Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 46 to 56 of 56

Thread: JGPF Ladies

  1. #46
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post


    I'm not sure that Shelepen has the same body type as Alena and Irina... Here's Alena at 16 y.o.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F15eZeREG8
    And here is Irina at 14 y.o.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZy3dgNRrIw
    Polina looks taller and her legs seems longer, I think she is more like Mao Asada. And Polina has grown a lot from last year but still can jump
    That is good news then. Although idk if you can compare her to the asian girls, asian girls are lucky in that they can develop into their grown up bodies without gaining a lot of weight. Yuna Kim does not have a little kids body but she is 5'5" and only weighs 103 pounds. Alena and Irina do look different then Shelepen in those videos, though both are quite thin
    (not as thin as Shelepen though) and their bodies changed a lot in the years following those videos. Alena Leonova is also pretty tall, 5'5" or so, while Irina was pretty short. Shelepen might stay tall and thin but it is hard to tell

  2. #47
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Yeah, but if you look at Irina Slutskaya and Alena Leonova they probably were really skinny as kids like Polina but can still do all the hard jumps with grown up, athletic bodies. It might not be a big deal
    That's my point though (though they don't really have the same body type, anyway) -- they had good technique. Shelepen has iffy technique, and if she doesn't fix it, the problems it creates (which you could already see here) are going to magnify if her body changes at all.

  3. #48
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,952
    Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    That's my point though (though they don't really have the same body type, anyway) -- they had good technique. Shelepen has iffy technique, and if she doesn't fix it, the problems it creates (which you could already see here) are going to magnify if her body changes at all.
    Yeah, I suppose your right. Polina's legs are so long that it wouldn't surprise me if she ended up being built like Carolina Kostner (that tall). And if she does, her jumps will probably become very inconsistent like Kostner

  4. #49
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,952
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT7LH6WYdQw

    ^^ Carolina Kostner at age 15, has very similar build and jump technique to Polina (very straight legs). I bet she will end up looking like Kostner

  5. #50
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Saitama
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    Elena Radionova competed at Rostelecom Cup of Russia 4 round (juniors) about 2 weeks ago and was 3rd with 122.78 points. This is very good result for her, especially because she was the youngest there, her rivals are about 2 years older (she was born in 1999).
    Thanks Lucky Star for the recent competition result. That sounds really good considering she was the youngest there. Any info about who her coach is, where she trains? There are only a few vids of her on Youtube and the most recent one I could find is from back in April (btw huge thanks to those Russian video takers.)

  6. #51
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,952
    So many young Russian girls are very good. I actually think Anna Ovcharova may have a brighter future than Polina, she has better jump technique and skates very fast. Plus she's only 13! I was shocked to here that, she looks older to me. Also, her spins are great and she is very expressive for a little girl

  7. #52
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by champs View Post
    Thanks Lucky Star for the recent competition result. That sounds really good considering she was the youngest there. Any info about who her coach is, where she trains? There are only a few vids of her on Youtube and the most recent one I could find is from back in April (btw huge thanks to those Russian video takers.)
    Well, I don't know much about her, but I know that she trains in CSKA, Moscow, and her coach is Inna Goncharenko. Elena will skate next week at Panin Memorial, so good luck for her!

    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT7LH6WYdQw

    ^^ Carolina Kostner at age 15, has very similar build and jump technique to Polina (very straight legs). I bet she will end up looking like Kostner
    Oh, it's not the worst that can happen with Polina, I mean, Kostner is European champion and World medalist after all )) And Carolina is so inconsistant not because (or not only because) of her jump technique, but because of her nerves (remember her 2009 Worlds LP)

  8. #53
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    Oh, it's not the worst that can happen with Polina, I mean, Kostner is European champion and World medalist after all )) And Carolina is so inconsistant not because (or not only because) of her jump technique, but because of her nerves (remember her 2009 Worlds LP)
    You are very right, Carolina is a lovely skater. Polina also reminds me a little of Laura Lepisto, who won Euros last year. Not the strongest jumper anymore but she is very artistic and beautiful on the ice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM6DtRmdMnw
    Here is a video of Laura at 14

  9. #54
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,033
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    So many young Russian girls are very good. I actually think Anna Ovcharova may have a brighter future than Polina, she has better jump technique and skates very fast. Plus she's only 13! I was shocked to here that, she looks older to me. Also, her spins are great and she is very expressive for a little girl
    I adore Ovcharova's skating and I am mightily impressed that she's attempting all her jumps out of difficult transitions, but "good jumping technique" are not words I would use to describe her. Extremely musical and expressive? Absolutely! But her jump technique is definitely iffy.

    I do hope that we can see her either in the GP or back on the JGP next year. She's a breath of fresh air.

  10. #55
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Saitama
    Posts
    303
    Thank you, Lucky Star. Never heard of Goncharenko before but I will keep her name at the back of my mind. I also hope Elena will skate well at Panin Memorial!

  11. #56
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,952
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I adore Ovcharova's skating and I am mightily impressed that she's attempting all her jumps out of difficult transitions, but "good jumping technique" are not words I would use to describe her. Extremely musical and expressive? Absolutely! But her jump technique is definitely iffy.

    I do hope that we can see her either in the GP or back on the JGP next year. She's a breath of fresh air.
    Yeah, her jumps are a little weird. But they get good height and she can do most of her triples! Plus she has pretty good presence on the ice for a 13 year old!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •