GPF Pairs SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

GPF Pairs SP

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Shen & Zhao (Who Wants to Live Forever by Brian May)
He's in black pants and a gray, white, and pink randomly painted shirt with a deep v neck
Black skirt, Fuchsia underskirt, black lacy halter top.

3t beautiful, on the beat
love the quickness of movement
3tw excellent
3lp throw excellent; great expression on landing.
sbs spins mostly in synch
Neat lift smooth changes of positions
good speed in pair spin actually has some movement to music
footwork like the drag up he does with her in this

different DS ugly position to end
standing ovation

Crowd clapping and clapping during the replay. Clear they think this was best.

Score: 75.36, into first place

What a well skated event!!

gold12345

Medalist
I wasn't paying great attention, but I think Szolkowy touched down on his 3T. A 73 is very high with that mistake.

In general, everyone has skated well though, and the placements seem right on.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I thought their costumes were rather blue not brown, but nevermind :D

I think their pair spin my be called an invalid element.
Her position on the lift is still ugly.
But I like this program any way

My computer is old. I do not vouch for the accuracy of color reproduction on my screen ;)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Neat lift smooth changes of positions

Score: 75.36, into first place

What a well skated event!!
Did anyone else think the dismount on the lift looked kind of iffy? Or at least not very elegant?

First place, I agree, though I'd have had it a bit closer. Still, two points is pretty meaningless and sets up an interesting LP... And if either of the top two teams runs into trouble, everyone is within striking distance, except maybe K/S.

I hope to see the pairs skate as well tomorrow! :clap:

oleada

Record Breaker
I don't agree with S/Z vs. S/S pcs - I understand personal preferences but them beating out S/S in CH and TR when Aliona and Robin's program is way more packed and has a lot more transitions is just poor judging.

(and I don't think S/Z have better SS either - PE for sure, that's up to the individual)

Last edited:

MissCleo

On the Ice
My computer is old. I do not vouch for the accuracy of color reproduction on my screen ;)

I thought their costumes were rather blue not brown, but nevermind :D

I think their pair spin my be called an invalid element.
Her position on the lift is still ugly.
But I like this program any way

ETA: they scored 68.04

I think Kinga meant P/T. MT costumes are brown/tan. and the only blue to be seen is in P/T. Also that would explain the comment about poor position in the lift

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
I don't agree with S/Z vs. S/S pcs - I understand personal preferences but them beating out S/S in CH and TR when Aliona and Robin's program is way more packed and has a lot more transitions is just poor judging.

(and I don't think S/Z have better SS either - PE for sure, that's up to the individual)
Robin definetely touched down after 3T. That is a big mistake so I think judging has been correct for SP.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
That was well worth getting up in the middle of the night for :clap:....but Ingo has a lot to answer for in the costume department.

Kinga

Medalist

Sorry doris, I just messed up completely, I thought you wrote brown costumes when you were describing P/T, whereas you were describing M/T :p

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
That was well worth getting up in the middle of the night for :clap:....but Ingo has a lot to answer for in the costume department.

He does indeed! S/S get the worst dressed for the Grand Prix final pairs event.

What a lovely competition though. And during the hours when I am awake too. I love it when skating events are in Asia.:biggrin:

inside edge

On the Ice
wow

Shen & Zhao (Who Wants to Live Forever by Brian May)

The music is soooooooooooooooooo good!:thumbsup:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the updates and the pbp. Suprised that P/T are in 4th place.
Congrats to S/Z, S/S and M/T.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
That was a good event. Shen and Zhao look pretty unstoppable ( have they made one mistake this whole season?) but I think that if S&S skated the way they did in thief last GP, they could beat them. I keep waiting for zhang and zhang to go back to the Swan SP as this Sing Sing Sing just is not working for them.

enlight78

Medalist
the pairs short was the bomb;or best:love:
S/Z,S/S, M/T, P/T were great; I just wish P/T would pay more attention to levels and extentions; especially in the lifts