Practice Reports | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

Oscilla

On the Ice
Is it a fully credited 4/3/3 if he travels on the curve of his blade for a few feet before hitting the next two jumps? Is it more of a jump sequence than a 4/3/3?

His 4-3-3 would be fully credited as a combination. The skaters usually cover some lenght of the ice between the jumps while landing a combination that ends in 2T or 3T. The more speed the skater has out of a jump, the more lenght he/she will cover. It takes a great knee action to sustain the landing and not to lose edge or speed. Only combinations ending in loops are launched almost immediately after landing the first jump.

IIRC, as long as the skater doesn't put his/her free leg down the combination will count as a combination. I remember some skaters who did 3-turns after landing their 1st jump badly, then tacked on a 2T or 2L and it still counted as a combination (with -GoE).
For example, Miki's 3T-2L-2L in the 2nd half:
http://www.skatingjapan.jp/National/2007-2008/fs/national/E/data0205.pdf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4AVPUpVBbU
I

reynycpr

On the Ice
wow. Miki's 3Lutz/3loop combo looks solid :rock: , which always does in Practice, just hoping she doesn't leave it there.

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
Sir Lysacek? Did Johnny just knight Evan?

(hmmm...Sounds like some sort of weird role-play...)

ANYHOW.

I think he's being sarcastic in that either Evan or the people surrounding him are acting like he's a knight... which wouldn't be surprising given their being on not-so-stellar terms, and Evan's World title.

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
Wow they look solid. This is looking out to be a GREAT competition.

I'm really hoping that the 2 weeks up in Iwate have paid off for Miki and Nobu.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Miki's 3lutz/3loop and 2axel/3toe!!!!:rock: Yes she always looks great in practices but here's hoping she'll nail them this time.

And Yu-na, Nobu and Takahashi all look so solid :)

Any info on Joannie?

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
Thanks for clarifying that for me Oscilla. Good to know. Oda's landing edge certainly looked fast and fluid, so the entire sequence looked extremely nice. I just wasn't certain about the ice coverage in between the 4 and the two 3's. Makes sense and glad to hear it. He's looking great, and an appealing personality as well.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Yuna looks so fit and confident, the competition is hers to lose. Nobody can challege her, her only enemy is herself. I really hope Akiko to step it up on her home rink, it's her best chance to grab that final ticket going to Vancouver. (But I like Fumie and Yukari too, it's such a hard decision which one I should root for...)

I say Akiko over Yukari and Fumie. Yukari's wrapped free leg in her jumps really detracts from her skating. As for Fumie....she's just old, almost 30. She's already gone to the olympics twice right? Maybe she should let someone else have a turn, esp because she has been kinda off her groove lately.

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
I say Akiko over Yukari and Fumie. Yukari's wrapped free leg in her jumps really detracts from her skating. As for Fumie....she's just old, almost 30. She's already gone to the olympics twice right? Maybe she should let someone else have a turn, esp because she has been kinda off her groove lately.

Why let someone have their turn if they don't earn? IMHO, This whole "letting someone have their turn" business based on a skater's age. A trip to worlds and the Olympics should really be an earned trip; not a gift; regardless of your age or accomplishments. It's as bad as how Cohen bemoaned over the fact that Kwan wouldn't retire and give someone else a chance except Cohen couldn't keep it together when she had the chance. Fumie is looking a lot better now than she did two years ago. That said, I definitely wouldn't be happy if Fumie goes to Vancouver if she bombs nationals and that likes of Yukari or Akiko does well.

S

sleepyjl

(hmmm...Sounds like some sort of weird role-play...)

ANYHOW.

I think he's being sarcastic in that either Evan or the people surrounding him are acting like he's a knight... which wouldn't be surprising given their being on not-so-stellar terms, and Evan's World title.

No, he's just making a joke that Johnny Weir is gay and therefore a "queen." In poor taste IMHO.

Queens Guy

Rinkside
Morozov is giving a creepy look at Yuna. We know he loves girls very much. He doesn't seem to want Miki to notice he was staring at Yuna. He must be thinking something dirty.:biggrin:

schiele

Final Flight
Morozov is giving a creepy look at Yuna. We know he loves girls very much. He doesn't seem to want Miki to notice he was staring at Yuna. He must be thinking something dirty.:biggrin:

To the contrary , I think he is trying to use "The Force" to make Yuna fall.. :rofl:

Btw, my god, Yuna's legs look thinner than needle! Is smth wrong with this pic?

Oldies

Rinkside
Well actually when I look at that photo Miki looks skinnier than Yu-na. Or am I just delusional?

nevergonnadance

On the Ice

Morosov is kind of a man of the world in a dirty way. Yuna is cute but I don't think he'd be staring at her in that way when there are others to stare at.

Queens Guy

Rinkside
Morosov is kind of a man of the world in a dirty way. Yuna is cute but I don't think he'd be staring at her in that way when there are others to stare at.

That's a dirty man's irresistible instinct to stare at a cute girl.:banging: It's not something Morozov can control. Maybe you can, but very few can do it.

Last edited:

Oscilla

On the Ice
Queens Guy said:
It's not something Morozov can control. Maybe you can, but very few can do it.

Well, you apparently have have resisting spreading unsupported gossip. I know it might feel fun and exciting to blackmouth a man who *gasp!* dares to get divorced and remarry - but it's getting tiring. This is a figure skating board, and I do not find it amusing to read things like that.

Kinga

Medalist
That's a dirty man's irresistible instinct to stare a cute girl.:banging: It's not something Morozov can control. Maybe you can, but very few can do it.

How do you know that he can't??
Why there is so much Morosov hate here??
Ok, we can laugh a at the photo that is funny concerning the face expression and circumstances, at the end we all know that it is a very short moment that is 'frozen' on the picture, thus it can turn out bizzare, but lets not jump into conclusions...