Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread: Grand Prix Final: Ladies SP

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    I think I'll just wake up and go through the LP thread, like always
    Me, too. But if it is as long as this one, we'll have our work cut out for us in the morning..

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Me, too. But if it is as long as this one, we'll have our work cut out for us in the morning..
    Well, the actual competition typically takes place on the first five or six pages

Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    But one can suspect that high PCS is possibly given to compensate low TES.
    Sometimes. But I think it also happens that a top skater will simply get uniformly high component scores, which do not necessarily go down much on the occasions where the skater misses some of her technical elements.

Custom Title
    seems miki ando changed her custome again
    from yuna's facebook page
    [img=http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3376/mikiando.th.png]

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    There is also Carolina's FANTASTIC 3-3 from 2007 Worlds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qSCT15IRpU
    That was beautiful, if only Carolina skated like that every time. I remember her horrific long program from last year, she singled almost every jump! And after a good SP performance too... I wonder if she maybe has bad nerves/anxiety issues that cause her inconsistency. Then again, the European ladies love to double jumps and fall, but at least they're all tall and pretty to make up for it (joking obviously, though sometimes I wonder...)

All of Miki's dresses are very pretty, I like how she and Yuna have long skirts on their dresses, it makes them look more like real costumes.

Also, I did a doubletake when I watched Alena skate, from her hair, to her costume, to her build, to her style and expression, she just like Irina Slutskaya. Maybe that's why people are making such a fuss about her, she could be the next Irina!

Tripping on the Podium

What Orser had to say

Brian Orser has said in an interview he had today that he took a look at the triple-triple in different angles, but that it was difficult to understand the downgrade, saying that the combination was perfect. He also said there had been controversial calls before, and although it might be easy to blame the panel, it is more important to learn more (about how to deal with this), he said.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. Yu-Na singling a planned triple and being downgraded on a triple+triple attempt and still being less than 1 point close to a clean Miki Ando is just plain wrong. It's not like Miki is the same calibre as someone like Mira Leung or Tugba Karademir. She's a former world champ and the reigning world bronze medalist for crying out loud. Kim is not that much better a skater than Ando, IMO.
    well, It's because some "let's overscore" judge panels were very generous to Yuna by giving her +1.6 GOE to her terribly underroated 3-3 combo, and Miki only recieved +1.6 GOE with her absolutely fantastic 3-2 combo, well some say 3-1.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by rossdale View Post
    '''

figurejennah, You love figure skating, dont you? Have you ever seen Yuna's game in live? If not, I would like to suggest to do so. I was not one of her fans till I saw her in SA2008. I hope she attends SA one more time in 2010 so that I can watch her games again. This time I could not go to Lake Placide
    I did go see her at 2009 SA. Oh that was so worth the trip!!!
    After Kwan retired, I really never paid attention to figure skating.
    But it's quite weird that in December 2007, while having dinner at a sushi restaurant, I saw Yuna's legendary tango sp (I am sure the chefs had it on for
    Mao and Miki), and then fell in love with Yuna.

Yuna is just incredible. I never understood why Scott Hamilton wouldn't shut up about how amazing it is to see her live, but yeah now I know. lol.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by french quarter View Post
    Brian Orser has said in an interview he had today that he took a look at the triple-triple in different angles, but that it was difficult to understand the downgrade, saying that the combination was perfect. He also said there had been controversial calls before, and although it might be easy to blame the panel, it is more important to learn more (about how to deal with this), he said.
    Orser is a great coach.
    I'm glad Yu-Na has someone like Orser at times like this.

Medalist
    I do hope the tech team gets penalized. Power (which is currently too much for the tech team IMO) should come with some responsibility, and this kind of mistakes shouldn't be just forgiven & forgotten. Skaters practice their hearts out and this is just not right.

I only remember Yuna's case because the last yr's flip edge call this this DG seem most too obviously absurd ones to me, are given by the same caller, and are confirmed to be wrong by Orser. But now that I'm losing my confidence on the tech calling system, I kinda suspect there must be some patterns of wrong calls for other skaters, which could be either unfairly disadvantageous ones or unfairly advantage ones. I don't have any will or energy to dig them out though.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    It's true that Yu-Na's score was too high if you consider the [color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color] downgrade she received. She is overinflated in several areas of her score, even if she IS probably the most talented lady skating today.

Her score was accurate for the performance she actually gave, though. 65 points with a popped jump is fine, when you consider her amazing 3-3. I would have put her ahead of Miki (who made a mistake on the Layback, remember).

All in all...I wish the edge call idiocy on Yu-Na's Flip wouldn't have happened last year. She should be doing a 3Flip-3Toe combo and a 3Lutz out of footwork, as she always has.

These calls are like Michelle Kwan being told that her Spiral Sequence deserves a penalty.

It simply makes no sense at all and, as a skater, when you are told that one of your BEST elements is actually flawed (when it really isn't)...that seriously messes with your head.
    I just wish she will go back to that for Vancouver. Even IF she gets an edge can (which I doubt she will...favorite at the olympics for god's sake) it is better than falling or popping both of which she has done with the solo flip this season.

BTW that bond program is really growing on me. So nice to hear something familiar yet new. Yet I keep wishing she would wear her hair in a high ponytail. The bun is too uptight for Bond.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    I'm glad Baiul got gold over Kerrigan. She deserved it and I didn't like Kerrigan's bad attitude (especially about Mickey Mouse).

Having watched Yuna's SP in the highest quality I could find on YT, I thought it was a fine performance except for the popped 3F. I don't see how they can call the 3T part of 3Lz/3T combo under rotated. It was a very good jump. Definitely a bad call. But it is what it is. In the kiss and cry, both Yuna and Brian looked a bit surprised by the score. I can't blame them. Nevertheless, I hope this will be a catalyst for Yuna to go all out and smoke the free skate with massive fire. Kick butt tomorrow and show that fire in your belly, Yuna!
    My feeling exactly. This is a sport and especially in Olympic skating, the skaters have to fight and show their mettle. Landing the jumps when the heads are full of negatives voices and legs feel like jelly. All Olympic champions have had to do it. Yuna has not shown that so far in many of her competitions. She has done well even when she makes mistakes but this is an Olympic season and the fighters have the edge. I don't know if she will be able to do that in this GPF free. Mike Ando on the other hand is always in the fighting mode. Scratching and scraping her way to the podium. She did that at the Worlds last year. I think Yuna is an enormous skater. But she needs to learn to fight sooner or later. Or she will not be able to do it at the Olympics.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    OK. What's this I'm hearing about Kim's music being meddled with? Some fans have been analyzing the GPF music and that from TEB and SA and claim that the music leading up to the 3F and the last part (before she spins& then shoots) had quickened (about 1.25 seconds quicker). 1.25 may not sound like much, but apparently that makes all the difference when it comes to timing.

I'm not prone to follow bot conspiracies (although I love Kim, I try to remain objective and discerning), but I did some investigation myself. The music is slightly different. Did the Dream Team change it? Maybe that's what messed her up? (And no, Korean fans, I don't think the Japanese Fed did ANYTHING to it, so don't try to theorize here.)

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by rossdale View Post
    I see huge gap between Miki's mechanical/boring style and Yuna's elegant/exciting style.
    I'd actually do a semi-reversal: Yu-na elegant/boring, and Miki mechanical/exciting. To each his/her own, I guess!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sjwh08 View Post
    I do hope the tech team gets penalized. Power (which is currently too much for the tech team IMO) should come with some responsibility, and this kind of mistakes shouldn't be just forgiven & forgotten. Skaters practice their hearts out and this is just not right.
    Two weeks ago we had the toughest tech team ever at SC and now they are handing out SB like candy. Was Miki's SP really 6 points better than in Russia even with the botched spin? hmmmm.

I'm glad Baiul got gold over Kerrigan. She deserved it and I didn't like Kerrigan's bad attitude (especially about Mickey Mouse).
    Mickey mouse? do tell!

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast