Grand Prix Final: Mens LP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Final: Mens LP

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Super boring program from Evan.

I think he was clean except for the second 3Axel (didn't hear any crowd clapping), though.

Trewyn

Medalist
Evan: the only one of the pack I'm not a fan of. He's a bit generic; a lot of the time I don't believe his 'expression'. The costume makes him look a bit gangly. Weird triple axel technique. Other than that; you got to give him credit for his many jumps (though his landings aren't as deliciously soft as Oda's). Can Takahashi do better??

Kinga

Medalist
Hehehe, Italian comemntators are drooling now over Evan's lovely arm movements and delicacy of gestures... This is so much fun :chorus:

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Ok I would've had him just behind Jeremy in LP but doesn't matter.
OMG Daisuke!!!!!!!!!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Bravo, Evan, Bravo! :) Despite the one popped 3A, everything else was near perfect....gorgeous complex intricate entries into the jumps, especially the 3/3 combo. & another Evgeni Plushenko style spiral into another triple jump.....Wow. And his spins are centered on a dime. This is what sets him apart from the other men. He should easily go into 1st place.

Hair & costume make the world of difference, for both he & Jeremy, WOW!!!!! This performance reminded me a bit of Rudy Galindo's award winning Nationals Swan Lake FS!:rock:

And he goes into 1st place, well deserved, well deserved!!!

Last note, its a contest between two male ballerinas ~ classical Jeremy & bravuro Evan. ;)

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
Bah. Evan just won.

Takahashi's LP is the best of the year, though. Hope he delivers it perfectly at Olympics.

Kinga

Medalist
Bravo, Evan, Bravo! :) And his spins are centered on a dime. This is what sets him apart from the other men. He should easily go into 1st place.

There is plenty of other men who have gorgeous centered spins...

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
If Takahashi's Quad gets called as underrotated, I think he will drop to 4th place.

madibe

On the Ice
Takahashi just didn't seem on. His jumps weren't all there and there were lots of trips and stumbles here and there. Gotta love his ease and flow across the ice though. Looks like Evan will win.

hongligl

Final Flight
Takahashi looked so shaky today. Don't know how he managed to land all those jumps. Not bad.

Kinga

Medalist
I am not inspired with Daisuke's LP. I liked SP much better. To me it is less captivating than Jeremy's or Nobu's

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Rough skate for Dai such a beautiful program. I hope he can medal. Happy for Evan.

Trewyn

Medalist
Takahashi seemed a bit off (though no real bombing); I didn't see all that he did because someone was distracting me. He's really so much more passionate than Lysacek. What a contrast! So I'm assuming Evan won this?