Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Grand Prix Final: Mens LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    Yo Evan, I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish, but Lambiel had the best program components of all time.
    :chorus:

Doesn't get old.

Yay JWe!! I will celebrate tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    Whenever I see Evan's 3A, I think of Mao. Identical to my naked eyes.
    Apparently then you don't see so well and certainly don't know enough to be a judge.

The judges are watching Evan like a hawk and if his 3A becomes unacceptable they will ding him on it.

Personal opinions of the Evan bashers mean nothing. It is just so much internet chatter.

It is equally assinine to compare his marks to Plushy or Joubert or even Lambiel.
    Watch again - and you might see those three were not competing at this years GPF.

Their scores - from other competitions - and even from other years - are totally irrelevant.
    But they are necessary for the bashers who can't accept that Evan won.

The bashers should go back to sucking their lemons

ISU and CoP scoring wanted figure skating to be a more ahtletic and a more competitive sport.

Evan is undoubtably and undeniably one of skating's best competitors. What he does at his height is twice as difficult as what the short little skaters do.
    Congratulations are in order to the 2009 Men's GPF champion.
    Last edited by janetfan; 12-05-2009 at 09:09 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by merrybari View Post
    Please - where did you see the interview?
    Sorry for the late reply. icenetwork live feed.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoates View Post
    You're welcome. Sometimes reading some of the comments here is like being in junior high with a bunch of 13 year old girls.

Sorry, I'm just irritated because some fans can't let others enjoy a moment for their favorites...ever. We all stayed up all night to watch this. It would be nice if some would show a little maturity.
    I totally agree. Every year there comes a point when I stop reading the boards because people get so catty and generaly nasty. It serves no purpose. As one of many who come to goldenskate looking for informed analysis, the immature and unsportsmanlike comments are terribly disappointing.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Evan was the cleanest skater and rightfully run; I would agree with him having the highest pcs in this long i just don't agree with degree of seperation. Evan has choreograghy and this is the most elegent and in tune with the music I seen him in the past three years. His line are spot on and amazing and he has great solid spins and footwork. Even though his program is not complex and creative it does hit all the key points and he exels at it; I wanted to say Oda was robbed but after watching the program i couldn't do anything but clap for him; Jeremy or Oda could have won if they went clean;Jeremy mest up the short; Oda drop about 12pts with is poped axels; Poor Dia; I hope Abbot; Johnny; and Evan all go to the olympics. Actually I think the men were the only discaplin majorlly over scored;

Nobu is the male version of Yuna in terms of GOE on jumps. He gets huge ones. I actually feel that GOE is also like a reputation score. No? He is very consistent in the big GOE.

Perhaps he overthought about his Axel though.

He was a bit stiff here and I understand his relatively low PCS.

What happened to Evan's PCS? World Champ effect?

Dai is also judges' favorite! Wow.

But he had such a meltdown. So so shaky. Still was interesting to watch though.

Tomas was completely off tonight. A pop after a pop. The program also looked dull. Kind of slow and a lot of resting.

I feel that Jeremy deserved better PCS tonight.

Johnny was fab tonight. I feel that his SP is a bit too much in terms of the taste, but his LP is great. He got plus GOE on Flip with !. Cool. I wish he had more combos. Did he have any?
    Last edited by Bennett; 12-05-2009 at 08:59 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoates View Post
    No. Lambiel's programs have actual choreography.

Oh snap!

Just finished checking the men's results (), will probably need another drink before I dare venture over to the ladies' thread.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I think Evan should switch to mullet hair style. It would look good seeing two mullets on the Olympic podium
    I m not ready for this yet. And a dozen sodas wouldnt help either.

I m upset with Oda, why he didnt go for at least a quad in Lp, not to say the 4-3-3 he was brilliantly jumping in practice? No he is not the quad king as was declared in the other thread, sorry, this was a great opportunity for him to start landing it, he needed it to win and it would have been great for Olympic Preparation. Is it Morozovs tactic to play it safe again?
    At least he will skip Nationals, thats great

I think it good that Nobu didn't try the quad. Dai might have done better than Nobu. Here it was most important to get the Olympic ticket ASAP. He could try his quad at Nationals. If he skated later than Dai, perhaps he went for it though.

Is Japan sending 2 or 3 men to Vancouver?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I think Evan should switch to mullet hair style. It would look good seeing two mullets on the Olympic podium

It has to be a GOLDEN mullet to work its champion-making magic.

But somehow the thought of a blond, mulleted Lysacek terrifies me somewhat.
    Last edited by evangeline; 12-05-2009 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I m not ready for this yet. And a dozen sodas wouldnt help either.

I m upset with Oda, why he didnt go for at least a quad in Lp, not to say the 4-3-3 he was brilliantly jumping in practice? No he is not the quad king as was declared in the other thread, sorry, this was a great opportunity for him to start landing it, he needed it to win and it would have been great for Olympic Preparation. :
    Watch at US Natls. If Evan tries a quad there he will probably use it in Vancouver.

Maybe Plush might want to try Evan's "helmet hair" since they will both be on the Olympic podium together. Maybe people will think they are twins

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Is Japan sending 2 or 3 men to Vancouver?
    Three.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I think it good that Nobu didn't try the quad. Dai might have done better than Nobu. Here it was most important to get the Olympic ticket ASAP. He could try his quad at Nationals. If he skated later than Dai, perhaps he went for it though.
    I agree. Most important thing was to get the ticket to Vancouver, and I think it is important for him that he finished ahead of Dai, especially towards the Japanese federation. Dai has the pressure on his shoulders at Nationals now, while Nobu could even skip them if he chooses to. (Which I do hope he will not, but he could.)

Evan won fair and square here, but I agree with many others that his PCS are ridiculous. He is good, but not that good.

Delighted with Johnny being on the podium!

Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    Evan won fair and square here, but I agree with many others that his PCS are ridiculous. He is good, but not that good.

Delighted with Johnny being on the podium!
    Thanks for your fair minded comments.

I tend to think many just can't bring themselves to face what is apparent here.
    It is CoP scoring which gets ridiculous at times. It is easier for fans to rag about Evan than it is to admit where the true problem lies.

Most think Evan won "fair and square" as you poined out - but seem a little too eager to attack Evan - rather than admitting a scoring system they defend like it is a member of their family is full of so many flaws.

CoP as a system favors a skater like Evan but not necessarily Johnny or Lambiel, who was mentioned here several times for a score from a few years ago.

Flawed logic combined with a flawed system has many fans here in a deep state of confusion and denial.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast