Ladies Final Results | Golden Skate

Ladies Final Results

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Way to go Sasha and Jenny. After what both of those girls went through a few years ago, Sasha's back injury and Jenny losing her Mom. It's nice to see them reap the rewards of hanging in there and working hard to achieve their goals. Now, if only Angela was in there too.

Piel

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
This is great news for both girls.........can't wait to see their performances.............42

Congrats to Sasha, Jenny, and Shizuka! I like all three skaters a lot so I am very pleased by the results. Now just looking forward to seeing them skate.

Also, looking at the COP for the ladies FS:
http://www.isufs.org/results/sa2003/seg004.htm
Jenny and Sasha were very close on the Total Element Score (TES). Sasha's TES was 62.01 and Jenny's was 59.21. Sounds good!

Anybody know what happened to Vika?
Rgirl

Last edited:
Good job by the top four. I wonder how many we will get to see on TV. Probably the top four plus Viktoria. What happened to Caroline Kostner?

The year of the Sasha! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that for the past six years the winner of Skate America has gone on to win the U. S. title and gold or silver at Worlds. A good omen.

So far there does not seem to be any controversy involving the CoP. All those delicious numbers to look at, boyoboyoboy!

Mathman

dewet

Final Flight
Rgirl said:
Congrats to Sasha, Jenny, and Shizuka! I like all three skaters a lot so I am very pleased by the results. Now just looking forward to seeing them skate.

Also, looking at the COP for the ladies FS:
http://www.isufs.org/results/sa2003/seg004.htm
Jenny and Sasha were very close on the Total Element Score (TES). Sasha's TES was 62.01 and Jenny's was 59.21. Sounds good!

Anybody know what happened to Vika?
Rgirl
From FSU:

vicky v: not good, 3lz/2t, 3lo with turnout, 2f stepout, 3s, 3lz both hands down, 3t, 3lo fall.

Planned tech: 55.70
Actual tech: 36.67

86.03 139.57

NorthernLite

On the Ice
Mathman said:

So far there does not seem to be any controversy involving the CoP.

Well, pairs sounds weird. The five judges whose marks counted saw something different than everybody else in the arena when it came to the gold and silver medalists. (This is assuming the computer didn't screw up.)

And that's something I'll always wonder about with Sekret and Random - how might it have been different with a larger group of judges whose marks all counted, not some goofy, arbitrary throw of the dice that might count some flaky judge and not a more intelligent one. :p ;)

Otherwise, very happy for the two Onyx ladies in particular. :D

Fossi

Final Flight
I want to see this when it airs. Sounds like Jennifer Kirk outskated Sasha Cohen. Jennifer Kirk!! No way! That is awesome! She was the crowd favorite too. Yes! The US has it's new golden girl. Go Jennifer Kirk!

Go Jenny! But props to Sasha. She's THE ONE for the moment.

NorthernLite, can you explain that a little more for me? Pang and Tong won the short program quite convincingly. Petrova and Tikhonov won the long, but not by enough to be the overall winners. (I think the long is weighted twice as heavily as the short in the final total.)

What was it that the audience disagreed with?

Mathman

IDLERACER

Medalist
I have only two questions:

1. Can we be absolutely positive that Amber Corwin and Mayim Bialik are two different people? Have they ever been photographed together?

2. Same question as above, about Benjamin Agosto and the guy who plays the young doctor on "Scrubs."

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
And....did the Russian ice dancer get AP's mom to make her costume?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I would have loved to have seen Susanna skate instead of VV....NIce interview by Sasha........she's adapted the "have fun out there" attitude that Michelle was often "panned" for saying. Well it worked for Michelle, I bet it will work for Sasha.........great skating by Jenny and Sasha today. Can't wait for Skate Canada....42

SkateCynic

Rinkside
IDLERACER said:
I have only two questions:

1. Can we be absolutely positive that Amber Corwin and Mayim Bialik are two different people? Have they ever been photographed together?

2. Same question as above, about Benjamin Agosto and the guy who plays the young doctor on "Scrubs."

I think Amber resembles a much younger, prettier Judith Light (Who's the Boss?)

Benji seems to have matured a lot from last season. Nice looking young man. And Tanith - still as beautiful as ever!!!!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
It seemed to me that Tanith has become unbelievably thin. Waaay too thin.

kappa_1

On the Ice
Im a huge Sasha fan first and foremost (Happy Birthday Sasha!!!).
At the end of her performance I was so relieved instead of overjoyed at her great performance. Jennys performance I think was so great that after she completed her last first 6 or so jumps I thought to myself thatI wouldnt mind if she beat Sasha, it gave me chills! She needs more speed on her final scratch though. I felt sorry for V.V., and it was unfortunate that the first time I saw Galina skate it wasnt so good for her.

Congrats Sasha and Jenny!!!!
Happy birthday Sasha!!!