they are still really good...

I think so... I read that weight gain/loss does affect the jumps and speed.....
Even Mao/Yuna/Miki gain weight slightly during the off season. (In fact, I remember people calling Yuna "Chubby" during one of her ice shows.... ouch).

And I hate to says this.... to perfectly young and beautiful ladies....
but Rachael and Ashley should consider losing weight... just a little bit...? cough.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Well, I think Yuna and Miki have naturally smaller frame than Joannie or Ashley. They would need extra body fat to look "healthy", and you can't possibly say either Joannie or Ashley is carrying around more body fat than the other two. Especially Yuna, being considerably taller than the aforementioned ladies, looks more elongated sorta like Czisny.

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
How do you know that he can't??
Why there is so much Morosov hate here??
Ok, we can laugh a at the photo that is funny concerning the face expression and circumstances, at the end we all know that it is a very short moment that is 'frozen' on the picture, thus it can turn out bizzare, but lets not jump into conclusions...

It's not Morozov hate, it's using Morozov to validate Yuna's sex appeal. Oh Yuna is so hot that the ladies man who has been with all the hot women of figure skating is staring at Yuna. Bad Morozov.

But really wanting him to be staring at her because Yuna is so so so so hot now. That's what the comments are about - wanting her - or thinking - she's so hot she gets ladies men hot for her. That's why I'm saying - she's cute, but come on.

maoyuna

Rinkside
I think so... I read that weight gain/loss does affect the jumps and speed.....
Even Mao/Yuna/Miki gain weight slightly during the off season. (In fact, I remember people calling Yuna "Chubby" during one of her ice shows.... ouch).

And I hate to says this.... to perfectly young and beautiful ladies....
but Rachael and Ashley should consider losing weight... just a little bit...? cough.

Did you not see Ashley when she made her debut at 2008 Nationals? She has lost weight since then and is in a lot better shape now.

R.D.

Record Breaker
It's not Morozov hate, it's using Morozov to validate Yuna's sex appeal. Oh Yuna is so hot that the ladies man who has been with all the hot women of figure skating is staring at Yuna. Bad Morozov.

But really wanting him to be staring at her because Yuna is so so so so hot now. That's what the comments are about - wanting her - or thinking - she's so hot she gets ladies men hot for her...

Yeah sure. And I don't see it at all...

of course, YMMV.

Supersonic

Spectator
Why there is so much Morosov hate here??

He's brought it on himself. Check this blog:

http://jp.europeonice.com/?eid=385

What's written in English is what Morosov actually said. There were many people at TEB to witness this as it happened in the lobby of the Novotel. Miki herself was there and saw and heard it, too. If you care about your reputation, you shouldn't pick up bar fights at the official competition hotel and you shouldn't show yourself with your female student sitting at a hotel bar at night.

merrybari

Final Flight
Seems this thread has wandered off topic a bit. So - to help get it back on track - has anyone seen the men's practice(s)?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

But really wanting him to be staring at her because Yuna is so so so so hot now. That's what the comments are about - wanting her - or thinking - she's so hot she gets ladies men hot for her. That's why I'm saying - she's cute, but come on.

And miki isn't cute? If our suspisions of morozov's gaze are in any way true he is a fool not to look at miki that way. I mean she looks hot in black pants!

Enthusiast

On the Ice
He's brought it on himself. Check this blog:

http://jp.europeonice.com/?eid=385

What's written in English is what Morosov actually said. There were many people at TEB to witness this as it happened in the lobby of the Novotel. Miki herself was there and saw and heard it, too. If you care about your reputation, you shouldn't pick up bar fights at the official competition hotel and you shouldn't show yourself with your female student sitting at a hotel bar at night.

Why was he @ TEB?

Supersonic

Spectator
Why was he @ TEB?

He was there to coach Oda and Fernandez. The real question was, why was Miki there?:biggrin:

To contribute something useful to the topic :). Here are some practice reports from twitter.com/FSOnline:

Johnny Weir has been performing well in practices. Angela Maxwell told us she skated with Weir before they left for Japan and he was solid. about 4 hours ago from web

Evan Lysacek missed the first jump in his short program run through but was otherwise good in practice. He wore - surprise - all black. :)

Jeremy Abbott had a couple falls in practice on things like spins and footwork but was mostly good on jumps. Landed some triple-triples.

Ashley Wagner has landed a few triple-triple combination in practice at the GPF. She also had a freak fall on a spin but nailed it later.

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
Yeah sure. And I don't see it at all...

of course, YMMV.

What don't you see - the smoking hot sex appeal or the claims of some of her fans that she's turned into a major siren?

I've just seen a lot of - don't like ubers but I guess it's a good short cut - suddenly promoting that Yuna is hot and sexy. And to me, claiming that Morosov was staring at her lustfully is really just another angle to come at the claim that Yuna is some sexy beauty now. And while I think she's attractive and cute, I'm not seeing the basis for the insistence that she's become ultra hot.

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
That's a dirty man's irresistible instinct to stare at a cute girl.:banging: It's not something Morozov can control. Maybe you can, but very few can do it.
Not when there are cuter women in the place, which is something I don't think some Yuna fans acknowledge. That's my point. Morosov has better stuff to stare at, even in that rink. She ain't all that in the cute department as far as his tastes have gone. What is there to stare at with her, exactly? I guess my point is she hardly has the kind of looks where a man wouldn't be able to control his reaction.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Well, I think Yuna and Miki have naturally smaller frame than Joannie or Ashley. They would need extra body fat to look "healthy", and you can't possibly say either Joannie or Ashley is carrying around more body fat than the other two. Especially Yuna, being considerably taller than the aforementioned ladies, looks more elongated sorta like Czisny.

Skating is so funny in that these "tall/elongated" girls are 5'4 and the amazons like Carolina are 5'6 :laugh: . It's like munchkin land! Anyways I heard Ashley was practicing 3lz-3lo, the same combination that Miki has been nailing in practices. If both girls do it the competition should be very exciting!

bekalc

Record Breaker
I don't think in this case Nicolai is looking at Yu-na lustfully. I think its more of a "fall, fall" type of thing...And as for Nicolai, I've never heard reports that he's particularly discerning when it comes to women..

Last edited:

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
I don't think in this case Nicolai is looking at Yu-na lustfully. I think its more of a "fall, fall" type of thing...And as for Nicolai, I've never heard reports that he's particularly discerning when it comes to women..

Why are we even assuming that he's looking at Yuna?

Judging from the fact that he has to turn his head slightly on top of have his eyes in that directly, I'd say that he's more likely to be staring down the photographer who's about to (or just did) take a pic of Miki.