Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: GPF Pairs SP

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by hongligl View Post
    I can guess why you say so by looking at your signature photo
    Haha~~

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Imho,Xue SHEN has the most incredible body language of any female skater since Michelle Kwan.

A choreographer can give a skater arm movements but cannot give the skater body language. That's a natural gift, and with it, Xue draws one .into the program
    ITA with you Joe... she really extends her arms and fingers, even the way she holds her edge after the throw jumps, she's awesome. I remember while reading the book "The Second Mark", how they said about Xue really working hard on every practice, trying to perfect herself, being a fighter, which was a contrast to her off-ice personality. Still, I think there's something about skating that transforms her... it can't be taught, just like you said.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Imho,Xue SHEN has the most incredible body language of any female skater since Michelle Kwan.

A choreographer can give a skater arm movements but cannot give the skater body language. That's a natural gift, and with it, Xue draws one .into the program
    Agree as well with you Joesitz.

I think that she is a master at "finishing" her movements. Just when you think the element like a throw has been completed with total elan, she extends the movement at least one nuance further with an arch to her back, a lean to her neck line. It is almost feline how she combines her stretch as a sign of sheer power. She is a virtuoso.

I'm just super happy for S/Z. They did great.

Custom Title
    ITA with you! Love Xue to pieces! She looks so tiny and quiet off-ice but once she's on the ice she's bigger than life She just exudes charm, grace and mean while power from every muscle.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    When they were changing directions, she slipped away and he had to pull her back by hand. Is this the problem, although I cannot see why it would cause an invalid element.. What a shame, I love P&T!
    I watched it on youtube, when they changed direction, she slipped away and put BOTH HER FEET DOWN. That makes the element zero.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    I watched it on youtube, when they changed direction, she slipped away and put BOTH HER FEET DOWN. That makes the element zero.
    Oh just checked this thread.. Thanks for the explanation, I was just going thru the SP video again and wondering what happened.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5