Grand Prix Final: Pairs LP | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Final: Pairs LP

reynycpr

On the Ice
Pairs LP scheduled to start at 2:25am EST I believe.

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV RUS 6 62.30
2 Dan ZHANG / Hao ZHANG CHN 5 66.24
3 Qing PANG / Jian TONG CHN 468.04

Warm-Up Group 2
4 Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maxim TRANKOV RUS 3 69.78
5 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY GER 2 73.14
6 Xue SHEN / Hongbo ZHAO CHN 1 75.36

reynycpr

On the Ice
I think there's about 14 World medals among the six of them, 5 World titles between three of them.

Should be a great final. :biggrin:

evangeline

Record Breaker
I'm a bit inebriated from end-of-semester 'celebrating,' so take my comments with a grain of salt...

....but am I the only one who thinks that cutesy version of the Blue Danube that Kavaguti/Smirnov use at the end of their LP is entirely dischordant with the music they use at the beginning of their program?

Kinga

Medalist
This is the first program from K/S that I kind of like (maybe bc I love waltz). I do not like how the elements are planned, though - 3 lifts in the row is not a very balanced layout.

sternfunken

Rinkside
@evangeline: No, you ar not the only one! I thought exactly the same. But the music coice wasn't a surprise, because K/S always have strange music cuts...

reynycpr

On the Ice
1 Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV RUS 183.01 6 1
2 Dan ZHANG / Hao ZHANG CHN 180.25 5 2

3 Qing PANG / Jian TONG CHN 4 68.04

Warm-Up Group 2
4 Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maxim TRANKOV RUS 3 69.78
5 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY GER 2 73.14
6 Xue SHEN / Hongbo ZHAO CHN 1 75.36

madibe

On the Ice
Loved Pang and Tong. The choreography was great and the lift where he was in a spread eagle was unique and beautiful.

gold12345

Medalist
....but am I the only one who thinks that cutesy version of the Blue Danube that Kavaguti/Smirnov use at the end of their LP is entirely dischordant with the music they use at the beginning of their program?

Nope, you definitely aren't the only one! :)

Kinga

Medalist
Z/Z performance was even slower and more laboured than usually. And the lack of expression turns me off their skating completely.
Italian commentator on RAI just said that P/T and the least expressive of the Chinese pairs, and it just made me cringe... They are not S/Z but they are head and shoulders above Z/Z in that department. They improved tremendously.

gold12345

Medalist
I loved Pang and Tong's performance as well, although I cannot call any lift of theirs beautiful. Her positions are way too weak. Still, that last lift was nice and went really well with the music.

Wow, they got a 133 without skating completely clean. S/Z are going to get a 140 at the rate this is going!

kandidy

Final Flight
Loved Pang and Tong. The choreography was great and the lift where he was in a spread eagle was unique and beautiful.

Agreed, and it was so fitted with the music. Very beautiful and well-deserved 200 breaks.:clap: