Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Grand Prix Final: Mens SP

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deedeelocks View Post
    I think not...
    about a week ago he really wasn't fit yet (and I was worried!) He's usually very strong in practice and he heard he wasn't up till now in Japan. He also admitted in Czech press before the event that he wasn't at 100%.
    I think the pops are a combination of not being fit and perhaps this didn't help for his mental strength either...plus, if you're not fit and you have to skate right after the warm-up? I don't think that's ideal either...and he doesn't like that to begin with...!
    Yes I know but I thought he looked more fit in SA with that damn flu than here.. I was so disappointed with these pops, especially since that 4T 3T was an absolute beauty, the best I've seen him do.. So falling apart after that only shows nerves overtaking you due to perfectionism and expectations.. Which I feel like is back to square one for Tomas. I am just so unhappy.. I hope he's hit with a magical wand or smth tonight and wakes up tomorrow all confident..
    On the other hand, I am also rooting for Oda, I hope he overtakes them all with the Chaplin magic, the best programme I've seen so far this season..

Rinkside
    So falling apart after that only shows nerves overtaking you due to perfectionism and expectations..
    maybe, maybe not. I can speculate a lot (about what I think and thinking about things in the past etc.) but in fact, I know nothing right now :P
    I just know that a week ago, he really wasn't fit yet, and he said to Czech press too, that he wasn't 100% ... and I do think this had some influence...either physically, mentally, or both.
    Last edited by deedeelocks; 12-04-2009 at 01:52 PM.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Predictions for free:

oda
    Evan
    takahashi
    wier
    Abbott
    verner
    I agree with this prediction.

I hope Takahashi wins, though.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I got back and watched tonight taka's and weir's program 3 times in a row. I soooo liked them, Weir just flies and Taka... i think his performance is one for the ages!!!
    I just wanted to end the day with a positive vibe cause concerning gpf i was all day
    now i m fine :D

Rinkside
    I am happy for Daiske & Evan.
    Both of them were wonderful today!

Looking forward to watching LPs. I love all their LPs especially Evan's.
    I feel really sad Brian isn't at GPF though.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by macemace1980 View Post
    I am happy for Daiske & Evan.
    Both of them were wonderful today!

Looking forward to watching LPs. I love all their LPs especially Evan's.
    I feel really sad Brian isn't at GPF though.
    I love Evan, but can somebody please get him a stylist??? His Chicken Little costumes have already been commented upon, but what is up with his hair??? It's even worse than Ross's hair in Friends. NO TO HELMET HEAD!!!!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorfax View Post
    hah Just because one makes it look easy, doesn't actually make it easy. After all, his skating style has always been that, airy and light. He has had great footwork in both programs this year, steps are level 3.
    I demand to see the pdf scores for this baby.
    Even though I suspect I already know what this is, the fact that he skated earlier. Classic figure skating judging.

Sir Lysacek has some funny scores however. And I thought they were funny when he got 79 for a SP with no proper 3A or quad.

Ah, enough scores ranting. Great competition.
    All I know is Johnny's finishing move in his SP is just creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I got back and watched tonight taka's and weir's program 3 times in a row. I soooo liked them, Weir just flies and Taka... i think his performance is one for the ages!!!
    I just wanted to end the day with a positive vibe cause concerning gpf i was all day
    now i m fine :D
    Yes, I went back and watched them as well. Such wonderful skating!

I'd say Lysacek did deserve 2nd behind Takahashi. It should have been a far wider gap, of course, but I appreciated a couple of the choreographic details more this time and think the program is quite good (even if Weir does have stronger skating skills). His arm movements after the Flip are, dare I say, interesting and beginning of his circular step sequence is a great moment.

I am happy Weir gave a strong performance, of course, but it's difficult because he just isn't the skater he used to be. His musical interpretation simply doesn't have the uniqueness and effect that it used to.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjl View Post
    It is very sexual. As if he is tasting and wiping off a certain...

Oh jeez, I can't even say it on this forum.

I kind of liked it, though.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    It is very sexual. As if he is tasting and wiping off a certain...

Oh jeez, I can't even say it on this forum.

I kind of liked it, though.
    LOL!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjl View Post
    Creepy? Oh honey. :chorus:

Anyway, I approve, JWe, I approve. (Where is a pervy smiley when I need one?)

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorfax View Post
    Creepy? Oh honey. :chorus:

Anyway, I approve, JWe, I approve. (Where is a pervy smiley when I need one?)
    hahahaha

No matter what, I will always have a soft spot for Johnny. I just realized that also sounds pervy, but I mean he just seems like a sweet-heart and even if he's not skating his best I always cheer for him.

Plus, what other male skater wears an outfit with sequined pink ribbons? hehehe :o :o :o

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Johnny looks different -- did he cut his hair or slick it back? He reminds me of a very young Elvis Presley.
    I read this before watching the competition and thought, oh god nooooo! But I actually think it's a good look for him. Kind of like- Elvis, the pink period.

Watching these SPs together really showcases how great they all are. Please, Tomas and Jeremy, get it together before the LP. You guys are better than this. Show it.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Just got back from a trip so I didn't get to watch... sounds like I missed a great competition

It is SO great the way Evan has handled the pressure this year. Keep it up!!

Custom Title
    Originally Posted by Layfan
    It is SO great the way Evan has handled the pressure this year. Keep it up!!
    Indeed. Mental toughness and consistency really matters. IMHO, Evan really utilizes the best of what he got. Good for him.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast