I would have scored them as:

01. Takahashi

02. Weir
    03. Lysacek
    04. Oda

05. Abbott
    06. Verner

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Oh give me a break..Oda 3rd???What would the first two score with quad?Takahashi of course I m fine
    Verner is last and the only to land a quad, thats sort of strangely funny! Poor tomas..

On the Ice
    why did johnny only score 84? when his jumps were i think just as good as the others if not better...and his program was as solid as the others.

anyone have any ideas?

Custom Title
    Evan and Daisuke having the same PCS is a complete joke. Daisuke blew everyone away, he absolutely felt that music like no other. Yet all of Evan's program look the same....and the judges had him ahead on interpretation! Are they not watching the programs? I would have had Dai so much farther ahead of the competition.

Custom Title
    Generous scores aside, I agree with the placements.

Takahashi was just phenomenal! Sure his spins were not the best, and he was maybe a bit rougher than at NHK (synch to music, etc.), but what a gutsy, firely performance, especially given he was reported to be doing all that great in the practices!

It would've been interesting to see Joubert and Plushenko here. I guess I'll have to wait till Vancouver! Yay I'll be there!

I'm not watching right now, but I can't imagine Evan Lysacek ever skating a program that would merit that sort of score. His PCS bonus is getting to be ludicrous; he's nowhere near as good as Dai (and several other guys) and shouldn't be marked as though he is. I really hope this will stop eventually, but I'm not optimistic.

ETA: has the GPF become the new 4CC? It looks like anyone with a pulse would have gotten high PCS today.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 12-04-2009 at 05:20 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Evan and Daisuke having the same PCS is a complete joke. Daisuke blew everyone away, he absolutely felt that music like no other. Yet all of Evan's program look the same....and the judges had him ahead on interpretation! Are they not watching the programs? I would have had Dai so much farther ahead of the competition.

Pssttt.....world champion PCS bonus. Unwritten ISU rule no. 481911953150.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefancan View Post
    why did johnny only score 84? when his jumps were i think just as good as the others if not better...and his program was as solid as the others.

anyone have any ideas?
    He skated earlier and his music isn't as pulse-pounding as Evan's and Oda's.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    He skated earlier and his music isn't as pulse-pounding as Evan's and Oda's.

Also, I have a feeling that Johnny' (PCS and otherwise) stock isn't currently as high as Lysacek's or Oda's among the judges.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    If i listen again about Evgeni being overscored I will flip. Yes he is but now he lost the privillege of one and only.
    Can score break 100?
    I would put weir second and oda third or the other way around.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Well, yes, that comes from skating earlier. He is "lower ranked" at the moment.

Although, objectively, Johnny's program isn't quite as crowd-pleasing.

Custom Title
    Remember it's not just the jumps that count.

Evan and Takahashi likely both got at least one step sequence credited with level 4 in order for their scores to jump up so much.

I don't think Johnny has ever gotten level 4 steps credited.

There may have been a difference in spin levels as well.

Looking at their PCS, the judges tied Even and Taka overall, but split the difference within them on, I believe relatively fair bases.

Taka won Skating Skills and Performance and Evan won Transitions, Choreography and Interpretation.

Taka won TES by .10.

While Taka had the best excitement factor out there, Evan did make a point of holding out his landings and was far sharper in his projection than his previous outings this season.

Skating to a familiar piece of music probably also helped to bring across the choreography and interpretation a bit better than a less familiar piece like Johnny's.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Oh, Im just furious with the results, there are simply no words for it.. Poor poor Oda, always getting lower PSC although he is clearly better.. I feel even if Jeremy and Verner skated clean they wouldn't have gotten much higher placements.. This is soo infuriating, I wanna go there and throw rotten tomatos at all the judges.. It has finally gotten to me too!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefancan View Post

anyone have any ideas?

Johnny`s step sequences are not as complex as Evan`s or Dai`s. Not even close. The score is fair for him.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast