Grand Prix Final: Pairs LP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Final: Pairs LP

Kinga

Medalist
I liked S/S LP, but it does not bring me to my knees.. I don't know... It definitely does not deserve few 10s they got in SC for it.

S/Z- wow! They are so consistent! And she is marvellous... The posture, the positions, the finishing movements... Wow.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Shen Zhao
Adagio by Albinoni
nice little red costume with one red shoulder strap and gold trim and a
heart shaped little ruffle on one breast, back very low
cut in the illusion fabric. Zhao has a black jump suit with red
shoulder trim

posing to start
3t beautiful with speed out
spread eagle into 2A step 2A sequence
flying spin sbs sits out of unison change over not quite on either
cartwheel into his lap into press lift changes down Wow
into death spiral in odd position
spread into into lasso lift down
Twist good not super smooth onlanding
throw triple loop just excellent
throw triple salchow excellent
directly effortlessly into spiral sequence ending in dance lift
into pair spin reversing. It travelled at bit internally.
pull through into lift
End right on the music

Standing ovation
S&Z are very happy
Audience has a WOW sign
fist pump from BinYao

Score
LP 138.89
Total 214.25

All kinds of records
Shen fist pump
group hug

gold12345

Medalist
Shen/Zhao!!!!!! Her star lift position totally makes me cringe, but their performance was so exciting!!! Ahhh, this was totally worth staying up until 3:30 am! :yes:

amateur

Final Flight
awww, i LOVE that program from S/Z. I think the choreography/construction is great. Their quailty of expression, smoothness was kinda in and out, but I'm sure will be better come February. Actually preferred M/T to the Germans, to my own surprise. I don't feel much from the Germans' LP at this point. M/T i enjoyed for the sort of older classic feel to that program. They don't express the music particularly well, but I liked the calm smooth effeciency and flow of the whole thing. Missed the first flight unfortunately!

Last edited:

reynycpr

On the Ice
Interesting thing is that it would have been higher score had he not singled his first 2axel

mishieru07

On the Ice
And S/Z decimate the field! :rock: (9s for CH and IN! I think they got a 10 somewhere!)

Congrats to S/Z, P/T and S/S!

madibe

On the Ice
I can't remember the last time there was such a well skated pairs competition under COP. It's usually a boring splatfest. Maybe the return of S/Z has caused everyone to raise their game? Olympics should be great.

maoyuna

Rinkside
SO glad I stayed up for this! The pairs came to skate tonight! S/Z just blew me away. And that score is :eek: but very well deserved.

jcoates

Medalist
Sad for Aliona and Robin that they could not be at their best, but very happy for Xue and Hongbo as well as Pang and Tong.

I really wanted a clean competition between the three teams to set up the Olympics. They all have great programs that fit them well. Hopefully we will get those performances in Vancouver.

Good luck to everyone

hongligl

Final Flight
Congratulations to the podium finishers!

I wish that S/S had skated clean too. Olympics Game is going to be very exciting.

Last edited:

oxade21

Match Penalty
Personally preferred P/T to S/Z and M/T to S/S. I am sure P/T picked too early yet again and this is probably their last great skate of the season though. It's obvious that the judges already decided the faith of OGM. Sad.

reynycpr

On the Ice
Kinda feel bad for M/T, they pick up 3rd place in both the sp and lp and go home in 4th. They're probably hating the scoring system right now.

Oh well...it's not the first time its happened.

gold12345

Medalist
Interesting thing is that it would have been higher score had he not singled his first 2axel

Yup. I think S/Z's score is pretty outrageous considering the 1A and the slight unison issues on the sbs spins, but compared to what Pang/Tong received for what was also not a flawless program, I guess it makes sense. In all the disciplines here at the GPF, it seems like the judges want the scores to be through the roof!

mishieru07

On the Ice
There has been inflation of scores across the board in all the disciplines. (Evidently, Speedy wants FS to make the headlines during the Olympics with some monstrous World Records)

I'm not fussed. As long as the placements are right, I'm okay.

Okay protocols up.

Woah S/Z didn't even max out all their levels (Lvl 3 DS and one lift). I wonder what kind of score they'll get if the max them out + zhao not singling the Axel.

reynycpr

On the Ice
Woah S/Z didn't even max out all their levels (Lvl 3 DS and one lift). I wonder what kind of score they'll get if the max them out + zhao not singling the Axel.

Funny thing is that they still received a +.12 GOE for that 1A.

And no 10's either...highest is a 9.50...(I think someone was asking about that before.)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
What is the final result? To sleepy to go thru this thread.