Practice Reports | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Starting with Ashley Wagner reporting on herself, via Twitter:

I got my legs under me today..wasn't my best practice but its a good thing I made myself do a full run-through!

Nadia01

Final Flight
Saw Asahi TV report today.

Oda looked perfect during practice. Yuna looked stable & Miki looked good. Almost no coverage of Akiko -- she was mentioned but they didn't show her jumps, etc.

Nadia01

Final Flight
That's not nice. Akiko is my favorite among Japanese skaters.

I know. I was mad too.

But from what little I saw of her...Akiko seemed very happy about competing in the final and she smiled a lot. Most of the coverage was on Oda & Ando. No pairs or dance team mentioned.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Nice pictures, Yu Na, Akiko, and Miki look so skinny in their practice clothes. It's amazing that they are so strong while being so tiny

inskate

On the Ice
Another clip with Nobu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nfolq75uWk
It contains the same 4-3-3 as in the previous clip, another 4-3-3 with even more perfect landing and just enormous 3A-3T-3L! Look at the distance of that 3A - it covered the entire lenght of the huge camera pit in the background! :love:

OTOH, I'm a bit afraid that the pressure might be too much for Nobu... Akiko and Daisuke might be in more comfortable position being in the shadow and relatively unbothered by the media. They can just concentrate on doing their best.

Ximena

Final Flight
Johnny's tweeter

Great practice today. I am happy to be in Japan again! Sir Lysacek is my next door neighbor. Harajuku tomorrow with Ksenia!
about 2 hours ago from web

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
Oda runs out a clear curve on his quad landing edge before banging out the 3/3. Is it a fully credited 4/3/3 if he travels on the curve of his blade for a few feet before hitting the next two jumps? Is it more of a jump sequence than a 4/3/3?

Which is not to say I don't love him and would be happy if he won gold.

herro

On the Ice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTlZFXN4qW8

This is a clip of Yuna, for Yuna fans out there. So it's talking about changes made to her flip jump because it was shaky at the last competition.

Basically, she changed her setup for the flip so that it mirrors what she used to do previously for her 3F-3T combos.

The flip she does in the clip looks SOOO awesome. The best I've seen of her maybe.

ae9177

On the Ice
My goodness, Oda is an incredible jumper! He's definitely the front runner and heavy favorite not only at GPF and Japanese Nationals but also in Vancouver. Plushenko should really watch out this little guy now. The only question is, can he hold up under pressure?

Yuna looks so fit and confident, the competition is hers to lose. Nobody can challege her, her only enemy is herself. I really hope Akiko to step it up on her home rink, it's her best chance to grab that final ticket going to Vancouver. (But I like Fumie and Yukari too, it's such a hard decision which one I should root for...)

Any report on the non-Japanese skaters? Good luck to all of them, this is gonna be a remarkable competition!