Grand Prix Final: Ladies SP | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Final: Ladies SP

shine

Record Breaker
You should buy a pair of glasses. You need to corrrect your eye-sight. Do you have a decent health insurance to cover it?

I think it's time you crawled back to your Kim Uberdom now. Or go back to Youtube.

Watch more figure skating. And you'll know Pricess Kim Yuna is not the only skater in the world who has ever gotten questionable/unfair UR calls. And no, she's not perfect.

Last edited:

aurora100

Final Flight
The tech panel downgraded her; it's said and done. Tomorrow with the LP is a new day. Yu-Na must put this behind her and skate her best. End of story!

Totally agree. In all post competition interviews this season, she says she has learned and she will move on....but I don't think she does. She has carried her flip problem from Paris to Lake Placid and now in Tokyo. She's gotta shake it and get it out of her heads. Just know in her heart how capable she is and remember only how well she can and does do the jumps in practice and put them on the ice when it counts. I keep my fingers crossed that she will triumph in the Long.

inside edge

On the Ice
Just watched on Universal Sports. IMO the judging seems correct. Just because Miki was "clean" doesn't mean she should be miles ahead of Yuna, because that assumes everything else is equal, and it's not. For example, Yuna's layback looked to have four features, so it should have gotten level 4. Miki's layback had one feature (8 revs in one position) so it should have gotten level 1, and my guess is it also got minus GOEs. Then Miki's PCS were probably affected because she stood there for an eternity before the steps -- obviously that layback was supposed to have more features (sideways-leaning spin was one she attempted but didn't hold for the required 3 revs since it was badly centered from the start), but she exited early and the music had to catch up.

Miki skated great, for sure, and deserves to be 1st, but Yuna's basic skating -- her posture, especially -- is so much better. JMHO.

she stood there for an eternity before the steps :rofl::rofl::rofl:
A nbc commentator also said

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
I think it's time you crawled back to your Kim Uberdom now. Or go back to Youtube.

Watch more figure skating. And you'll know Pricess Kim Yuna is not the only skater in the world who has ever gotten questionable/unfair UR calls. And no, she's not perfect.

True fans don't say that kinda stuff. Simply ignore ;)

Mickey mouse? do tell!

Right after the 1994 Olympics, Nancy K. was in a parade at Disney World. In fact, I think she rushed home and skipped the Olympic closing ceremonies to do it. She had a big million dollar endorsement contract with Disney.

When she was up on the platform with Mickey Mouse she said, "This is dumb. I hate it. This is the corniest thing I have ever done." This was picked up on the microphone, and Nancy caught some flack for being ungracious to Mickey.

Disney takes a dim view of anyone dissing the Mouse. :laugh:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^^Yeah Nancy had already put her foot in her mouth earlier at the Olympics when she was overheard dissing Oskana for taking too long to come out for the medal ceremony (apparently Oskana was fixing her make up because of all her tears) Maybe someone remembers. It was broadcasted live on t.v. and I was watching but I am having a brain freeze and cannot remember the exact words. It was all over the news the next day. Then she goes and disses Mickey. Disney and Mickey were a much better fit with Michelle than with Nancy.

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
^^Yeah Nancy had already put her foot in her mouth earlier at the Olympics when she was overheard dissing Oskana for taking too long to come out for the medal ceremony (apparently Oskana was fixing her make up because of all her tears) Maybe someone remembers. It was broadcasted live on t.v. and I was watching but I am having a brain freeze and cannot remember the exact words. It was all over the news the next day. Then she goes and disses Mickey. Disney and Mickey were a much better fit with Michelle than with Nancy.

I think it was along the lines of "What's the point? She's just going to cry again."

R.D.

Record Breaker
Right after the 1994 Olympics, Nancy K. was in a parade at Disney World. In fact, I think she rushed home and skipped the Olympic closing ceremonies to do it. She had a big million dollar endorsement contract with Disney.

When she was up on the platform with Mickey Mouse she said, "This is dumb. I hate it. This is the corniest thing I have ever done." This was picked up on the microphone, and Nancy caught some flack for being ungracious to Mickey.

Disney takes a dim view of anyone dissing the Mouse. :laugh:

Man, I don't know whether to :rofl: or what...

rossdale

Match Penalty

You do not make any sense. Pricess Kim Yuna is not the only skater in the world who has ever gotten questionable/unfair UR calls ---> this is the exact reason why I need to ask ISU to perform post morterm of the wrong DG. Otherwise, it never gets improved. You can just live with unfairness but I am not happy and I will fight for it.

skatingbc

Final Flight
You do not make any sense. Pricess Kim Yuna is not the only skater in the world who has ever gotten questionable/unfair UR calls ---> this is the exact reason why I need to ask ISU to perform post morterm of the wrong DG. Otherwise, it never gets improved. You can just live with unfairness but I am not happy and I will fight for it.

I'm hoping this is meant to be sarcasm? Otherwise...um...:rofl:

I've heard about these crazy Yuna-bots. Am I in the presence of one?

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:biggrin: I remember that Kerrigan quote, darkestmoon..it came after some pacing and looking annoyed. Skaters please take note..it's also a bad idea to wear a gold costume as if you've got it in the bag and then appear ungracious when you lose.To add to weirdness of it all ,they couldn't find the Ukrainian anthem..I'm sure that spawned a few conspiracy theories...Then, after Nancy's Mickey slip-up , Oksana was quoted in the press saying she loved Mickey (and Disneyland )..Oh, the good old days !

skatingpunk

Rinkside
:biggrin: I remember that Kerrigan quote, darkestmoon..it came after some pacing and looking annoyed. Skaters please take note..it's also a bad idea to wear a gold costume as if you've got it in the bag and then appear ungracious when you lose.To add to weirdness of it all ,they couldn't find the Ukrainian anthem..I'm sure that spawned a few conspiracy theories...Then, after Nancy's Mickey slip-up , Oksana was quoted in the press saying she loved Mickey (and Disneyland )..Oh, the good old days !

And let's not forget her star-turn hosting Saturday Night Live... :yes:

Phoenix347

Final Flight
As much as I felt bad for Kerrigan getting whacked on the knee by Tonya's thugs, she didn't endear herself by bad mouthing Oksana at the medal ceremony and the unnecessary comment at the Disney parade. I'm sure they paid her very well for the appearance and isn't it an honor to be asked to do that? I also always felt Kristy Yamaguchi got jiff on endorsement especially compared to Kerrigan. Kristy won a OGM and two world championship plus a US championship. Kerrigan got a silver at the Olympics and no world championship and one US championship. And IMO Kristy has a nicer personality. Oh well, at least Kristy won Dancing with the stars. Wouldn't it be fun if they had a special Dancing with the stars only with past figure skating champions? That might get their competitive juices flowing again!!

Edit: Possible nominees for Figure Skating Dancing with the Stars

Hmmmm let's see... how about (remember this is for a US audience):

Michelle Kwan
Brian Boitano
Torvil and Dean (okay they might be a bit too old)
Ekaterina Gordeeva
Elvis Stojko
Plushenko (wouldn't that be delicious? He could point #1 during his dance!)
Sasha Cohen
Jamie Sele/David Pelletier
Grishuk/Platov
Arakawa (her English might limit her here)
Todd Eldredge
Kurt Browning (he can bring his ballerina wife)
etc..

Last edited:

reynycpr

On the Ice
Possible nominees for Figure Skating Dancing with the Stars

Michelle Kwan
Brian Boitano
Ekaterina Gordeeva
Elvis Stojko
Sasha Cohen
Grishuk/Platov
Todd Eldredge
etc..

Well considering that Lil' Kim was a convicted felon and she made it and did so well (in dwts), then Figure Skating Dancing with the Stars would have Nicole Bobek ...I mean...maybe after she gets out of prison...(if shes guilty that is)...shame.

Still a Bobek fan:clap: ..of the skating that is...not that other stuff :no: (allegedly).

Last edited:

jcoates

Medalist
As much as I felt bad for Kerrigan getting whacked on the knee by Tonya's thugs, she didn't endear herself by bad mouthing Oksana at the medal ceremony and the unnecessary comment at the Disney parade. I'm sure they paid her very well for the appearance and isn't it an honor to be asked to do that? I also always felt Kristy Yamaguchi got jiff on endorsement especially compared to Kerrigan. Kristy won a OGM and two world championship plus a US championship. Kerrigan got a silver at the Olympics and no world championship and one US championship. And IMO Kristy has a nicer personality. Oh well, at least Kristy won Dancing with the stars. Wouldn't it be fun if they had a special Dancing with the stars only with past figure skating champions? That might get their competitive juices flowing again!!

Edit: Possible nominees for Figure Skating Dancing with the Stars

Michelle Kwan
Brian Boitano
Ekaterina Gordeeva
Elvis Stojko
Sasha Cohen
Grishuk/Platov
Todd Eldredge
etc..

Torvill and Dean are both still in great shape. Look up the videos of them on their UK show, Dancing on Ice. They still perform, frequently to popular music and the show itself is modeled after DWTS/Strictly Come Dancing.

They might actually have too much of an advantage. :yes:

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Well considering that Lil' Kim was a convicted felon and she made it and did so well (in dwts), then Figure Skating Dancing with the Stars would have Nicole Bobek ...I mean...maybe after she gets out of prison...(if shes guilty that is)...shame.

Still a Bobek fan:clap: ..of the skating that is...not that other stuff :no: (allegedly).

Does that mean we should also invite Tonya Harding (even if she was never convicted of anything)? :laugh: I guess it would be okay as long as she promise not to have one of her Dancing with the Stars competitors whacked on the knee! :chorus:

Torvill and Dean are both still in great shape. Look up the videos of them on their UK show, Dancing on Ice. They still perform, frequently to popular music and the show itself is modeled after DWTS/Strictly Come Dancing.

I didn't know that... then they should definitely be invited! Even if they have an unfair advantages... in which we'll just have to split them up.