JGPF Ladies | Page 2 | Golden Skate

JGPF Ladies

LeCygne

Final Flight
Another PCS blessing? I don't understand that Murakami beat Gao..

Murakami's PCS seem very high compared to the rest of the field.. 1.00 deduction, did she fall? My feed froze every 50 seconds..

^ I believe Polina was clean except for a few wobbly landings.. I don't think she did 3-3 but I saw a good 2A-3T.

bekalc

Record Breaker

Murakami deserves the highest PCS in the competition even with the fall on the footwork. She has beautiful basic skating in this field with lovely knees and great speed. Her choregraphy/presentation is beautiful.

As for Gao, while she has very good jumps. Her basic skating is noticably weaker than a lot of the girls here, and last I saw her program it was quite empty. Shelepen needs work on presentation too but her basics are better than Gao's at this point...

I think Gao has a lot of potential and I'm sure Orser is working with her on her basics. But she's no where near Kanako's level at this point.

toasty_swirlz

Rinkside
Murakami deserves the highest PCS in the competition even with the fall on the footwork. She has beautiful basic skating in this field with lovely knees and great speed. Her choregraphy/presentation is beautiful.

As for Gao, while she has very good jumps. Her basic skating is noticably weaker than a lot of the girls here, and last I saw her program it was quite empty. Shelepen needs work on presentation too but her basics are better than Gao's at this point...

I think Gao has a lot of potential and I'm sure Orser is working with her on her basics. But she's no where near Kanako's level at this point.

Totally agree with your post, i just watched murakami and shelepen's fs and thought murakami deserved the win even with a fluke fall during footwork and error on her spin. She really has great speed, lands with good flow and has great spins. Shelepen, on the other hand was pretty shaky on all her landings and lacking in presentation (compared to murakami).

I really love Kanako's expressions and energy throughout all her performances. She seems to be happy all the time!

Murakami
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEtKnVxbS3k

shelepen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgkD51PjmoA

pokky_oc

On the Ice
IRussia is really looking to be the next Japan in ladies. They have a lot of very strong Juniors. Two amazing ones will be eligible for the JGP next year.

I definitely agree with you! Russia has some of the most amazing skaters for next year!

Adelina Sotnikova ( 2009 Russian Senor Champion ) Born on 1st of July!! 1996! If she was born a day earlier she would have been eligible for this years Grand Prix! At age of 12, she scored 170.28 !! So at age of 13, 180+ who knows?

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva!! 2nd place in that competition but has a solid 3-3!!

Japan has a few strong skaters too!!

Yukiko Fujisawa! So much potential!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_bO-QpmYq8

Kanako might go for the senior Grand Prix next year, if she wins the Junior Worlds!!

But I agree with you... 2014, 2018 OG might be dominated by the Russian ladies! They really created amazing skaters!

bekalc

Record Breaker
I'm a bit meh about those 3loop combos with Adelina... I wonder about them being rotated (so tough now)...

Morning Glory

On the Ice
I was there today. Kanako was super great! Polina is a talented skater, but today's Kanako was much better than Polina at the point of speed, energy and performance. Even with the fall on the footwork and the shaky first spin, she deserved to win.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Wow, just saw the protocols. Polina fixed her flip! No edge calls at all this time! :clap: So she has 3-3 and clean lutz and flip - truly amazing! I hope we'll see her at Senior Grand Prix series next year :agree:

Rinkside
Wow, just saw the protocols. Polina fixed her flip! No edge calls at all this time!

This is such a good news! She is my favourite junior skater (I like Kanano i Yukiko, too) and I really wanted her to fix her flip. She has to work a little on her presentation, but she has lots of time to do it.

She looked quite disappointment to be in second after Kanako, but she shouldn't - Kanano skated great and Polina will have a chance to win Junior Grand Prix title next year after all.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
She looked quite disappointment to be in second after Kanako, but she shouldn't - Kanano skated great and Polina will have a chance to win Junior Grand Prix title next year after all.

I think she will skate at senior Grand Prix next year, she will be eligible and russian senior ladies, except Leonova, don't have any good results... And next year Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva will be eligible for JGP, so I think one of them probably will win JGPF

silverlake22

Record Breaker
How old do you have to be to skate at the senior grand prix events? I know Mao competed as a 15 year old (her birthday's in September), so does that mean Polina could skate at SGP events next year? Kanako is already 15 so she definitely can, can't wait to see her beat Mao and Miki :laugh:!

Also, can Ksenia go to the Olympics this year? She is 16 and last Olympics Elene Gedevanishvilli went to the Olympics and it was her first senior competition I think. Apart from Alena Leonova the Russian senior ladies aren't very good, and Russia gets 2 spots on the Olympic team right?

kate

On the Ice

Murakami has much better skating skills -- she's much faster and more expressive. Gao is still very junior-ish.

Shelepen is great, but I don't see continuing to be as successful unless she doesn't grow at all or she fixes her technique. She has some technique flaws (the checkout of her jumps, and some of her takeoffs), which, while nothing major now, seem to magnify under nerves (her first two jumps in the long) and will get worse if she grows.

Silverlake, yes, Ksenia can go to the Olympics. I'm pretty sure that's what she's shooting for. Also, you're eligible for the grand prix the year after you become eligible for the junior grand prix, so anyone skating JGP now is eligible for SGP next year (if they're not already eligible).

cornell08

Final Flight
Aaaaand my prediction of Christina Gao was right :biggrin:
I'll be surprised if she doesn't make top 10 at nationals.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Aaaaand my prediction of Christina Gao was right :biggrin:
I'll be surprised if she doesn't make top 10 at nationals.

Is she competing at senior nationals this year? Love that girl, she's so cute, and reminds me a lot of Yuna at that age :biggrin: plus they have the same coach, who is obviously great.

I can't wait until Kanako skates in seniors against Mao, Miki, Akiko, I bet she could beat them all very soon!

I agree that Polina might have some issues once she grows, her technique is a little iffy. It says she's 5'2" though so maybe she won't get that much bigger. Certainly still looks like a little girl though. I think Anna has great potential for a 13 year old and should go great next year at the JGP.

As for Ksenia, that is wonderful. So will Russia likely send Ksenia and Alena Leonova to the Olympics?

champs

Final Flight
Both of the "amazing ones" began to practice 3 axels, so it could be even more interesting next year...
And there are even more talanted girls in Russia. Nikol Gosviani for example, or Daria Medvedeva
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXPT1nJih4k&feature=related
She is only 12 (born in 1997) but has 5 triples (clean lutz and flip without edge calls), Mishin is her coach. Like her, she is so funny and surely can dance ))

Lucky Star, thanks for this info, I'm really excited about these young Russian talents in the ladies field.

Since you and oleada know quite a lot about up-and-comers in Russian I want to ask, do you guys have info about how another novice skater named Radionova is doing? I wish I could read Russian so I could dig fsonline myself.

Last edited:

kate

On the Ice
I agree that Polina might have some issues once she grows, her technique is a little iffy. It says she's 5'2" though so maybe she won't get that much bigger.

It's less height that body-type, I think. She is really skinny (because she's still a kid) which lets her get away with the iffy technique.