Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 499

Thread: Grand Prix Final: Ladies SP

  1. #301
    Custom Title Nadia01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by rossdale View Post
    I missed SA2009. I live in west coast and Lake Placid was to far for me. I would like to go Vancouver Olympics if I find a decent priced ticket. People are asking more than 1000 bucks per game. I can not afford it.
    However I will definitely attend her next game in America.
    You make me sad b/c I think I'll never get to see her skate live at this rate. :(

    Yuna skates too far from where I am...I could've gone to Tokyo I suppose, but *sob* This year's just impossible.
    Last edited by Nadia01; 12-04-2009 at 10:28 AM.

  2. #302
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by figurejennah View Post
    I can't believe I got up this early to watch GPF.... ugh.

    Anyway.... I think her 3T was downgraded........... sigh.
    First, her perfect 3F that used to get +2 GOE got edge calls, and
    now they are attacking her 3T.

    I don't know... if Kim's 3T should be downgraded, then show me a better 3T.
    I don't think the 3T was <. The flip worth 5.5 and she normally get +1 to +2 GOE so far on her two previous GP event. That's 7.5 to her score, and you might notice her PCS mark is also about 2 points lower. So 65+ with a poped jump is pretty good and fair.

    You have to remember skater got nail -3GOE on not fulfilling require element. that include poped jump, double jump or failing on combo.

  3. #303
    Custom Title Nadia01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    I don't think the 3T was <. The flip worth 5.5 and she normally get +1 to +2 GOE so far on her two previous GP event. That's 7.5 to her score, and you might notice her PCS mark is also about 2 points lower. So 65+ with a poped jump is pretty good and fair.

    You have to remember skater got nail -3GOE on not fulfilling require element. that include poped jump, double jump or failing on combo.
    Tech caller DG'd her 3T. So her SP score is low accordingly.

  4. #304
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by rossdale View Post
    I missed SA2009. I live in west coast and Lake Placid was to far for me. I would like to go Vancouver Olympics if I find a decent priced ticket. People are asking more than 1000 bucks per game. I can not afford it.
    However I will definitely attend her next game in America.
    I know. more than 1000 bucks, right?
    My canadian friend said she won a ticket to men's figure skating from
    lottery or something. Sob. Let's hope that Yuna won't retire after this season, and hopefully she will come back to SA.

  5. #305
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    You make me sad b/c I think I'll never get to see her skate live at this rate. :(

    Yuna skates too far from where I am...I could've gone to Tokyo I suppose, but *sob* This year's just impossible.
    Where do you live? You GOTTA go see her live. That was some experience I tell ya. I am a girl, too, but Yuna was soooooooo stunningly beautiful that I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Seriously, before she retires, just
    get a ticket and Go. If she doesn't retire after this season, I am willing to
    go anywhere she goes.

  6. #306
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciana View Post
    Air position can affect GOE not UR.
    I am talking about the mechanics, not points. A skater can under rotate or even fall if their air position is a bit off.

    It's not habitual issue it is more of checking in and out of a jump. A skater like Yuna, who has so much speed, have to be careful because if anything is off in jump entry or exit, it can throw off their air position.

  7. #307
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by figurejennah View Post
    Let's hope that Yuna won't retire after this season, and hopefully she will come back to SA.
    My sentiment exactly!! I attended both 2008 and 2009 SA. Because I live in southern part it cost a lot both times but watching your favorite skater live is really priceless. If only Sasha'd been there too.... sigh

  8. #308
    Custom Title Nadia01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by figurejennah View Post
    Where do you live? You GOTTA go see her live. That was some experience I tell ya. I am a girl, too, but Yuna was soooooooo stunningly beautiful that I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Seriously, before she retires, just
    get a ticket and Go. If she doesn't retire after this season, I am willing to
    go anywhere she goes.
    I live in Japan, but I live too far from Tokyo to travel there. (at least 4 hrs by the fastest Shink...) And this year's just crazy for me.

    I'd love to see her live. Maybe her ice show in Korea....

    I hope she doesn't retire, but at the same time I can understand if she does given her past injuries, etc. (And the crappy DG calls!)

  9. #309
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciana View Post
    I mean how and where to land. It is related UR.
    OK, but 2 loop has 2 rotations when 2 axel has 2.5. And if axel look like 2 loop, of corse axel is UR. Anyway, Ashley's 2A was UR I can tell it for sure (and she has the same problem at the Rostelecom cup, it's not the first time). As for Miki's loop I didn't notice that something was wrong with it

  10. #310
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestMoon View Post
    I am talking about the mechanics, not points. A skater can under rotate or even fall if their air position is a bit off.

    It's not habitual issue it is more of checking in and out of a jump. A skater like Yuna, who has so much speed, have to be careful because if anything is off in jump entry or exit, it can throw off their air position.
    I don't understand your point.
    Anyway, Kim rotated fully though your theory is right. What's the problem?
    Last edited by Luciana; 12-04-2009 at 10:53 AM.

  11. #311
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestMoon View Post
    I am talking about the mechanics, not points. A skater can under rotate or even fall if their air position is a bit off.
    In theory, this may be a correct comment in the sense that good air position may result in good landing. But in evaluating a particular jump which has already been executed, air position has nothing to do with DG.

  12. #312
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by lolita90 View Post
    I think sincerely that Yuna Kim is over-evaluated.
    There are no doubts that her score (over 70's!!) is too inflated. In SA and GPX she even deserved less than 60's... plz.. she can't jump a normal 3F (only with wrong edge) and what about 3loops...
    She is as normal as other skaters that participate in this competition..
    I can't understand why you guys are complaining so much.


    Well...the same old story that I've been hearing since I got interested in figure skating because of Yuna(I'm Korean).

    I'm not that surprised at the score Yu-na got today(It's not the first time - not just for Yu-na) but feel sorry for her and Orser not because she's the 2nd in the SP but because she, I think, feels more nervous than before this competition, her last competition before the Olympics.

    Frankly speaking, I don't care about the color of medal in Olympcis or the international ranking, but I do care about the other factors whcih may affect the performance of skaters and my joy of watching/learing about figure skaing - scoring system, media, or Anti-fans, etc....

    I just hope that Yuna will beat her anxiety and will do her best in her LP as she always wants.

    You did a good job! Miki, Yu-na and Leonova...


    Sorry for my poor English.

  13. #313
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    OK, but 2 loop has 2 rotations when 2 axel has 2.5. And if axel look like 2 loop, of corse axel is UR. Anyway, Ashley's 2A was UR I can tell it for sure (and she has the same problem at the Rostelecom cup, it's not the first time). As for Miki's loop I didn't notice that something was wrong with it
    I don't mean intro and rotation but landing.

    Their landing point and degree is so similar.
    And usually prerotation is not so important but landing degree is critical judging UR. (I learned it here. If it is wrong, tell me and explain how to judge UR.)
    I'm not sure when but Ando also got downgraded 2 loop because of landing degree.

  14. #314
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciana View Post
    I don't mean intro and rotation but landing.

    Their landing point and degree is so similar.
    And usually prerotation is not so important but landing degree is critical judging UR. (I learned it here. If it is wrong, tell me and explain how to judge UR.)
    I'm not sure when but Ando also got downgraded 2 loop because of landing degree.
    Yes, landing degree is critical judging UR. But it's incorrect to compare different jumps like axel and loop. You can compare, for example, Miki's or Alena's or Yu-Na's 2A with Ashley's (you can try and see that it was UR), but not loop. And there's also can depend on camera's angle too

  15. #315
    Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    813
    I don't see what all of the fuss is about over Yuna's 3T. It was most certainly not her best, and in the slow-mo you can see that she landed FORWARDS people. So stop your whining because for once this season, a ladies free skate is actually going to be exciting.

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •