Grand Prix Final: Ladies LP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Final: Ladies LP

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Sigh...I hate to say this, but Miki really looks horrible in that dress...

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Edited because I'm completely wrong and delighted to be so. :D Congrats to Yu Na, who continues to be my favorite female skater. I really hope the potential downgrades don't make her second guess her 3toes too much, because I believe most tech callers would ratify them if she keeps landing them the way she used to.

Last edited:

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Miki has grown so much as a skater- She used to be a skater who would BOMB under pressure. She skated her heart out tonight. And each jump was huge!

It's interesting both Morozov's pupils tonight opted for conservative jumping strategies... I personally would love to have seen 3/3 and 2-3.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Akiko got held down in PCS--I think her FS should have been higher than Yu-na's. Though after SP, 2nd. With Miki's scores to go.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
What a boring, unattractive program. The tacky costume isn't helping, either. Someone please get Miki away from Morozov. Thank god it didn't win her the gold here - the way the judging has been going this weekend, I was concerned we'd see another ludicrous score.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Well, Yu-na won but I wouldn't call it convincing. Chink in the armor--she may indeed be beatable at OG with a couple of monster skates by someone.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
My two favorites were Akiko and Ashley. I think Akiko should have won the LP.

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
It definitely wasn't a convincing outing for Yu-Na Kim, but I'm still glad she was able to come out and fight like she doesn't normally have to. I think it bodes well for her Olympic chances, and it also ensures that it will not just be a one-woman race in Vancouver because indeed, there will be stiff resistance.

mishieru07

On the Ice
Miki has grown so much as a skater- She used to be a skater who would BOMB under pressure. She skated her heart out tonight. And each jump was huge!

Agreed. She bombed in Torino and came back to win Worlds the next year. What a fighter! :rock:

Well, I agree with the placements, although I think Akiko's PCS should have been higher (when will the judges respect her?)

Everyone seemed very tense except Wagner and Akiko. Must have been nerves after watching Joannie and Alena implode.

Congrats to Yu Na, Miki and Akiko!! :clap:

Trewyn

Medalist
My two favorites were Akiko and Ashley. I think Akiko should have won the LP.

ITA!!!!!! Akiko should have at least been ahead of Miki in the free!! I'm happy with Ashley's 4th place :). I think she and Akiko were the ones that made a statement tonight. Akiko that she has to be on the Oly team and Ashley that she can deal with pressure and be fearless out there.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
It definitely wasn't a convincing outing for Yu-Na Kim, but I'm still glad she was able to come out and fight like she doesn't normally have to. I think it bodes well for her Olympic chances, and it also ensures that it will not just be a one-woman race in Vancouver because indeed, there will be stiff resistance.
I agree. I'm glad she fought for every landing. It might have been a cautious performance, but she could use a relatively clean program after a mini-meltdown at SA. Good for Yuna.