2 Ksenia MAKAROVA RUS 55.38 33.90 21.48 5.50 5.00 5.45 5.35 5.55 0.00 #4
3 Anna OVCHAROVA RUS 54.92 33.20 21.72 5.15 5.15 5.65 5.45 5.75 0.00 #2
4 Christina GAO USA 52.82 32.02 20.80 5.25 5.15 5.05 5.35 5.20 0.00 #3
5 Ellie KAWAMURA USA 50.30 29.50 20.80 5.30 4.85 5.40 5.15 5.30 0.00 #1
6 Kiri BAGA USA 49.58 27.66 21.92 5.45 5.10 5.55 5.65 5.65 0.00 #6
7 Angela MAXWELL USA 47.28 25.32 21.96 5.50 5.15 5.65 5.45 5.70 0.00 #5

Trewyn

Medalist
Wow what happened to the Americans... I was sure at least one of them would podium... Well it could still happen.

Trewyn

Medalist
I don't think anyone in the Sr Ladies competition landed a ratified triple-triple (Yu Na came close; Joannie did it in SEQ but no one else even tried)! And look at these youngsters...

cornell08

Final Flight
My money's on Christina Gao for top American finisher....her "The Hours" SP is absolutely gorgeous. And so is her LP! Love her choice of unique music.

oleada

Record Breaker
Kudos to the top 3 ladies for landing 3-3! :rock:

Once you watch it, it's not surprising that the Americans are in the last 4 places after the SP...The Russians and Murakami had CLEAN skates with higher technical content and more interesting programs. Love Kiri and Angela and their programs but they had big mistakes here. Gao was clean but dull and has weak skating skills. Kawamura just doesn't have the technical content.

Ovcharova's SP is fabulous! So much energy and enthusiasm and musicality! Her jump technique is iffy, but she's got wonderful presentation. Take a hint, Rachael, That's how you do a jazz program. Probably my favorite of the night along with Murakami, who was also fabulous.

Shelepen's jumps are amazing - she needs to work on presentation but she's doing really well otherwise.

Makarova is really looking good to take that second Olympic spot for Russia.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Wow what happened to the Americans... I was sure at least one of them would podium... Well it could still happen.

I don't think its surprising at all. I did think Baga would do better but well I was thinking she might have difficulty in the long anyways.

Russia is really looking to be the next Japan in ladies. They have a lot of very strong Juniors. Two amazing ones will be eligible for the JGP next year.

oleada

Record Breaker
It will be tough to make the JW team in Russia. Barring disaster, I'd imagine that Shelepen will get a spot. Makarova could go to the Olympics and maybe not JW. Ovcharova, Agafonova & Biryukova all have a shot to make the team.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Two amazing ones will be eligible for the JGP next year.

Both of the "amazing ones" began to practice 3 axels, so it could be even more interesting next year...
And there are even more talanted girls in Russia. Nikol Gosviani for example, or Daria Medvedeva
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXPT1nJih4k&feature=related
She is only 12 (born in 1997) but has 5 triples (clean lutz and flip without edge calls), Mishin is her coach. Like her, she is so funny and surely can dance ))

I hope Polina, Anna and Ksenia will have strong performances tomorrow!

oleada

Record Breaker
Medvedeva has had some really impressive results this season. Thanks for posting the video, I hadn't seen her skate. Do you know if she is JGP eligible next season (born before July 1st)?

Murakami blew me away. She is far more polished than Shelepen and I love, love, love her footwork section. Great choreography and interpretation. Plus, those smiles before she started (and after she finished!) -- it's great to see a skater look happy and confident, especially one of the "little ones."

What happened to Angela Maxwell??

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Medvedeva has had some really impressive results this season. Thanks for posting the video, I hadn't seen her skate. Do you know if she is JGP eligible next season (born before July 1st)?

Don't know and couldn't find anything ((( I only know that she was born in 1997

bekalc

Record Breaker
Murakami blew me away. She is far more polished than Shelepen and I love, love, love her footwork section. Great choreography and interpretation. Plus, those smiles before she started (and after she finished!) -- it's great to see a skater look happy and confident, especially one of the "little ones."

What happened to Angela Maxwell??

Murakami is lovely. As for Shelepen though, I think that while she needs more polish. Her jumps are truly amazing (better than Murakami's) AND, watching her/face, I think that she's going to develop into a very expressive skater, if she has a coach who can bring it out of her. (And give her better packaging)..

Murakami's smiles were adorable too. But I thought Shelepen was pretty cute as well in a more shy kind of way (She's reportedly very shy) because you could see her turn around and wave to the crowd again... Too cute.