Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Prix Final: Ladies LP

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    yuna yuna yuna yuna !

What a boring, unattractive program. The tacky costume isn't helping, either. Someone please get Miki away from Morozov. Thank god it didn't win her the gold here - the way the judging has been going this weekend, I was concerned we'd see another ludicrous score.

Custom Title
    What did Yu-Na receive?

Custom Title
    Well, Yu-na won but I wouldn't call it convincing. Chink in the armor--she may indeed be beatable at OG with a couple of monster skates by someone.

Custom Title
    My two favorites were Akiko and Ashley. I think Akiko should have won the LP.

Custom Title
    It definitely wasn't a convincing outing for Yu-Na Kim, but I'm still glad she was able to come out and fight like she doesn't normally have to. I think it bodes well for her Olympic chances, and it also ensures that it will not just be a one-woman race in Vancouver because indeed, there will be stiff resistance.

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Quote Originally Posted by hikki View Post
    Miki has grown so much as a skater- She used to be a skater who would BOMB under pressure. She skated her heart out tonight. And each jump was huge!
    Agreed. She bombed in Torino and came back to win Worlds the next year. What a fighter!

Well, I agree with the placements, although I think Akiko's PCS should have been higher (when will the judges respect her?)

Everyone seemed very tense except Wagner and Akiko. Must have been nerves after watching Joannie and Alena implode.

Congrats to Yu Na, Miki and Akiko!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yelyoh View Post
    My two favorites were Akiko and Ashley. I think Akiko should have won the LP.
    ITA!!!!!! Akiko should have at least been ahead of Miki in the free!! I'm happy with Ashley's 4th place . I think she and Akiko were the ones that made a statement tonight. Akiko that she has to be on the Oly team and Ashley that she can deal with pressure and be fearless out there.

Congrats to Yuna's 3rd GPF champion.
    Congrats to Miki and AKiko.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrymeyunakim View Post
    It definitely wasn't a convincing outing for Yu-Na Kim, but I'm still glad she was able to come out and fight like she doesn't normally have to. I think it bodes well for her Olympic chances, and it also ensures that it will not just be a one-woman race in Vancouver because indeed, there will be stiff resistance.
    I agree. I'm glad she fought for every landing. It might have been a cautious performance, but she could use a relatively clean program after a mini-meltdown at SA. Good for Yuna.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Well, Yu-na won but I wouldn't call it convincing. Chink in the armor--she may indeed be beatable at OG with a monster skate by someone.
    Yup, Yuna's skating has grown tentative in the last 2 events. She's simply not attacking her jumps, which actually decrease their success rate. Again, I'm hoping that she's seeing a good sports shrink, but her focus on pre-performance falls seems to indicate she is not. Brian Orser, get thee to a sport shrink's office now!!!

This must be encouraging to Mao.......

And she landed her flip! That is the most important. Now she knows she can land it at the Olympics too!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    ITA!!!!!! Akiko should have at least been ahead of Miki in the free!! I'm happy with Ashley's 4th place . I think she and Akiko were the ones that made a statement tonight. Akiko that she has to be on the Oly team and Ashley that she can deal with pressure and be fearless out there.
    Yep, Ashley may have just helped her case with the USFS, to be assigned one of the USA's OG spots. And Akiko to get preference over Fumie for a spot...though Akiko vs Yukari might be a tougher call.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast