Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 499

Thread: Grand Prix Final: Ladies SP

  1. #451
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    The tech panel downgraded her; it's said and done. Tomorrow with the LP is a new day. Yu-Na must put this behind her and skate her best. End of story!
    museksk8r.

    If you get a ticket which you dont deserve to get, what would you do? Can you just forget about it and move on? I am not the person who can forget about unfairness. It is really frustrating if you say me to do so.

    Unfairness can happen again if I dont fix it now.
    When I identify a problem. I need to fix it. That's my attitude.

    If you dont want to talk about it anymore, just stop writting threads. It is THAT simple. I am not happy with the decision and I will keep talking and complaining about it until it is fixed.

  2. #452
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestMoon View Post
    Most of the top ladies have at least four years of CoP programs and training under their belts; some even a bit more. The CoP (combined with the skaters' competitive drives) is physically exhausting and of course, during the Olympic year, athletes train harder, instead of smarter. The fatigue is going to set in eventually. After this season, I wouldn't be surprised if the next season is going to start rather slow.
    I just hope they all find their way by the time the Olympics begin. I guess we fans just have to be patient for our beloved athletes to peak and show us what they really are capable of in Vancouver. *HOPES*

  3. #453
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,951
    Yuna's 3-3 downgrade was bogus, but that's hardly the CoP's biggest problem. Last year's nationals, when Alissa beat Rachael, I was so mad. How many successful triples did Alissa do in her long? 3. How many did Rachael do? 7. NBD. Also Joannie's massive scores at SC, 182.90 after doing a LP with 3 clean triples? Yeah... And Laura Lepisto beating Mirai? I think Laura did 2 clean triples!

    The ladies short here is another example. I though Ashley, Akiko, Leonova, and Miki (Joannie maybe too, though she had a few more mistakes) should all have gotten basically the same score. There programs were all pretty much equal and yet there is a 12 point gap between Ashley and Miki. Am I the only one who thinks the judging has become unpredictable and very random?

  4. #454
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by rossdale View Post
    Jumps are not the only requirement for SP. There are spins, steps and PCSs. You are still missing my point. I am talking about DGing her jump.
    No. I'm not still missing your point. I'm elaborating on RD and museks8r's points. In fact, it seems like you're selectively reading when the answers are already given but let's go through what I can:

    1. Yes there are other reqs in the SP. The fact is that she missed her jump and jumps are bigger point getters for the SP. That's why R.D. and musesks8r are confused.

    2. Her 3T was DG but she still got +Goe because she didn't have the double penalty. How is that so hard to understand? I already explained it.
    Last edited by DarkestMoon; 12-04-2009 at 10:10 PM.

  5. #455
    Custom Title Phoenix347's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Yuna's 3-3 downgrade was bogus, but that's hardly the CoP's biggest problem. Last year's nationals, when Alissa beat Rachael, I was so mad. How many successful triples did Alissa do in her long? 3. How many did Rachael do? 7. NBD. Also Joannie's massive scores at SC, 182.90 after doing a LP with 3 clean triples? Yeah... And Laura Lepisto beating Mirai? I think Laura did 2 clean triples!

    The ladies short here is another example. I though Ashley, Akiko, Leonova, and Miki (Joannie maybe too, though she had a few more mistakes) should all have gotten basically the same score. There programs were all pretty much equal and yet there is a 12 point gap between Ashley and Miki. Am I the only one who thinks the judging has become unpredictable and very random?
    I think you do have some points here. Lepisto should not have beaten Mirai in SC. Akiko was probably too underscored... as she often is. However, I do think Miki was a step better then those ladies over all.

  6. #456
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I just hope they all find their way by the time the Olympics begin. I guess we fans just have to be patient for our beloved athletes to peak and show us what they really are capable of in Vancouver. *HOPES*
    Me too. They can't control when they peak but certainly proper body prep can help. Then again, during the night of their competitions, I wouldn't be surprised if adrenaline kicks in and eliminates any fatigue.

    If you get a ticket which you dont deserve to get, what would you do? Can you just forget about it and move on? I am not the person who can forget about unfairness. It is really frustrating if you say me to do so.
    In the US, you can petition the ticket in court and the fine will get reduced if the judge finds the ticket unreasonable. Most tickets are hardly ever erased.

  7. #457
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestMoon View Post
    No. I'm not still missing your point. I'm elaborating on RD and museks8r's points. In fact, it seems like you're selectively reading when the answers are already given but let's go through what I can:

    1. The SP reqs are: a combo jump consisting of at least one triple jump.(either a 3-2 or a 3-3 but not 3-1s), steps into a solo triple, a double axel and a layback spin. These are the traditional requirements of the SP. Of course, you'll add in the spins, steps, and spirals but the aforementioned reqs in the previous sentences are the defining elements of the SP. The fact is that she missed her jump and jumps are bigger point getters. That's why R.D. and musesks8r are confused.

    2. Her 3T was DG but she still got +Goe because she didn't have the double penalty. How is that so hard to understand? I already explained it.
    Yuna did miss her triple flip. Other than that, all of her performances were as great as before. Let's not talk about whether 65 is good score or not for now. To me it is not as important as DG call.

    Let me ask you one very important question. You appear to have decent knowledge about figure skating. Can you explain why Yuna's 3-3 jump is down graded to 3-2? Are you agreeing with techinical specialist call? or not? If you do, please provide me the reason. Majority of people can not get the DG call. Also more frustrating thing is inconsistency. Please do not provide lame excuse that human can make mistake.

  8. #458
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by rossdale View Post
    Yuna did miss her triple flip. Other than that, all of her performances were as great as before. Let's not talk about whether 65 is good score or not for now. To me it is not as important as DG call.

    Let me ask you one very important question. You appear to have decent knowledge about figure skating. Can you explain why Yuna's 3-3 jump is down graded to 3-2? Are you agreeing with techinical specialist call? or not? If you do, please provide me the reason. Majority of people can not get the DG call. Also more frustrating thing is inconsistency. Please do not provide lame excuse that human can make mistake.
    Rossdale, can't you see that some people here are in fact absolutely thrilled that Yuna got downgrades? Why do you think Yuna is the only one who has "Is Yuna's score inflated" thread....?

    I can't agree with you more about this DG issue. It's unfair and shameful. I honestly think that if Yuna should be punished with downgrades on her beautiful 3-3, then no one should ever get full credit for her 3-3. I asked earlier if there was an example of a better 3-3 than Yuna's and no one has replied. The simple truth is that Yuna's 3-3 is perfect, and it will always be. It is not just my personal opinion, and I have quotes to back it up from Shizuka Arakawa, Kristi Yamaguki, Scott Hamilton, Michelle Kwan, etc. I am sure these people know about skating just a little. lol

    I, too, don't care about her score, because it is true that she missed the 3Flip. However, the fact that she got DG really depresses me.

    Why don't they go ahead and give level 1 for Caroline and Alissa's spin and spiral sequence? Woo hoo
    Last edited by figurejennah; 12-04-2009 at 10:26 PM.

  9. #459
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by rossdale View Post
    Let me ask you one very important question. You appear to have decent knowledge about figure skating. Can you explain why Yuna's 3-3 jump is down graded to 3-2? Are you agreeing with techinical specialist call? or not? If you do, please provide me the reason. Majority of people can not get the DG call. Also more frustrating thing is inconsistency. Please do not provide lame excuse that human can make mistake.
    The reasoning is her 3T looks within the grey area upon landing. She slightly wiggles her blade when she lands on her 3T. I keep watching the replays and I think I'm going to agree. Sometimes even two-footed jumps are DG. Yu-na's 3lz-3toe was the best at Eric Bompard so far.

    I'm even sure what you mean by "Majority of people can not get the DG call." Many do.

  10. #460
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,926
    Quote Originally Posted by rossdale View Post
    I will keep talking and complaining about it until it is fixed.
    You are in for a long night, then. Because this call will never get fixed, no matter what we write on the Internet.

    Go Yu-na in the long Program!

  11. #461
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by figurejennah View Post
    I can't agree with you more about this DG issue. It's unfair and shameful. I honestly think that if Yuna should be punished with downgrades on her beautiful 3-3, then no one should ever get full credit for her 3-3. I asked earlier if there was an example of a better 3-3 than Yuna's and no one has replied. The simple truth is that Yuna's 3-3 is perfect, and it will always be.
    I, too, don't care about her score, because it is true that she missed the 3Flip. However, the fact that she got DG really depresses me.

    Why don't they go ahead and give level 1 for Caroline and Alissa's spin and spiral sequence? Woo hoo
    1. Couldn't find hers without the extra, though, UR 3loop but none the less a beautiful 3-3 (-3):

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SauJK...eature=related

    or this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXOyulOyTW0

    A plethora of some good looking 3-3. (Some others not counting, despite all being ratified)

    2. Life carries on.

    3. They already have for Caroline. Look at previous protocols.

    Good night!
    Last edited by DarkestMoon; 12-04-2009 at 10:39 PM.

  12. #462
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    311
    Sigh, I will have to pull an all nighter in order to watch pairs, mens and ladies...
    Glad that it's saturday tho..
    Just hope everyone will get what they deserve.
    Last edited by ehdtkqorl123; 12-04-2009 at 10:40 PM.

  13. #463
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by figurejennah View Post
    Rossdale, can't you see that some people here are in fact absolutely thrilled that Yuna got downgrades? Why do you think Yuna is the only one who has "Is Yuna's score inflated" thread....?

    I can't agree with you more about this DG issue. It's unfair and shameful. I honestly think that if Yuna should be punished with downgrades on her beautiful 3-3, then no one should ever get full credit for her 3-3. I asked earlier if there was an example of a better 3-3 than Yuna's and no one has replied. The simple truth is that Yuna's 3-3 is perfect, and it will always be. It is not just my personal opinion, and I have quotes to back it up from Shizuka Arakawa, Kristi Yamaguki, Scott Hamilton, Michelle Kwan, etc. I am sure these people know about skating just a little. lol

    I, too, don't care about her score, because it is true that she missed the 3Flip. However, the fact that she got DG really depresses me.

    Why don't they go ahead and give level 1 for Caroline and Alissa's spin and spiral sequence? Woo hoo
    '''
    figurejennah

    Now I am SO~~~ relieved that you agree with unfairness of DG.

    Let me tell you my answer to your question
    <Why do you think Yuna is the only one who has "Is Yuna's score inflated" thread....? >
    Yuna is the only one who get such treads because she gets the highest score everytime she competes. She is almost unbeatable. I feel pity for other skaters. I gotta tell you that I think Mao is really an unlucky lady. She could have been anunbeatable champion if she were born in differnt time.

    In my opinion, Yuna's score is not inflated at all. However, I do not want to force other people to agree with me. You know why? It is like comparing D color diamond to F color diamonds. They look identical for people who can not discern the values. However, they are top to bottom in term of prices for GIA experts. ^^

    figurejennah, You love figure skating, dont you? Have you ever seen Yuna's game in live? If not, I would like to suggest to do so. I was not one of her fans till I saw her in SA2008. I hope she attends SA one more time in 2010 so that I can watch her games again. This time I could not go to Lake Placide
    Last edited by rossdale; 12-04-2009 at 10:44 PM.

  14. #464
    Rink Rat i love to skate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,477
    There is also Carolina's FANTASTIC 3-3 from 2007 Worlds:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qSCT15IRpU

    BTW, people need to remember this is not a fan forum!!

  15. #465
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,527
    Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    Sigh, I will have to pull an all nighter in order to watch pairs, mens and ladies...
    Glad that it's saturday tho..
    Just hope everyone will get what they deserve.
    I think I'll just wake up and go through the LP thread, like always

    I kinda know what's gonna happen, anyway...

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •