Warm Up Group/Start Order (5:30am EST)

1 Ashley WAGNER USA 54.26
    2 Akiko SUZUKI JPN 57.54
    3 Joannie ROCHETTE CAN 60.94
    4 Alena LEONOVA RUS 61.60
    5 Yu-Na KIM KOR 65.64
    6 Miki ANDO JPN 66.20

Saw broadcast of Asahi.

Miki changed her LP costume to blue, and with a horrible tiara.......

Custom Title
    I mean no offense to any Miki fans, but is it just me, or all Miki's costume look horrible? She doesn't seem to have sense of style, or what it is that look good on her.

Quote Originally Posted by CARA View Post
    I mean no offense to any Miki fans, but is it just me, or all Miki's costume look horrible? She doesn't seem to have sense of style, or what it is that look good on her.
    I like Miki, but I dislike her costumes. All of them look just awful on her, which is too bad since she's a beautiful young woman.

Custom Title
    I agree completely about Miki's costumes. Not flattering.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    I agree completely about Miki's costumes. Not flattering.
    It's a shame. Flattering costume in my opinion is part of the total presentation any skaters can take advantage of.

Custom Title
    Ashley is thrilled with her performance. Hopefully the tech controllers agree!

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Akiko changed her costume; it's a red dress now.

Ooh Ashley landed all her jumps! Good start and well done!

Custom Title

Russian Costumes are smothering Ando an Asada

Please stop it. Ladies, get Japanese designers to design for you.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    Please stop it. Ladies, get Japanese designers to design for you.
    I completely agree. Don't these Japanese skaters have their own say? It's strange.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Miki got a downgrade on her salchow, of all things, which is what did her in. Not that I disagree with the call yet, I'd have to see a replay. Tech callers really do hold all the power.

Speaking of, Yu Na has gone from doubting her flip to doubting her 3toes. At this point, the doubt may actually do her more harm than potential downgrades and edge calls. If Yu Na would just skate with full confidence, I think she has a very good chance of winning even with an unfriendly TC by the side.

Custom Title
    Even if Kim didn't skate her best I'm still proud that she went out there and gave a relatively clean program, and got one over her latest mental hurdle: the 3F.

Miki came very close to beating Kim and she should be encouraged that she was able to give first spot such a close call. I think that Miki is definitely the favourite for the Japanese championships, and this is wholly deserved.

Custom Title
    What a beautiful podium. Congratulations to the three medalists. I'm genuinely happy for them. Congratulations to Yuna for hanging tough there and delivering a decent performance, and for the 3F! So happy that she landed it. Congratulations to Miki and Akiko on their first GPF medal. Especially to Akiko. She had tears on her cheek when they were doing the victory parade, which almost made me want to cry too. I really hope she can make the Olympics team (judges, show Akiko some PCS love!)
    Last edited by SusieH; 12-05-2009 at 06:56 AM.

Custom Title
    It's so nice to see these skaters looking full of accomplishments, supported by the crowd. Makes the internet wars look so trivial... and irrelevant. Nice.

On the Ice

Thank goodness that Yuna made her LP almost clean.
    Otherwise I would've got really angry. She did 3-3 jump perfectly in her SP. still can't believe her second one got downgraded....
    That must put heavy pressure on her T.T
    She did 3-2 in her LP T.T
    I want to see Yuna doing 3-3. No women single skaters can do 3-3 combo perfectly but Yuna.
    If the idiots keep judging her jumps unfairly, we wouldn't see Y's beautiful TL-TT combo anymore. u no.. like we can see Kim's TF-TT combo no more.

I hope there are always fair judges and judgements for bright future of figure skating.(also ice dancing)