Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Prix Final: Mens LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    I don't want an argument. I like Evan 's skating and I am happy he won. Simple as that. You post your opinions, please let me post mine.
    I agree with you. I am really happy he won. I'm a big fan of his.

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Lol it's not just the men.

Seriously, the scores at GPF have been nuts. Super inflation across all the disciplines! Ridiculous.

Abbott peaked too early in the season last time. He seems to be right on track for the Olympics! With a little more polish and practice, if he lands that quad, wow. Same for Daisuke and Oda!

The placements are right imo. Even though I think Evan's PCS is absurdly high.

OUCH Dai got 2 downgrades (4T and 2A) and his last two spins didn't count. Too many combo spins.

Custom Title
    I wouldn't worry about Evan's super inflated PCS. The scoring in all the disciplines has been extremely high at this GPF for some reason. But as long as the placements are right, it doesn't really matter.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Evan's marks are ridiculous across the board.

His 3Axel, with crappy technique and a small bobble on the landing, received a +1 mark from almost every judge (for a total of +.8 points).

His tiny 3Sal received +1.

His good, but hardly amazing, footwork sequences both got an average of +2 and the final footwork sequence got a mark of +3 from three judges??!?!

Custom Title
    Thank you.
    You're welcome. Sometimes reading some of the comments here is like being in junior high with a bunch of 13 year old girls.

Sorry, I'm just irritated because some fans can't let others enjoy a moment for their favorites...ever. We all stayed up all night to watch this. It would be nice if some would show a little maturity.

Congratulations Evan!

The bashers should go peel a lemon and suck on it for a while

Custom Title
    Our opinions. If you don't like them don't read them. Takahashi did not win this event. Evan did with grossly inflated PCS. He is not that much better than the other skaters and in fact is not better at all.

Well last I checked the opinions of the judges do count. Whether we agree or not. The placements were correct tonight. No matter who your favorite was.
    Off to the ladies.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Congratulations Evan!

The bashers should go peel a lemon and suck on it for a while
    I drank a soda, I m ok now

Custom Title
    The judging of this competition is just a comedy :chorus::chorus:
    Oda and Takahashi didn't get any fluz call and Evan.. hail to the PCS king?
    What a joke GPF before Olympics... I don't know what to say

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    I don't want an argument. I like Evan 's skating and I am happy he won. Simple as that. You post your opinions, please let me post mine.
    That's fine, you're welcome to being happy about this win.

We are discussing the objectiveness in the scoring, though.

Do you feel that Evan just gave the best performance you have ever seen?

He broke the World Record for PCS with a performance that isn't even HIS best, let alone the best we've ever seen from anybody under CoP.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I drank a soda, I m ok now
    Good girl.
    Don't be like the others.

Evan won and all Greeks should be happy

This looks for sure like Evan will be on the Olympic podium. Just wonder what color his medal will be?

Edgy Details
    IMO, taking the results of SP and LP Evan should have won, but not with THAT PCS score. Ok, here, it did not influance the placement, but there can be more important competitions (Olys) that his boosted PCS will deprive someone from medalling (I dont want to be too negative before it even happens, but....). He is good. But NOT that good to receive +3 GOE for the step sequence, just for example.

Custom Title
    The scores, especially PCS, were rather high for every skater, in my opinion. Anyway, the placements felt right, in my opinion.

I´m glad that Evan won this competition and also for Weir´s medal. I thought that Abbott would have been the second best US skater here. And I´m also glad that Evan did not skate a faultless freeskate programme, yet. For that the Olympics is the right time. I hope very much that Evan will not put way too much effort to win at the Nationals, he only needs to skate well enough to be among those who get selected to the Olympics. Such a pity in that year he wanted so much to win his first Nationals title and was not able to skate as well at the Worlds.... I don´t want that mistake to happen again as it is the Olympic season.
    Last edited by Jaana; 12-05-2009 at 05:42 AM.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Good girl.
    Don't be like the others.

Evan won and all Greeks should be happy

This looks for sure like Evan will be on the Olympic podium. Just wonder what color his medal will be?
    Gold unless Plushy can stop him with significantly higher TES.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast