Grand Prix Final: Mens LP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Final: Mens LP

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Replay of Quad...they will definitely downgrade it.

I predict 4th place.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Daisuke was hot and cold in that performance. He seemed so into the performance, with beautiful expressions and everything, and then the jumps... He kept looking down in the 2nd half. Wonder something was wrong?

The scores will be interesting...

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oh no, little bobbles here & there for Takahashi, pressure seems to have gotten to him, skating in his home country. Still he never gave up on the peformance, not really.

And I r-e-s-p-e-c-t both him & Jeremy for going for the quad!:rock: In the end the results here are not that important, better to try the quad here in preparation for the Olympics, the big one! Others played it safe, yeah there are those that win playing it safe but I really don't respect that, sorry. I see the strategy, but this is exactly why my fav skaters are gutsy risk takers!!!!!:bow:

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Evan's PCS are ridiculous as compared to the other skaters. It makes me sick to see him so overscored.

Kinga

Medalist
Jeremy almost on the podium....
Now, Evan not only will get World Champion PCS bonus, but also GPF champion bonus... What a bonus it will be!! :)

mishieru07

On the Ice
Hehehe, Italian comemntators are drooling now over Evan's lovely arm movements and delicacy of gestures... This is so much fun :chorus:

Erm okay. No comments.

Well, at least this costume is better than the last one (no more frou frou and sheer fabric!). Good for him!

Ahhh Dai-chan! Not a good day.

WHAT 130+?! Must have been multiple downgrades. Clearly the audience doesn't agree.

Congrats to Evan, Oda and Johnny!!

Trewyn

Medalist
Oh ouch for the score; so it's Evan - Nobu - Johnny. Johnny got silver at the final last year as well right?

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Were it not for the deduction for the fall, Jeremy would have won the LP.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Being an Evan and Johnny fan I am doing my happy dance right know. :clap::clap:

Last edited:

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Daisuke's jumps have never looked all that secure since his return from his injury hiatus. I don't see him improving all that much on them this season. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see him on the Olympic podium.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Were it not for the deduction for the fall, Jeremy would have won the LP.

He should have won the LP anyway. Even with the fall on the Quad, it was stronger technically than Evan's performance.

And definitely stronger artistically.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Congratulation! :clap: I believe Oda just got himself qualified for the olys! I think he was tense and tentative as he was trying to relieve pressure off himself from having to qualified for the Olys on the Japanese national. (the Japanese federation deems a skater qualified if he/she earns a medal at the GPF.)

As I remember, he was believed to have earned the oly spot in 2006 but only his qualification taken away due to judging error. And it was Dai who went to the 2006 olys instead. I'm really happy for Oda for that reason.

I'm also happy for Jonny to earn the medal. Hope it does do wonder to his confidence. :clap::clap: