Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: JGPF Ladies

Custom Title
    Medvedeva has had some really impressive results this season. Thanks for posting the video, I hadn't seen her skate. Do you know if she is JGP eligible next season (born before July 1st)?

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Murakami blew me away. She is far more polished than Shelepen and I love, love, love her footwork section. Great choreography and interpretation. Plus, those smiles before she started (and after she finished!) -- it's great to see a skater look happy and confident, especially one of the "little ones."

What happened to Angela Maxwell??

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Medvedeva has had some really impressive results this season. Thanks for posting the video, I hadn't seen her skate. Do you know if she is JGP eligible next season (born before July 1st)?
    Don't know and couldn't find anything ((( I only know that she was born in 1997

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Murakami blew me away. She is far more polished than Shelepen and I love, love, love her footwork section. Great choreography and interpretation. Plus, those smiles before she started (and after she finished!) -- it's great to see a skater look happy and confident, especially one of the "little ones."

What happened to Angela Maxwell??
    Murakami is lovely. As for Shelepen though, I think that while she needs more polish. Her jumps are truly amazing (better than Murakami's) AND, watching her/face, I think that she's going to develop into a very expressive skater, if she has a coach who can bring it out of her. (And give her better packaging)..

Murakami's smiles were adorable too. But I thought Shelepen was pretty cute as well in a more shy kind of way (She's reportedly very shy) because you could see her turn around and wave to the crowd again... Too cute.

Custom Title
    Another PCS blessing? I don't understand that Murakami beat Gao..

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    can you recap what happened please??? was polina clean?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by toasty_swirlz View Post
    can you recap what happened please??? was polina clean?
    Almost, she didn't fall or something, but she didn't do her 3S-3T 'cause landing after 3S wasn't good. But she did 2A-3T and her other jumps was good

Murakami's PCS seem very high compared to the rest of the field.. 1.00 deduction, did she fall? My feed froze every 50 seconds..

^ I believe Polina was clean except for a few wobbly landings.. I don't think she did 3-3 but I saw a good 2A-3T.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    Almost, she didn't fall or something, but she didn't do her 3S-3T 'cause landing after 3S wasn't good. But she did 2A-3T and her other jumps was good
    thanks, how about murakami? fall?

Murakami deserves the highest PCS in the competition even with the fall on the footwork. She has beautiful basic skating in this field with lovely knees and great speed. Her choregraphy/presentation is beautiful.

As for Gao, while she has very good jumps. Her basic skating is noticably weaker than a lot of the girls here, and last I saw her program it was quite empty. Shelepen needs work on presentation too but her basics are better than Gao's at this point...

I think Gao has a lot of potential and I'm sure Orser is working with her on her basics. But she's no where near Kanako's level at this point.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Murakami deserves the highest PCS in the competition even with the fall on the footwork. She has beautiful basic skating in this field with lovely knees and great speed. Her choregraphy/presentation is beautiful.

As for Gao, while she has very good jumps. Her basic skating is noticably weaker than a lot of the girls here, and last I saw her program it was quite empty. Shelepen needs work on presentation too but her basics are better than Gao's at this point...

I think Gao has a lot of potential and I'm sure Orser is working with her on her basics. But she's no where near Kanako's level at this point.
    Totally agree with your post, i just watched murakami and shelepen's fs and thought murakami deserved the win even with a fluke fall during footwork and error on her spin. She really has great speed, lands with good flow and has great spins. Shelepen, on the other hand was pretty shaky on all her landings and lacking in presentation (compared to murakami).

I really love Kanako's expressions and energy throughout all her performances. She seems to be happy all the time!

Murakami
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEtKnVxbS3k

shelepen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgkD51PjmoA

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    IRussia is really looking to be the next Japan in ladies. They have a lot of very strong Juniors. Two amazing ones will be eligible for the JGP next year.
    I definitely agree with you! Russia has some of the most amazing skaters for next year!

Adelina Sotnikova ( 2009 Russian Senor Champion ) Born on 1st of July!! 1996! If she was born a day earlier she would have been eligible for this years Grand Prix! At age of 12, she scored 170.28 !! So at age of 13, 180+ who knows?

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva!! 2nd place in that competition but has a solid 3-3!!

Japan has a few strong skaters too!!

Yukiko Fujisawa! So much potential!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_bO-QpmYq8

Kanako might go for the senior Grand Prix next year, if she wins the Junior Worlds!!

But I agree with you... 2014, 2018 OG might be dominated by the Russian ladies! They really created amazing skaters!

Custom Title
    AHHHHHhh! OMG!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_327e4ktyQ

Watch this!

Adelina Soknikova landed 3Lz+3Lo and 3S+3Lo!!!!

I didn't know for a while about her doing 3-3 but wow!

In her SP, she landed 3Lz+3Lo aswell!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAvey...eature=related

Little turn in the end though!
    Last edited by pokky_oc; 12-06-2009 at 04:47 AM.

Custom Title
    I almost forgot!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3nsWXzyrIw

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva landed 3Lz+3T ( Beautiful 1.0+ GOE quality ) and almost landed 2A+3T+2Lo!!

Russia will dominate next year's Junior Grand Prix that's for sure!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjTh-...eature=related

Here's her SP at the event! Clean 3Lz+3T here aswell!
    Last edited by pokky_oc; 12-06-2009 at 04:48 AM.

I'm a bit meh about those 3loop combos with Adelina... I wonder about them being rotated (so tough now)...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast