Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Thread: Grand Prix Final: Mens LP

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    We were really close to the Men's thread having more replies than the Women's thread. Would that have been a first?
    An interesting observation BOP.

I think back to Calgary 1988 and how the Ladies competition featuring returning Olympic champion Katerina Witt played a secondary role to the men's event and the "Battle of The Brians."

Watching this season's GP series leads me to believe I will enjoy the Men's competition in Vancouver more than the Ladie's event for one simple reason - the skating will be so much better.

I could be wrong about that and who is to say how well the men will skate? There could be meltdowns from some of the favorites and it could turn out like Torino...............

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    An interesting observation BOP.

I think back to Calgary 1988 and how the Ladies competition featuring returning Olympic champion Katerina Witt played a secondary role to the men's event and the "Battle of The Brians."

Watching this season's GP series leads me to believe I will enjoy the Men's competition in Vancouver more than the Ladie's event for one simple reason - the skating will be so much better.

I could be wrong about that and who is to say how well the men will skate? There could be meltdowns from some of the favorites and it could turn out like Torino...............
    Please don't say that. It was so painful... >.<

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Please don't say that. It was so painful... >.<
    The suprise element is out there. It's in everyone's head I suppose.. Could it be that against all expectations men will bomb and ladies will flourish?

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schiele
    PS: On Takashi front I have to disagree.. I think he's trying more of an electrified Lambiel approach than the Evan-Joubert-Plushy style..
    Great phrase and it definitely makes Dai leap to my mind's eye.

(Blades, I'm trying to do my bit for the men.)

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    I think he's trying more of an electrified Lambiel approach than the Evan-Joubert-Plushy style..
    I sense you meant that as a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    We were really close to the Men's thread having more replies than the Women's thread. Would that have been a first?
    But then again, there is the ladies short program thread. 38,000 views and 496 posts, with 494 of them of them on the topic of whether or not Yu-na Kim's triple toe should have been downgraded.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    I sense you meant that as a compliment.
    Of course, anything Lambiel is good.
    although sonetimes taka-chan is too eccentric (ummm spelling?) for my taste.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    But then again, there is the ladies short program thread. 38,000 views and 496 posts, with 494 of them of them on the topic of whether or not Yu-na Kim's triple toe should have been downgraded.
    Ugh, did you have to remind us? That was the most boring thread I have EVER seen. The bots threaten to make even the Olympics discussions boring.

Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    The suprise element is out there. It's in everyone's head I suppose.. Could it be that against all expectations men will bomb and ladies will flourish?
    A hahahah.

True that!

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Ugh, did you have to remind us? That was the most boring thread I have EVER seen. The bots threaten to make even the Olympics discussions boring.
    You can probably prevent people from registering during the Oly to stop bots from joining just so they can say something mean about Yuna and/or Mao. I don't care for Yuna-bots or Mao-bots.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20