Grand Prix Final: Mens SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Final: Mens SP

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oops, I was wrong, Oda played it safe, didn't do a quad, did the same jump layout as the others (except Verner of course, the only man to attempt & land a quad tonight).

IMHO Oda deserves 3rd, behind Takahashi & Lysacek.

These men are going to have to up the technical ante if they want to compete with the king, there's no other way.

Expecting huge scores as always at the GPF. ;)

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Oda's technique is fantastic! Didn't move me as much as Takahashi. Will be interesting...

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Interesting that all the guys are skating to music which is "powerful", or at least has rock influences in the SP this season.

Except for Plushenko. Ironically, that's the kind of music he SHOULD be skating to!

Nadine

Record Breaker
I agree with the placements. Looking forward to the FS, hoping the men up the techical ante. :)

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Nobunari did very well.
But Evan's world champion bonus...
Ah, tomorrow is another day.

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
I would have scored them as:

01. Takahashi

02. Weir
03. Lysacek
04. Oda

05. Abbott
06. Verner

seniorita

Record Breaker
Oh give me a break..Oda 3rd???What would the first two score with quad?Takahashi of course I m fine:cool:
Verner is last and the only to land a quad, thats sort of strangely funny! Poor tomas..

skatefancan

Rinkside
why did johnny only score 84? when his jumps were i think just as good as the others if not better...and his program was as solid as the others.

anyone have any ideas?

oleada

Record Breaker
Evan and Daisuke having the same PCS is a complete joke. Daisuke blew everyone away, he absolutely felt that music like no other. Yet all of Evan's program look the same....and the judges had him ahead on interpretation! Are they not watching the programs? I would have had Dai so much farther ahead of the competition.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Generous scores aside, I agree with the placements.

Takahashi was just phenomenal! Sure his spins were not the best, and he was maybe a bit rougher than at NHK (synch to music, etc.), but what a gutsy, firely performance, especially given he was reported to be doing all that great in the practices!

It would've been interesting to see Joubert and Plushenko here. I guess I'll have to wait till Vancouver! Yay I'll be there!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I'm not watching right now, but I can't imagine Evan Lysacek ever skating a program that would merit that sort of score. His PCS bonus is getting to be ludicrous; he's nowhere near as good as Dai (and several other guys) and shouldn't be marked as though he is. I really hope this will stop eventually, but I'm not optimistic.

ETA: has the GPF become the new 4CC? It looks like anyone with a pulse would have gotten high PCS today.

Last edited:

evangeline

Record Breaker
Evan and Daisuke having the same PCS is a complete joke. Daisuke blew everyone away, he absolutely felt that music like no other. Yet all of Evan's program look the same....and the judges had him ahead on interpretation! Are they not watching the programs? I would have had Dai so much farther ahead of the competition.

Pssttt.....world champion PCS bonus. Unwritten ISU rule no. 481911953150.

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
why did johnny only score 84? when his jumps were i think just as good as the others if not better...and his program was as solid as the others.

anyone have any ideas?

He skated earlier and his music isn't as pulse-pounding as Evan's and Oda's.