Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Prix Final: Ladies SP

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    And no other skater this season didn't have as high GOE's as Yu-Na even for fully rotated jumps. Yu-Na's GOE's for jumps are always higher than other skaters and this time it was the same
    Does any other skater have the speed, rotation, height, and air-form like YuNa does?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by rossdale View Post
    It is a lame excuse for poor judgement. If human can not do the fair call, please ask machines to take over their jobs. It is cheap to buy high qulality HD TV and just watch it. It is non-sense
    Well, then, please invent the machine to make UR calls and send it over to the ISU as soon as possible.

Also, what I was trying to say before is that even with HD-TV, it is still difficult to objectively determine the exact (or as you say, 1-2 decimal) rotation of a jump with the naked eye, especially within a limited timeframe. Why don't you actually give it a try, and tell me how it goes.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    I think it's most appropriate to stick to the current competition and what we see instead of speculating too far.

Let's not yet go into sinister motivations of judges/tech panelists, and also, do not use the fact that YuNa has had !/e or underrotation calls, before.

Also, I am not that bothered. I just want YuNa to feel glad and happy because she skated well. Miki skated better, but they are both in strong contention to place first, and now it's up to either of them to skate a clean, good LP to win--just like it was in the olden days.

The hoopla over tonight's result goes to show how YuNa IS indeed the queen of the ladies' skating now. Like Michelle was.

I agree YuNa's UR call was way too harsh tonight. Miki skated really well (I loved the fact she had speed), but she could do better. Her 3/3, spins, even more fire.

Can't wait till tomorrow!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Well, then, please invent the machine to make UR calls and send it over to the ISU as soon as possible.

Also, what I was trying to say before is that even with HD-TV, it is still difficult to objectively determine the exact (or as you say, 1-2 decimal) rotation of a jump with the naked eye. Why don't you actually give it a try, and tell me how it goes.
    I will. Thanks for encouraging me

By the way, you are not paying my salary so is there any reason why I need to report my progress? I am just kidding ^^

Quote Originally Posted by hikki View Post
    This reminds me, I still can't get over how the eveil German judge Jan Hoffmanh gave Baiul Gold over Kerrigan!!!!!
    I'm glad Baiul got gold over Kerrigan. She deserved it and I didn't like Kerrigan's bad attitude (especially about Mickey Mouse).

Having watched Yuna's SP in the highest quality I could find on YT, I thought it was a fine performance except for the popped 3F. I don't see how they can call the 3T part of 3Lz/3T combo under rotated. It was a very good jump. Definitely a bad call. But it is what it is. In the kiss and cry, both Yuna and Brian looked a bit surprised by the score. I can't blame them. Nevertheless, I hope this will be a catalyst for Yuna to go all out and smoke the free skate with massive fire. Kick butt tomorrow and show that fire in your belly, Yuna!

Also, what I was trying to say before is that even with HD-TV, it is still difficult to objectively determine the exact (or as you say, 1-2 decimal) rotation of a jump with the naked eye, especially within a limited timeframe. Why don't you actually give it a try, and tell me how it goes.
    Oh, sooooo difficult!

You're right! When I look at YuNa's 3Lz-3T, I can't decide...is it rotated, or underrotated?

And ancient Greek Philosophers thought they asked themselves the hard questions!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    I'm glad Baiul got gold over Kerrigan. She deserved it and I didn't like Kerrigan's bad attitude (especially about Mickey Mouse).

Having watched Yuna's SP in the highest quality I could find on YT, I thought it was a fine performance except for the popped 3F. I don't see how they can call the 3T part of 3Lz/3T combo under rotated. It was a very good jump. Definitely a bad call. But it is what it is. In the kiss and cry, both Yuna and Brian looked a bit surprised by the score. I can't blame them. Nevertheless, I hope this will be a catalyst for Yuna to go all out and smoke the free skate with massive fire. Kick butt tomorrow and show that fire in your belly, Yuna!
    Are you referring to the Disney parade fiasco? LOL
    Yuna will definitely be smokin' tomorrow! I really can't wait!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by rossdale View Post

By the way, you are not paying my salary so is there any reason why I need to report my progress? I am just kidding ^^
    No, I was asking you to try determining the exact rotation of a jump, down to 1 or 2 decimal places, using only your eyes on an HD-TV in a limited amount of time (like no more than 3-4 minutes).

It's not as easy as you think it is.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    So Yu-Na Kim's problems with the 3flip continue and she has another one planned for the LP and very likely no 3loop too . . . WOW, I dare think Miki Ando has a legitimate chance to win this now!

Great for Alena Leonova setting herself up as the forefront challenger for the European title this season. I hope she achieves it!
    Last edited by museksk8r; 12-04-2009 at 09:44 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    Phoenix, I randomly mentioned the judge Jan Hoffman to point out how some people bring up old issues when they're irrelevant. But yes, the Mickey Mouse incident! Didn't she say something like "I don't need to be here?" Oh the drama of the 90's.... Ok I'll stop here as this is off topic.

Custom Title
    Does any other skater have the speed, rotation, height, and air-form like YuNa does?
    You didn't understand me. I agree with Yu-Na's GOE's and have nothing against it. The question was that "no other skater got more than +1 GOE with a downgraded jump this season" and I just explained what I think. Yu-Na always has higher GOE's (and she deserves it) and this time it was the same

Custom Title
    Oh, sooooo difficult!

You're right! When I look at YuNa's 3Lz-3T, I can't decide...is it rotated, or underrotated?

And ancient Greek Philosophers thought they asked themselves the hard questions!

Ok, time to clear things up. Firstly, read this post I posted earlier: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...071#post437071

Oh, and if you think that it's perfectly easy to objectively and correctly determine the exact rotation of a jump down to 1-2 decimal places using only one's eyes in an extremely limited time frame....good for you. I'm sure the ISU would love to have you on their tech panels.

No, I was asking you to try determining the exact rotation of a jump, down to 1 or 2 decimal places, using only your eyes on an HD-TV in a limited amount of time (like no more than 3-4 minutes).

It's not as easy as you think it is.
    Of course it is hard and the truth is that it feels subjective at times. I think they are getting way too strict. They should ding the jumps that can clearly be seen as urs and leave the rest alone. i feel the same about edge calls too. The obvious one's should get dinged and the one's that are harder to tell just leave alone.

These calls will have the opposite effect of CoP trying to make the sport more athletic - as certain skaters and coaches will try for less
    Last edited by janetfan; 12-04-2009 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hikki View Post
    Phoenix, I randomly mentioned the judge Jan Hoffman to point out how some people bring up old issues when they're irrelevant. But yes, the Mickey Mouse incident! Didn't she say something like "I don't need to be here?" Oh the drama of the 90's.... Ok I'll stop here as this is off topic.
    Yeah, bringing up past dubious judging decisions is irrelevant.

But then again, so is deflecting the bad tech panel's judgment in DG'ing YuNa's 3-3 combination into things like "oh........but YuNa's been downgraded before (NOT on a jump like this, Mr/Ms. Genius)" and "but, it's so hard to see the difference between 89 and 91 degrees of underrotation!" (uhhh, but YuNa's nowhere near that range, Ms. Objective.)

Ok, time to clear things up. Firstly, read this post I posted earlier: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...071#post437071

Oh, and if you think that it's perfectly easy to objectively and correctly determine the exact rotation of a jump down to 1-2 decimal places using only one's eyes in an extremely limited time frame....good for you. I'm sure the ISU would love to have you on their tech panels.
    I see you're a student of Professor Strawman.

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast