Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Grand Prix Final: Pairs LP

Custom Title
    awww, i LOVE that program from S/Z. I think the choreography/construction is great. Their quailty of expression, smoothness was kinda in and out, but I'm sure will be better come February. Actually preferred M/T to the Germans, to my own surprise. I don't feel much from the Germans' LP at this point. M/T i enjoyed for the sort of older classic feel to that program. They don't express the music particularly well, but I liked the calm smooth effeciency and flow of the whole thing. Missed the first flight unfortunately!
    Last edited by amateur; 12-05-2009 at 03:30 AM.

Interesting thing is that it would have been higher score had he not singled his first 2axel

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    And S/Z decimate the field! (9s for CH and IN! I think they got a 10 somewhere!)

Congrats to S/Z, P/T and S/S!

Custom Title
    I can't remember the last time there was such a well skated pairs competition under COP. It's usually a boring splatfest. Maybe the return of S/Z has caused everyone to raise their game? Olympics should be great.

Rinkside
    SO glad I stayed up for this! The pairs came to skate tonight! S/Z just blew me away. And that score is but very well deserved.

Custom Title
    Sad for Aliona and Robin that they could not be at their best, but very happy for Xue and Hongbo as well as Pang and Tong.

I really wanted a clean competition between the three teams to set up the Olympics. They all have great programs that fit them well. Hopefully we will get those performances in Vancouver.

Good luck to everyone

Custom Title
    Congratulations to the podium finishers!

I wish that S/S had skated clean too. Olympics Game is going to be very exciting.
    Last edited by hongligl; 12-05-2009 at 03:36 AM.

Banned
    Personally preferred P/T to S/Z and M/T to S/S. I am sure P/T picked too early yet again and this is probably their last great skate of the season though. It's obvious that the judges already decided the faith of OGM. Sad.

Kinda feel bad for M/T, they pick up 3rd place in both the sp and lp and go home in 4th. They're probably hating the scoring system right now.

Oh well...it's not the first time its happened.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by reynycpr View Post
    Interesting thing is that it would have been higher score had he not singled his first 2axel
    Yup. I think S/Z's score is pretty outrageous considering the 1A and the slight unison issues on the sbs spins, but compared to what Pang/Tong received for what was also not a flawless program, I guess it makes sense. In all the disciplines here at the GPF, it seems like the judges want the scores to be through the roof!

Judges scores are up and posted on ISU, now that the Pairs are complete:
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf0910/index.htm

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    There has been inflation of scores across the board in all the disciplines. (Evidently, Speedy wants FS to make the headlines during the Olympics with some monstrous World Records)

I'm not fussed. As long as the placements are right, I'm okay.

Okay protocols up.

Woah S/Z didn't even max out all their levels (Lvl 3 DS and one lift). I wonder what kind of score they'll get if the max them out + zhao not singling the Axel.

Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post

Woah S/Z didn't even max out all their levels (Lvl 3 DS and one lift). I wonder what kind of score they'll get if the max them out + zhao not singling the Axel.
    Funny thing is that they still received a +.12 GOE for that 1A.

And no 10's either...highest is a 9.50...(I think someone was asking about that before.)

What is the final result? To sleepy to go thru this thread.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    What is the final result? To sleepy to go thru this thread.
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf0910/SEG014.HTM

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast