Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Prix Final: Ladies SP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by rossdale View Post
    Acutally, that is a very good point. My proposal lacks of solution for pre rotation. I will think more and come up with solutions. Please keep providing any positive feedbacks.
    Why, that's what I love about this "device"! Prerotation should be regarded as well when it comes to DG imo. Some skaters won't like the way though.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciana View Post
    I think it's unfair Wagner's and Kim's are downgraded.
    Kim maybe, but not Wagner. Her 2A was visiably underrotated

Quote Originally Posted by lolita90 View Post
    I think sincerely that Yuna Kim is over-evaluated.
    There are no doubts that her score (over 70's!!) is too inflated. In SA and GPX she even deserved less than 60's... plz.. she can't jump a normal 3F (only with wrong edge) and what about 3loops...
    She is as normal as other skaters that participate in this competition..
    I can't understand why you guys are complaining so much.
    Wow.

I'm astounded you know better than Arakawa Shizuka.

Did anything suggest that Yuna is somehow abnormal? Please do share.

Custom Title
    Yuna SP: (No commentary from SkateBuzz or NBC)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLr1uX_X1GA

This video at end have a slow mo for her triple-triple.

Having watched this performance and her TEB & SA performances again. There was a slight difference. Yuna is not as straight in the air for the 3T today, thus I think that is why the judges gave her an UR. Yuna was lending forward slightly in her 3T. It happened very quickly. Her 3T in TEB & SA is much straighter in the air.

A skater's aerial position can also effect an UR.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lolita90 View Post
    I think sincerely that Yuna Kim is over-evaluated.
    There are no doubts that her score (over 70's!!) is too inflated. In SA and GPX she even deserved less than 60's... plz.. she can't jump a normal 3F (only with wrong edge) and what about 3loops...
    She is as normal as other skaters that participate in this competition..
    I can't understand why you guys are complaining so much.
    Have you seen her game live? I had thought that Yuna was over-evaluated compared to other skaters before I watched her game live at 2008 Skate America. I was totally blown away with her quality jumps and elegant performances. She was truely special and I became her fan. When I watched her game on TV, I thought that Yuna was as good as other top skaters. However, it is not. There is a clear difference in her Jumps and other skaters' jumps. She was flying while others were jumping. I would recommend you to watch her game live. If you have seen it and still think that she is over-evaluted, then so be it. I dont think you would though.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    Kim maybe, but not Wagner. Her 2A was visiably underrotated
    Really?
    However, comparing with Ando's 2 loop, I think it's acceptable.
    IMO, Ando's 3luts looks like Kim's 3t and her second 2 loop looks like Wagner's 2 axel. But she didn't get downgraded and even got high goe.

The techs should be fair to every player not think about where they are.
    Last edited by Luciana; 12-04-2009 at 10:22 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by rossdale View Post
    Have you seen her game live? I had thought that Yuna was over-evaluated compared to other skaters before I watched her game live at 2008 Skate America. I was totally blown away with her quality jumps and elegant performances. She was truely special and I became her fan. When I watched her game on TV, I thought that Yuna was as good as other top skaters. However, it is not. There is a clear difference in her Jumps and other skaters' jumps. She was flying while others were jumping. I would recommend you to watch her game live. If you have seen it and still think that she is over-evaluted, then so be it. I dont think you would though.
    100% Agreed. Oh, and I love your new technology plan. LOL If I had money, I'd fund ya!

Btw, I am so jealous that you went to SA 2008!!! I can't believe I missed my chance of seeing Danse Macabre and Scheherezade live........ ARG. Why didn't I go...??? I could have skipped one day of school......... LOL.. Oh boy. Did you go to SA 2009?
    I really really hope that Yuna won't retire after this season, and I hope she continues to come to SA, cuz I will be there!!!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by justaskatingfan View Post
    Look at where the landing skate boot was pointing just before the quick twist on her 3T landing( usually when the blade made contact with the ice) and it does suggest UR.
    If you say so, how about Miki's 3-2?

Accroding to your words, she should have got not 3-2 but 2-1.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestMoon View Post
    Yuna SP: (No commentary from SkateBuzz or NBC)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLr1uX_X1GA

This video at end have a slow mo for her triple-triple.

Having watched this performance and her TEB & SA performances again. There was a slight difference. Yuna is not as straight in the air for the 3T today, thus I think that is why the judges gave her an UR. Yuna was lending forward slightly in her 3T. It happened very quickly. Her 3T in TEB & SA is much straighter in the air.

A skater's aerial position can also effect an UR.

Air position can affect GOE not UR.

Custom Title
    Really?
    However, comparing with Ando's 2 loop, I think it's acceptable.
    IMO, Ando's 3luts looks like Kim's 3t and her second 2 loop looks like Wagner's 2 axel. But she didn't get downgraded and got high goe.

The techs should be fair to every players not think about where they are.
    How could 2 loop look like 2.5 axel?

Maybe 2L can look like 1A?

(since 1A is really 1.5 rotations)

Tripping on the Podium

I mean how and where to land. It is related UR.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by figurejennah View Post
    100% Agreed. Oh, and I love your new technology plan. LOL If I had money, I'd fund ya!

Btw, I am so jealous that you went to SA 2008!!! I can't believe I missed my chance of seeing Danse Macabre and Scheherezade live........ ARG. Why didn't I go...??? I could have skipped one day of school......... LOL.. Oh boy. Did you go to SA 2009?
    I really really hope that Yuna won't retire after this season, and I hope she continues to come to SA, cuz I will be there!!!
    I missed SA2009. I live in west coast and Lake Placid was to far for me. I would like to go Vancouver Olympics if I find a decent priced ticket. People are asking more than 1000 bucks per game. I can not afford it.
    However I will definitely attend her next game in America.

Air position can affect GOE not UR.
    Ditto. That is my understanding as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hikki View Post
    From icenetwork news
    "I saw in slow motion in the kiss and cry the triple-triple and I thought it was not downgraded, so I don't know what happened," Kim said. "I will check my performance today in the hotel. I think it was a good fight. Maybe I can forget about it tomorrow."
    I'm really getting tired of incorrect translations and added detail that wasn't there from the media. Let me directly translate her comments in the interview after the program:

"First, prior to the start of the performance, I think I was a bit nervous and upset from falling in the Lutz during the warm up but I thought I had jumped the first jump (combination) well and also... even when I watched it in slow motion while sitting in the kiss and cry I thought it was fine... but I think I need to verify it again... I think I need to verify how the second jump was downgraded again. However, I thought I did the rest of the program well without losing concentration."

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast