Grand Prix Final: Mens LP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Final: Mens LP

hongligl

Final Flight
Oh no, little bobbles here & there for Takahashi, pressure seems to have gotten to him, skating in his home country. Still he never gave up on the peformance, not really.

And I r-e-s-p-e-c-t both him & Jeremy for going for the quad!:rock: In the end the results here are not that important, better to try the quad here in preparation for the Olympics, the big one! Others played it safe, yeah there are those that win playing it safe but I really don't respect that, sorry. I see the strategy, but this is exactly why my fav skaters are gutsy risk takers!!!!!:bow:

I definitely second that! A man's program without quad just does not deserve OGM. Of the pack, Jeremy is my clear favourate!

schiele

Final Flight
Evan won over Oda by 6 points. Evan in fact came in fourth in TES. Now pls go and see the difference in PCS.. Evan has 84, Oda 78, so it means 6 points.. No further comment...

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Daisuke's jumps have never looked all that secure since his return from his injury hiatus. I don't see him improving all that much on them this season. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see him on the Olympic podium.

His jumps were perfect in the SP here.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Final note: Jeremy Abbott set a mood & didn't stray from it, as do all the greatest artists on ice (e.g. Oksana Baiul).

He's in a class by himself when it comes to male ballerinas on ice...every movement....every gesture, every finger, every everything was sublime.

:party2::party::party::party2:NOW ON TO THE OLYMPICS!!!!!!!!!:love::love::love::love:

Trewyn

Medalist
Last year, Johnny got bronze. Takahiko Kozuka got silver, if I remember correctly

Oh I meant to write 'bronze' (otherwise it wouldn't be 'as well' would it). Right! Taka got silver! How could I forget! I love him! I miss his Take Five SP...

schiele

Final Flight
Evan just set a World record for PCS in Men's competition.

I am going to throw up. Ridiculous.

This is awful.

I punched the couch several times.. Kinda helps..
But for me, the placement was not right tonite. So this is getting seriously out of control.. Hello 2002..

coconutpunch

Rinkside
The PCS gap between Evan (and to an extent even Dai) and Jeremy/Nobu is simply nauseating, IMO.

Meh...congrats to the medalists and Nobu on making the Olympic team. Good comeback from Jeremy too, he deserves some kudos.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
His jumps were perfect in the SP here.

You are right. There's hope yet. :) Maybe Daisuke can peak at the Olympics.

Speaking of which, Evan has to go into the Olympics as a frontrunner now, depending on how well he does at US nationals (and I can't imagine he'd do all that badly there). I've never been a big Evan fan, but he's proving that his world champion status is no fluke.

Trewyn

Medalist
Hello 2002..

Yeah! I can live with the placements tonight, but I wouldn't be surprised it there was some commotion about the judging at the Olympics this year. The COP-hate is reaching a height and the Olympics are the perfect opportunity for the bubble to burst... Ah well, we'll see.

Morning Glory

On the Ice
Congratulations to all the medalists, especially to Nobu for being qualified for the Olys!

Though they missed the medal, I really enjoyed the programs of Daisuke and Jeremy:clap:

jcoates

Medalist
Evan won over Oda by 6 points. Evan in fact came in fourth in TES. Now pls go and see the difference in PCS.. Evan has 84, Oda 78, so it means 6 points.. No further comment...

So let me get this straight. You and all the other non-fans of Evan have a problem with his PCS tonight (and every night apparently) but no issue with Takahashi getting the second highest PCS even with all his errors and a fall.

What does Evan have to do to make you people happy...cure every illness under the sun?

There really is no pleasing some people.

Trewyn

Medalist
Evan just set a World record for PCS in Men's competition.

:eek: erm okay then...:scratch: That is quite sad.

And to jcoates; PCS really hasn't got that much to do with skating clean; it has to do with artistry, passion and transitions; and Takahashi is really passionate in his skating. Evan does a respectable attempt at being artistic too and it should be rewarded in PCS, but a 'World Record' is over the top.

And Evan was behind Oda on TES and massively ahead of him in PCS? That's weird too...

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
You enjoy seeing mediocre programs and performances scored as if they are masterpieces?

Okay...

I don't want an argument. I like Evan 's skating and I am happy he won. Simple as that. You post your opinions, please let me post mine.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
So let me get this straight. You and all the other non-fans of Evan have a problem with his PCS tonight (and every night apparently) but no issue with Takahashi getting the second highest PCS even with all his errors and a fall.

What does Evan have to do to make you people happy...cure every illness under the sun?

There really is no pleasing some people.

Thank you. :agree: