Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Prix Final: Mens LP

Quote Originally Posted by schiele View Post
    Gold unless Plushy can stop him with significantly higher TES.
    There will also be Joubert and Chan at Olympics.

Off to the Ladies and the real bitching

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Evan won and all Greeks should be happy
    Oh ok, I m happy then.... But in Olympics I will be more happy if Russians are happy I dont care what greeks would feel

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hikki View Post
    What a class act Evan is!!! Nice interview.
    Please - where did you see the interview?

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    There will also be Joubert and Chan at Olympics.

Off to the Ladies and the real bitching
    I think the judges made it pretty clear they only consider Plush as a real contender against Evan, definetely not Joubert or Oda. Chan I don't know yet, he has to skate more to see how high the judges wanna place him.
    Ladies have been not terrorized with such ridiculous PCS and scoring, I don't see a need for real bitching there (from the SP).. The only issue will be the DG on 3T again but it's nothing like the men's.. Anyway we'll see..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    That's fine, you're welcome to being happy about this win.

We are discussing the objectiveness in the scoring, though.

Do you feel that Evan just gave the best performance you have ever seen?

He broke the World Record for PCS with a performance that isn't even HIS best, let alone the best we've ever seen from anybody under CoP.
    As has been said many times, you can't accurately compare scores across competition, particularly PCS.

Unlike TES, there is not codified standard for what constitutes an 8.00 versus a 9.00.

If the ISU had a chart somewhere I'd give you more credit for your argument.

The same was true under 6.0 as well. At least PCS is more explicit in what it's looking for than 6.0 artistic impression/presentation was.

This was field of the fall's top finishers. It should be expected that this would be treated like a final group at Worlds or Olympics where PCS would be similarly high.

BTW, despite not being able to fairly compare one panel's scores to another, my personal opinion is that Evan's program and performance were better than some of the other 80 plus PCS scores I've seen (Joubert and Plushenko in particular).

but not Stephane's 80 at 2008 Euros, right?

Custom Title
    No. Lambiel's programs have actual choreography.

Oh, good
    I couldn't imagine anybody saying he didn't deserve the PCS he got for the Flamenco program. It was full of (as you say) real choreography

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Oh ok, I m happy then.... But in Olympics I will be more happy if Russians are happy I dont care what greeks would feel
    I think Evan should switch to mullet hair style. It would look good seeing two mullets on the Olympic podium

Quote Originally Posted by jcoates View Post
    As has been said many times, you can't accurately compare scores across competition, particularly PCS.

Unlike TES, there is not codified standard for what constitutes an 8.00 versus a 9.00.

If the ISU had a chart somewhere I'd give you more credit for your argument.

The same was true under 6.0 as well. At least PCS is more explicit in what it's looking for than 6.0 artistic impression/presentation was.

This was field of the fall's top finishers. It should be expected that this would be treated like a final group at Worlds or Olympics where PCS would be similarly high.

BTW, despite not being able to fairly compare one panel's scores to another, my personal opinion is that Evan's program and performance were better than some of the other 80 plus PCS scores I've seen (Joubert and Plushenko in particular).
    As far as I can remember, Joubert never got anything over 80. He does not get 80 plus PSC as ppl seem to assume. That's only for Plush, Lambiel, Dai and Evan. Lambiel the only truely deserving party there..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hongligl View Post
    Does Evan's 3A pre-rotated a lot?
    Yes, he does. Bad technique.

Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    I'm sensing that 3A is to Evan what 3F has become to Yuna. Although he fares much better with it than Yuna so far.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Yo Evan, I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish, but Lambiel had the best program components of all time.

This event defies comment and I won't even bother. Clearly the scoring was ludicrous. Two things that do come to mind:

* I know Jenny Kirk's blog is officially on hiatus, but I want to see if she will have the integrity to write a follow up post on PCS favoritism. Somehow I really doubt it.

* I love that Johnny Weir is going to make the USFSA send him to Vancouver, which I'm guessing is the last thing they wanted before the season started. Good for Johnny .

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Whenever I see Evan's 3A, I think of Mao. Identical to my naked eyes.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast